Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

Sketch105

It kinda puts them right back where they started. Guests coming to the MK saying "Where do Mickey and Minnie live?" They built a land, improved it as much as possible, and now they're evicting them and putting them back at square one. Kinda ironic, don't you think?

As for the Pixie Hollow, I'm looking forward to it. I think the design of the place is going to be beautiful, and if you watched during the D23 Press conference when he spoke about Pixie Hollow-A bunch of Wows arose. I'd take that as a microcosm of reaction when they do build it.

mharrington

Sure. In the castle, in any empty hotel room, camped on the beach at the Poly, nodding off on SSE as it makes an endless loop. Like I said, it's a fun idea! :D

For some reason, it makes me shudder to think of this. They would probably get evicted from all of these places, too. Security would probably order them to leave these areas after-hours.

So they should really have to have someplace practical to go to.

Pusta100

I was on another Disney site, and there were rumors going around that Disney might actually keep Mickey’s and Minnie’s Houses. I don’t know if its true, but I for one think they should keep them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was on another Disney site, and there were rumors going around that Disney might actually keep Mickey’s and Minnie’s Houses. I don’t know if its true, but I for one think they should keep them.

Their houses would clash thematically with the replacement designed for that area. M&M does not go well with Pixie's.

pusta101

Their houses would clash thematically with the replacement designed for that area. M&M does not go well with Pixie's.

I agree, but they were possibly talking about relocating them. If they are keeping Barnstormer and Dumbo I am sure they could have found a way to work them in. After all....it all started with a mouse.

Sketch105

I think people are getting confused when WDW mentioned relocating. I think they meant the characters only, not that actual houses if I'm correct.

Sketch105

This is from the Orlando Sentinel:

"To accommodate the expansion, Disney will raze most of Mickey’s Toontown Fair, the smallest of the Magic Kingdom’s “lands.” Gone will be both of the walk-through country houses where guests were guaranteed to meet Disney’s most famous characters: Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

Disney says Mickey and Minnie will get new homes near the front entrance of the park. The children’s roller coaster, the Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm, will remain, though it will be re-themed, likely with a circus overlay linking it to Dumbo"

By Homes, I believe he actually means the Exposition Hall is where you'll be meeting Mickey and Minnie. They are not moving the houses themselves I think.

mharrington

Disney says Mickey and Minnie will get new homes near the front entrance of the park.

By Homes, I believe he actually means the Exposition Hall is where you'll be meeting Mickey and Minnie. They are not moving the houses themselves I think.

Maybe they won't move the houses, but the least they can do is create brand-new houses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom