Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disney's parks are theme parks, not necessarily mere amusement parks. What's the point you're trying to make?

Just following (or not following:shrug:) your chain of thought.

They could put the houses at the Art of Animation resort.

There is no Art of Animation resort.

But it's not a theme park. It's just a resort hotel.

erinshaneb

This bums me out..I am taking my daughter for the first time in September and she will be 4..I have been telling her she gets to ride a roller coaster with Goofy..Guess I need to keep up with things better..Does this also mean that the existing Dumbo ride is gone already??

Disneyson 1

This bums me out..I am taking my daughter for the first time in September and she will be 4..I have been telling her she gets to ride a roller coaster with Goofy..Guess I need to keep up with things better..Does this also mean that the existing Dumbo ride is gone already??

They're working slowly but surely, but I think Toontown and Dumbo will still be open by the time you get there!

Timon

I vote for DHS with a Toontown between Animation and Pixar studios. The current buildings house a tired Little Mermaid show, a WD museum better located elsewhere, and some offices. This space in the center of the park generates no money and adds limited attraction capacity.

picture.php

It would be great to enter this land thru a Gag Warehouse or car tunnel as in the RR movie. While I like the RR Toon Town Spin ride in DL I would like to see a Fab 5 ride in the same quality.

picture.php

It would be nice to have the character meet & great at the MK be condo or apartment themed for "When Mickey's in-town"

Spike-in-Berlin

I always believed that toontown is a quite cheap filler, although the houses were amusing, especially the disney art in minnies house. I would appreciate if these paintings would be shown in some other attraction.
But I am not exactly sad that toontown and the houses are going. I am only sad about what they are going for.

mharrington

I vote for DHS with a Toontown between Animation and Pixar studios. The current buildings house a tired Little Mermaid show, a WD museum better located elsewhere, and some offices. This space in the center of the park generates no money and adds limited attraction capacity.

picture.php

It would be great to enter this land thru a Gag Warehouse or car tunnel as in the RR movie. While I like the RR Toon Town Spin ride in DL I would like to see a Fab 5 ride in the same quality.

picture.php

It would be nice to have the character meet & great at the MK be condo or apartment themed for "When Mickey's in-town"

Sorry, but I just can't see having the Studios be the most reliable place to find Mickey and the gang.

momof2inmn

The only part of TTF I will miss is the houses (and the fun giant garden stuff) because that is my kids' favorite! Their most fun "memories" are of Minnie's house so it is their number one stop at MK. We will be going in December and they were crushed that Minnie's house will most likely be gone :cry:

I am looking forward to the new expansion though. I am also looking forward to Pixie Hollow because my kids LOVE those books, however, I agree that it would have been better to do it as Neverland with a section for Pixie Hollow within Neverland.

Ignohippo

Are we really sad to see M&M's houses go or are we sad because there isn't anything better announced yet? If they announced a new Toon Town, with the bells and whistles of the California counterpart, would we still care?

I'm terribly disappointed to see all of TTF closing. But when I really think about it, I'm sad to see it close because of what it represents rather than what it actually is. They could easily build something a million times better on half the land. It's a complete mess of design and space. It's always congested and really isn't nearly the fun it could be.

In the end, I'll bet we get new homes for Mickey and Minnie in a true Toon Town somewhere in the MK. There's no way they would upset that many visitors by tearing down the houses without a plan to make those same people very happy. It's their key demographic. Also, it goes against every Disney planning principal to have Mickey and Minnie at the front of the park. They're a destination and that has to be a temporary location for them (it may be 3+ years, but there has to be a better location for them planned).

mharrington

I just had a brilliant idea! What if we put a new house for Mickey over near where The Great Goofini is going to go? That might help justify a bit of the Fab Six's presence in Fantasyland (Mickey and Goofy). We could possibly base that on the old Mickeyville concept, like so:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SQoTKlGj-6I/AAAAAAAAJGU/8QEyXHJgPcA/s1600-h/mickey%27s+house.jpg

In fact, I had another idea to sweeten this idea: have the house for ALL the characters there! To avoid crowding issues, we could rotate the characters, so that it's always different. This might help justify the roller coaster being called The Great Goofini, since it will still have a Goofy theme. With this, we can establish a Toontown for the Studios and still give the Fab Six a reliable spot for guests to find them at the Magic Kingdom.

Any thoughts?

ryanduggers

I used to think the houses should stay, but after seeing them in december, they looked like they had passed their time, like the rest of toontown.

it is time for something new.

I just had a brilliant idea! What if we put a new house for Mickey over near where The Great Goofini is going to go? That might help justify a bit of the Fab Six's presence in Fantasyland (Mickey and Goofy). We could possibly base that on the old Mickeyville concept, like so:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD08/SQoTKlGj-6I/AAAAAAAAJGU/8QEyXHJgPcA/s1600-h/mickey%27s+house.jpg

In fact, I had another idea to sweeten this idea: have the house for ALL the characters there! To avoid crowding issues, we could rotate the characters, so that it's always different. This might help justify the roller coaster being called The Great Goofini, since it will still have a Goofy theme. With this, we can establish a Toontown for the Studios and still give the Fab Six a reliable spot for guests to find them at the Magic Kingdom.

Any thoughts?
Good idea, and I think it would give Circusland some more substance. Circuses travel from city to city around the country. How about the circus has made its way to Mickey's town and the gang is invited to join in on the fun ... hence The Great Goofini. Mickey could be a lion tamer with Pluto dressed as a lion, etc. Circusland seems silly and cheesy enough, so having the original Mickey Mouse gang included seems like a natural fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom