Any un-magical moments happen to you?

Elonwy

I'm guessing my parent's most unmagical moment was the one time they took us to WDW way back when I was probably about 2 or 3 years old. I loved Raggedy Ann but when we saw her I was terrified. I vaguely remember screaming and crying but of course my mom picked me and up and she and RA held me together and my dad got a "great" pic of my tear streamed face with while I was smooshed between Raggedy Ann and my mom!

I had no idea Raggedy Ann was ever at Disney. Was she a regular or was it a special event?

Alexx

yeah, my mom has a story of me at that age...we were at the sirport getting on a bus to go to our Disney resort. I was pretending to be Snow White but my mom wasn't calling me Snow White so in front of everyone I screamed "THAT IS NOT MY NAME AND YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!!!"

:lol: That made me laugh.

I dont really have any unmagical moments except that I got a cold on the last 2 days of our trip.
Thats about it I think.

EpcotGrl

I took some friends to WDW in June 2006, and by the time our plane landed (after midnight), I had a killer migraine. Made DME and headed for our hotel--Beach Club--which I figured would be one of the first stops since it's on the way in. Instead the driver took us to GF first as his only other passengers had been travelling for, like, 12 hours and were pretty much passed out in their seats. By the time we pull up at the Grand I'm about to die, and the lights in the pull-up area set me off, so I head to the restroom at the back of the bus to be sick. We unload them and head for BC, and I was sick twice before we reached it. Poor DME driver was so apologetic, even though I was too miserable to remember to tip him!

Bizarrely, after falling asleep at 2 am, I was up at 730 the next day, ready for the parks! So guess it wasn't TOO un-magical! ;)

DisneyGigi

The only thing that I can think of that was even remotely "unmagical" on a Disney trip would be catching the flu while we were there. We ended up leaving a day early when the kids got it. Even though we were sick (DH & I first) we still had an amazing time, the only time I have ever been that sick and still could keep going. I did feel really bad that someone else might catch it though but then again someone had to give it us while we were there.

MAF

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I think we're on way different wavelenghths here...I wasn't being rude or anything I was just saying that things like this (and worse) happen and that I find it's healthier to laugh it off when you can. You may not be in that place, though so I won't reply again or anything because I think you're taking everything I say wrong and I don't want to exacerbate the situation.

To Elonwy & Sublimesting: thanks for seeing my intention, I'm glad someone understood :wave:
KelsyBelle was the same person who told someone "GOT IT? GOOD!!!" in another thread. She has a serious attitude problem and needs to get a grip...like right now.

eliezrah

KelsyBelle was the same person who told someone "GOT IT? GOOD!!!" in another thread. She has a serious attitude problem and needs to get a grip...like right now.
Wow, that was a little harsh, wasn't it? Maybe it would be a good idea to keep personal opinions about fellow members to yourself. You know the old adage if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

TigerLily_CM

There was a very un-magical moment that happened to a fellow cast member (I get teary eyed just thinking about it)...she was bringing the beer out to the ice cart at the Cdn Pavilion and twisted her ankle somehow and fell...sending the beer fizzing across the promenade.

We lost about 15 fine representatives of Canada that day and they will be remembered :cry::cry::cry:

Kelsybelle

Does someone need a hug? Really, I'm flattered!
If you took the time to scroll through my posts you would infact see that I have pleasant things to say. Thanks for reminding me to get a grip because I would never have thought to do that! :kiss:

Grim Grinner

Two trips ago, the wife and I got to our resort (Caribbean Beach Resort, BTW), checked-in and struck out for Epcot. At the time, my wife's crohen's disease, an inflammation of the intestines, was really acting up. It was in a phase that if she ate too much or not enough, she'd get really sick.

The Japan Pavilion at Epcot was our choice of eateries, and I could tell she was on her last legs so to speak. We were both starving, but she was feeling it twice as bad as me.

The line to get into the park was insane compared to all our other trips. When we get to the turnstyle, our passes don't work! We were told that for some reason, our passes were not put on our room keys (as they had on all previous adventures).

We struck out for Guest Relations, waiting in line for another hour (when waiting to get inside a park for the first time in a long time takes forever as it is...) and were told that we'd never paid for tickets. My wife pulled out our receipts and confirmation information. Do dice- we had to go back to the resort.

As luck would have it, it took about a half-hour for the proper bus to arrive. The Guest Relations at the hotel had about a half-hour line, which my wife bravely faced while I stood nearby, transfixed by the whirling fans overhead.

Eventually we did make it back to Epcot and enjoyed an amazing trip. Plus, good things did come out of it. We were given a free weeks worth of passes in addition to the ones we actually bought (which were held at will-call at Animal Kingdom?!?!) We also didn't have to pay for our room. Essentially, our trip cost practically nothing, although my wife was certainly feeling ill for a good portion of the trip (she's better now. Surgery can work wonders.)

Only 83 days until the next trip!

I don't remember this, but my mom LOVES telling this story.

Many years ago we celebrated my birthday while I was in Disney world. I was turning 4. On my actual birthday we had reservation to eat breakfest on the Emperoress Lily (see how long ago this was?) Anyway while we were waiting to get on the boat my mom starts talking about what a great birthday I'm going to have. I start crying. Balling. "I don't want want my birthday here! I want to go to McDonalds!" So my older sisters are telling me how cool its going to be and how I'm going to get to meet Tigger (who was my favoirate). And the whole time we were out there I just kept crying, "This is not my birthday! My birthday is at McDondals!"

Once I got in there I got over it, but I imagine it probably wasn't the most magical moment for my family. :brick:

This reminds me of my nephew's 5th birthday. The family was going to Chef Mickey's to celebrate his 5th birthday. He INSISTED that his party HAD to be at Chuck-E-Cheese and NO PLACE else. I feared a tantrum coming on next :( and tried to explain to him that our family trip was a trip to celebrate his turning 5. Well, that did it....for a while. Once we finished our meal and had our fun he said "hey auntie, can we go to Chuck-E-Cheese now?" OMG, I could not stop laughing. :D My sister was mortified and it was anything but magical for her, especially when he asked Mickey if he knew Chuck-E-Cheese. :lol:

realtaffy

Most Unmagical vacation ever

My most unmagical vacation was December 2007. It started out like most we left for airport at 3:30am for 7:00am flight. Didn't get to eat anything, so I was starving and feeling alittle lightheaded. We arrived at the resort by 11:00 am but my mother and husband wanted to eat in Epcot, another hour goes by we arrive at the Canadian Pavillion. Have lunch but by then I was sick and wanted to go back to the hotel but Mom and husband wanted to see movie in Canada. Halfway throught the movie I'm feeling unbalanced so I walk out found a bench and passed out. When I woke up my family are wondering what happened. No one noticed me gone. I tell them I have to go back to hotel to rest but they are mad because they don't want to leave. So I leave them, find out where our room is and crash. Four hours later I wake up in agony. My legs are so cramped from dehydration all I could do is cry. So my first day is ruined. The next day still recovering from dehydration I force myself to go out because we only have four days left and I don't want to miss them. By afternoon my arches fall and I can't walk on my feet because they hurt so much. I spent the next thee days in a wheelchair while my mother and husband argued while pushing me around the parks. Finally starting to feel better on fourth day. We all to to Magic Kingdom with plans to go to Whoop De Du Reveue. We were seperated when my mother decided to go back to hotel till dinner. We tell her to meet us at the launch for Wilderness Camp grounds at 5:00pm. 5:00pm comes around, no mother. We wait an hour till we couldn't wait anymore, figuring she must have went ahead to me us there. We arrive at Whoop De Du Revue, still no mother. Our tickets are prepaid so we go in. 1/2 way through the show my mother shows up. She was waiting at the wrong launch for Wilderness Lodge went ahead, found out she was in the wrong place, had to go back to Magic Kingdom to get right launch and missed the boat. The next day, which is our departure day, I wake up at 4:30am with the worst stomach virus I have ever had. I spent all morning in the bathroom while my husband packed our bags. Our plane isn't leaving till 7:00pm so we still have the day to go. My husband and mom take the bags to checkout to find out they are too heavy and something has to go. All three of us are in lobby now going through the luggage to eliminate excess in a box to send home because we can't take it on the plane. I'm still sick inbetween this confusion. For the last three hours at our resort I way laying on the sofas in the lobby with a cold face cloth on by face till the bus arrive to take us to the airport. Finally get on plane arrive in Newark and was delayed in air circling for an hour because of too many planes. Finally landed but was two back to the gate. I learn alot that vacation: 1) eat and drink before you get to plane 2) bring preventative medicine with you so you don't get sick and 3) don't go with relatives who like to bicker.

bjlc57

sounds like your husband isn't trying to meet your needs. If my wife was even coming close to getting sick, we would stop and put her needs above everyone else's.

because that's family. true family. the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many. so that everyone can have a good time, not just a few.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom