Rumor Another DHS Closure?

Goofyernmost

It’s ridiculous that they are charging full price for this place.

I remember visiting in 1989. Indy was a big show.
And we saw Beaty and Beast once when it Fort opening and that was enough.

The show I miss is Huncback that closed several years ago.we will still make time to see little Mermaid and muppets.

FANTASMIC! Is a never miss for me. Love love love it. This show, tower, rock’n’roll coaster, star tours and midway mania are it for me.

Five total attractions are not worth a full days admission. It’s disgusting
Yet, they charged full days fees for it when it first opened and we were mostly walked around the place for a day (actually less) It also seems that because you don't like the other things then you should be charged less? They used to do that in Colonial Williamsburg. It only costs a few buck to get in, which you could have done at a number of spots in Williamsburg for free and you could walk outside of many historical recreated buildings that were only accessible if you paid extra to do so. Sort of like the infamous early days of Disneyland and WDW. You paid a tiny little price to get into the park and to see a few highly sponsored attractions, but, if you wanted to see anything worthwhile you had to pay extra for it. It's really all personal decisions as to what is worth what. Unless everyone feels the same way and no longer goes there, it might mean an adjustment in pricing... but as things stand now, we either have to pay the price or go to a different park.

FutureCEO

There's not a lot of possibilities in terms of rides - we know TSMM is safe, seems like from what's been posted ToT should be staying in it's current form. Star Tours should stick around for the near future at least until SW:GE opens, so really that leaves RnRC? Or a show, and let's face it, most of the shows could use a change out.

Should Star Tours be a part of the new Star Wars land?

Kman101

every single time and I'm 28 so the old guard argument is null and void.

I'm a couple of years older and love The Muppets. I grew up with the reruns of The Muppet Show, original flavor Muppet Babies ... Disney definitely hasn't done them the most justice over the years, no wonder a lot of people don't have an attachment. Muppet Babies was a smart reboot idea, but I'm sadly no longer the audience for it ;) lol

CoasterSnoop

If universal can build Transformers in 10 months, Disney could put up an E-Ticket in the same amount of time I bet. Granted, the attraction would be mostly screens.

One problem with that is the Orlando installation of Transformers didn't require any creative input or such. It's a clone of a ride Uni already built two times before, and its ride system is already very similar to Spider-Man at IoA.

TwilightZone

One problem with that is the Orlando installation of Transformers didn't require any creative input or such. It's a clone of a ride Uni already built two times before, and its ride system is already very similar to Spider-Man at IoA.
Not to mention that the building doesn't have much in terms of theming.
043-Transformers-The-Ride-3d-Universal-Orlando_1371706728.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Not to mention that the building doesn't have much in terms of theming.

Creativity should be complete before work begins.

How long did it take to build the Soarin' clone in Orlando? Something simpler than the apparently simple Transformers?

But we digress.

Ignohippo

If universal can build Transformers in 10 months, Disney could put up an E-Ticket in the same amount of time I bet. Granted, the attraction would be mostly screens.

Two words in your statement that tell you all you need to know: "Universal" and "Disney".

No matter how much planning has gone into it, Disney can't do much of anything under 24 months. Maybe a merchandise push cart? Good Lord, look at how long it is taking for the new Mickey attraction to go into the Chinese Theater, and that is an already existing show building, almost entirely screens, and a completely flat ride surface. You're looking at around 24 months + even for that!

On the other hand, I would not be at all surprised to see an entirely new Uni park be built in 24-36 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom