Any un-magical moments happen to you?

kristalovesWDW

Original Poster
Ok, Here goes.....

Nov 2007, My Girlfriend and I arrive at all-star movies around 1am for a 10 day trip with our friends that are arriving the next day(afternoon). We go to epcot for the morning and enjoy the food and wine festival for a little bit before heading back to the resort to meet up with our friends. On our way back to our room we figured that we would stop by the front desk to find out what room our friends were staying in and if we could move our room closer. No problem....done. So we go back to the room clean up whatever and pack anything we might have taken out. We were told that someone will be by to pick up our luggage to move it to our new room. Im thinking, Geez, i have a bad feeling about this lets just move it ourselves. She was like no, our friends are waiting for us, lets go. OOOOOOkkkkkkkkk i said. So we go to a park (Cant remeber which one) enjoy the time, and head back to the resort. We get back to our room to check our luggage to find that my girlfriends wallet was stolen from her backpack. she had like 400.00 dollars cash, and ID, And ATM card. GREAT!!! So we call the everybody that works for disney, and basically all they could do for us was give her a $50.00 charge card and say that they arent responsible for stolen item. Im going what, your concierge steals stuff from our bags and all you can do is give us $50.00 and say your not responsible. I was very dissapointed in Disney at that moment.........

I also got a fever midway through this trip, so a whole day was wasted, pounding Nyquil and sleeping......

Oiy Vey......But needless to say....Never, and i mean never will i stay at a value resort AGAIN! The concierge employee looked like they belong in a fast food joint.....

I still love Disney World though:)

WOW. that scares me a bit! i stayed at all star movies last time; we didn't have anything stolen, thank God. but now i know i may never stay there again!

PeoplemoverTTA

-when we did a shopping tour to Downtown Disney my girlfriends purchase was forgotten to be delivered to our hotel in time and as she had bought some clothing she needed dearly on the same day and the entire purchase was already locked into some kind of storage facitiliy, the hotel reception CMs purchased exactly the same articles again and delivered them to our hotel. We got another complimentary breakfast in compensation.

I'm glad Disney took care of you with your incidents. Regarding the one above, though, I thought I'd mention that when you have your packages sent to your resort on WDW property, your bags will not be available for pickup until after 12pm the following day (each hotel's gift shop will also call your room with a message that your packages are available for pickup in case you forget). I would definitely recommend to your friend she not send anything to the hotel she might need in the next day to 2 days (just to be safe).

On another note, two threads with vomit stories in the same week - my stomach's getting queasy :lol:.

bluefaery

I landed at OIA on Feb 13th and everything was fine. Got on the ME bus and met my boyfriend at POP century (he drove out before me so that he could spend time with his mom alone). The morning of v-day I went to the Magic Kingdom alone (boyfriend had a Drs appt). By 1pm that afternoon I had somehow lost my voice, and I was sneezing up a storm. I couldn't blame loosing my voice on rides since I hadn't rode any rides that morning. I was bummed out since we had and ADR at 1900 Park Faire and I was looking forward to meeting Prince Charming for the 1st time. That night I couldn't talk and my nose was all red. Thankfully you couldn't tell in the picture that I got with Prince Charming. I finally got my voice back the day before we were supposed ot leave. Needless to say that I went the entire trip whispering and using hand signals when I wanted to talk to anyone.

David

We had one a couple of weeks ago. This one was not the fault of Disney nor did it even happen at Disney, but it was unmagical.

We had bought tickets for Universal and Mears was to pick us up at 8:10. OK, about 8:20 they got there, not too late, but since we were going to try both Universal parks in one day, we wanted to be there when the park opened.

Well, the Mears rep did not tell us that they would leave All Star Sports and go to All Star Movies, then Coronado Springs, then Pop Century before heading over to Universal. Nor did they tell us that they would be stopping by Sea World and Discovery Cove before going to Universal.

After dropping some guests at Sea World, the driver leaves, drives by Discovery Cove and when a passenger brought it to his attention, he told us that he has missed the entrance to DC and would have to turn around. Well, he turned onto a street where construction was going on, so police made traffic detour around another street. He FINALLY made it to DC and we got to Universal Studios at 9:35. A 20 minute trip had lasted 1 hour and fifteen minutes.

Spike-in-Berlin

Oiy Vey......But needless to say....Never, and i mean never will i stay at a value resort AGAIN! The concierge employee looked like they belong in a fast food joint.....

Is ist really that bad? Last year we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, courtyard room but next time we planned a value resort for the first days to spare some money for the following days at the Polynesian. I thought they are still disney-resorts so you CAN'T do something wrong if you choose them. Any others here with negative experiences in value resorts?

wardpr68

i went with another family when i was about 16 and we stayed at some condo off property. I got VERY sick and the day we were going to AK i had to stay home because i was throwing up so much.

I got over it in about 2 days but then the other kids started to get sick.... that day i lifted the cover to the hot tub at our condo and noticed it REEKED like rotting fish or something.

So basically... we found out it was because of the hot tub not being cleaned properly or at all.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! but i still loved the trip :)

DisneyNme

Is ist really that bad? Last year we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, courtyard room but next time we planned a value resort for the first days to spare some money for the following days at the Polynesian. I thought they are still disney-resorts so you CAN'T do something wrong if you choose them. Any others here with negative experiences in value resorts?

Ive stayed and moderates and value's, the trip before this last was the only time i stayed at a moderate, it was awesome, great service, food, and rooms. Ive stayed at all the all-stars....didnt like them...might as well called them disneys All-star Zoo's. I do have to say that i did stay at POP before and was pleased....

Uponastar

We had one a couple of weeks ago. This one was not the fault of Disney nor did it even happen at Disney, but it was unmagical.

We had bought tickets for Universal and Mears was to pick us up at 8:10. OK, about 8:20 they got there, not too late, but since we were going to try both Universal parks in one day, we wanted to be there when the park opened.

Well, the Mears rep did not tell us that they would leave All Star Sports and go to All Star Movies, then Coronado Springs, then Pop Century before heading over to Universal. Nor did they tell us that they would be stopping by Sea World and Discovery Cove before going to Universal.

After dropping some guests at Sea World, the driver leaves, drives by Discovery Cove and when a passenger brought it to his attention, he told us that he has missed the entrance to DC and would have to turn around. Well, he turned onto a street where construction was going on, so police made traffic detour around another street. He FINALLY made it to DC and we got to Universal Studios at 9:35. A 20 minute trip had lasted 1 hour and fifteen minutes.

We had a similar experience with Mears a few years ago.
We were picked up by a Mears shuttle at the airport and should have been dropped off at our hotel no more than 20 minutes later. But it took us an unbelievable 3 hours to get there! The driver drove in circles, unaware of the locations of the hotels he was supposed to be stopping at. After several calls to Mears during our stay, we were promised...and received...an upgrade to a Lincoln Towncar for our return trip to the airport. Still, I'd be wary of using Mears in the future.
Since that experience, we have rented a car on every trip to WDW and have never been sorry.

MKCP 1985

this is one of the most miserable threads ever. :hurl: so let me add more misery to your reading displeasure. :lol:

Most un-magical experiences of mine revolve around other guests' actions -

line jumping
shoving their way to the front for parades
being loud during the attractions
b.o. & flatulence
child beating
screaming meltdowns between adults
rudeness to cast members at the hotel registration desk(usually at check OUT when settling the bill)

those seem to be the most common I've come across.

I've been pretty lucky, personally, in all my visits. I can't think of anything that made any of the trips "un-magical." :)

DisneyNme

That is just terrible. All the money the company gets, and all they gave you was a lowsy $50.00 card???? I'm sorry but their employees touched and moved your bags...they should be responsible for it, since we, as guests, trust these people with our bags when staying in Disney. I would have been absolutely sick to my stomach if that were me. I don't care for the values either. We do like Pop Century though...ever since it opened we won't stay at the All Stars.

It's one of those situations where you should of gone with your gut feeling, but didn't...

Excatly our feelings....we spent alot of our vacation time talking to managers, security and the like. Hours spent on hold with the claims department.

One thing i did fail to mention is that one of the baggage employees actually went into our room because she didnt think that we had something stolen and was looking for it, searched the bags and everything...she was acting quite guilty if you ask me. I love my girl friend to death, but i should of been comp'ed by disney for all the money I spent because she didnt have any....:lookaroun haha, anyway.....but in all seriuosness.....i wouldnt feel safe at my laughing place if we stayed at a value again.

Thessair

It is possible to get dishonest cast members (if that was indeed the cause of the loss) at any resort. It's not like they pick the shifty ones out of a line-up and send them off to the Value resorts like Fagin in mouse ears.

Personally, I've never had a problem at any level of the resorts and I do feel like I've gotten quite lucky. Of course, I try not to leave my trip funds anywhere unattended. But it seems the real issue there is with individuals and not the entire resort.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes, but its hardly the discussion for a family board, and about the 6th thread on the same theme in the last few weeks.

Perhaps we could have a new section of the board, somewhere to keep a rolling log of gripes.

DisneyNme

I agree there are some bad eggs out there......We never would of thought in a million years would we be robbed at WDW, but hey look at what happened, so that right there it put a bad taste in our mouth with value resorts....

"It's not like they pick the shifty ones out of a line-up and send them off to the Value resorts like Fagin in mouse ears."

I find i hard to believe that they would allow someone with cornrolls and an unprofessional attitude at a Moderate or deluxe resort....but thats IMHO....

lilphil6487

I have a few that Ive mentioned in other posts before.

1. This one happened recently last summer our first trip to DL. You know how you have to pay for food on the plane now? Well we decided we wanted to save some money and just wanted to get some cheap snacks from the coffee shop in the terminal at Newark Airport. I got a muffin and some apple juice and so did my parents. By the time we landed in LA, we were so hungry. We got to the DL Hotel and got something to eat and it felt sooooooo good. My dad has some medical problems and got very sick. He missed dinner and shopping at downtown disney. He did get to watch the fireworks from the balcony while we were out, but he was so sick and threw up a few times. What a wonderful way to start a 1st time trip to DL. It was our fault we didnt get enough to eat and the next time I fly, Im buying food on the plane. I dont care about the costs.

2. This involved the bus from Wilderness Lodge to Typhoon Lagoon. It was about 12 and we waited an hour for the bus, and we didnt realize but it also stops at so many other places and it took forever to get to typhoon lagoon. By the time we got there, we didnt even care anymore. We just went to the wave pool. Then, the park was overun by those brazillian tour groups. It was crazy!!!!!!! The kids had no repsect. They were pushing and shoving. My cousin got knocked over and got a scrape on her elbow. We were trying to get on the lazy river, and when we got free tubes and tried to get in them, they literally tried to push us away and take them. Then trying to get out og the lazy river was crazy. We could not get out!! They crowded the steps. We had to climb out over the side through some bushes. Then, there were brazillian kids sleeping all over the pathways. They like pulled up some rocks and put their towels on them as pillows. PEople were tripping all over them. I dont know what the problem was, but disney was not on top of them that day. We eventually left because it was just very unenjoyable and went to the pool at the WL villas. I dont have aything agaisnt foreigners, but that day was just rediculous. When we left the park we found out it was closed because it was filled to capacity.
3. This also happend that same trip with the toru groups. We were leaving MK on the monorail to go to the Contemporary for dinner. I guess they were all going to the TTC. We were packed like sardines with a group of them. When the monorail stopped at the contemporary, they wouldnt let us out. My dad got out and we weret able to because they would let us out. The monorail stopped at the TTC and we had to go around again to get back to the contemporary.
4. Ok, this one happened at the contemporary that night for dinner. We checked in at the concourse steakhouse and the we sat an waited. A half hour goes by and we ask how much longer. The guy said it should be just a few more minutes. A half hour goes by and we ask again. We gave him the name again, and he said he doesnt have us down for a reservation. For like 20 minutes we were telling him we have a reservation, gave him the number, and then a manager came with some kind of note book. She looked us up and there we were for 6:30. So what happened was when the guy checked us in, he actually deleted us from the list or something. We got seated immediately. So thats it.

maryszhi

this is one of the most miserable threads ever. :hurl: so let me add more misery to your reading displeasure. :lol:

line jumping
b.o. & flatulence
child beating
rudeness to cast members at the hotel registration desk(usually at check OUT when settling the bill)

I've been pretty lucky, personally, in all my visits. I can't think of anything that made any of the trips "un-magical." :)
amen

disneydiva72

It doesn't matter if its Value or not....years ago (probably like 17 years ago) we stayed at the Polynesian when I was a teen and I took off my gold earrings (large hoops) and I put them in between my clothes in my suitcase, I specifically remember putting them there and zipping my suitcase.

When we got back to the room hours later, my suitcase was unzipped and the earrings were gone. I remember my mother calling the front desk, they didnt do anything about it....and then my mother specifically telling them to bring extra towels now and that we did NOT want anyone cleaning our room for the rest of the trip. (we only had 2 days left and we could survive without someone making our bed lol)

I don't leave ANYTHING.... not one thing of value in my room or my cases, I don't even bring any of my "good" jewelry, I only wear my engagement and wedding band.

sublimesting

I agree there are some bad eggs out there......We never would of thought in a million years would we be robbed at WDW, but hey look at what happened, so that right there it put a bad taste in our mouth with value resorts....

"It's not like they pick the shifty ones out of a line-up and send them off to the Value resorts like Fagin in mouse ears."

I find i hard to believe that they would allow someone with cornrolls and an unprofessional attitude at a Moderate or deluxe resort....but thats IMHO....

Disney has a certain look that must be maintained to work there. If corn rows are acceptable to the dress code then that person is acceptable to work anywhere. Disney would never be caught categorizing people employees like that. They wouldn't want to risk a lawsuit. Now, would they put more experienced (trusted)employees at higher priced resorts....maybe. If I were managing accomodations, the value resorts would be where I trained employees and as they earned promotions and seniority they would be allowed the opportunity to work in progressively classier environments as they showed they could handle the responsibility.

EPCOT Explorer

OOH...THis was certainly un-magical for me.

Ok,I'm about 7-8 years old and it was our 1st day in the World.We spent the morning traveling and the afternoon in MGM.And it was hot,after all it was late Aug.So naturally,my legs are pretty stiff from sitting the whole morning.Well,we walk around and they loosen up but still feel kinda funny all day.Finally,we go to watch SITS and I sit in down on my legs.They fall asleep.When we get up after SITS,BOTH legs go into spasms and I fall flat on my face.

I had to be caried out of the park.:eek:

I know,I know,it's not THAT bad but as a 7 year old I freaked out and bawled tat the fact that my legs didn't work.:lol::eek:

eroyee

We love POP as a value resort. Its really nice for the money. I think you could have things stolen at any resort or anywhere else on property. Its the way people act nowdays, not the resorts........

The Oggmonster

After taking 14 trips to Disney World, we did have a couple of un-magical moments.

Well to start it off, last year when we went there we went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride during the extra magic hour. Towards the end of the ride. We got stuck for about an hour listening to the main theme song for the ride over and over again. After the hour we were evacuated. I did not know what was going on, but it sucked. Then after walking behind the scenes and stuff and walking around the building, all we got was 1 fastpass for any attraction (which included a fastpass sign) at the Magic Kingdom.

Also we had problems with luggage as well.

Ok, Here goes.....

We get back to our room to check our luggage to find that my girlfriends wallet was stolen from her backpack. she had like 400.00 dollars cash, and ID, And ATM card. GREAT!!! So we call the everybody that works for disney, and basically all they could do for us was give her a $50.00 charge card and say that they arent responsible for stolen item.

Wow I can't believe they said that. It should be there responsibility if they lost someone's wallet. This is why I keep my wallet on me at all times.

line jumping
b.o. & flatulence
child beating

Wow I never seen any child beating. But yeah thats what makes any part of my trip un-magical" also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom