Rumor Another DHS Closure?

Goofyernmost

Not to mention that the building doesn't have much in terms of theming.
043-Transformers-The-Ride-3d-Universal-Orlando_1371706728.jpg
Since I am older then dirt, I tend to fall asleep in front of a TV. Last year I went to Spiderman, one of my favorites and later in the day I went to Transformers. While watching it I had a moment of panic when I thought I had fallen asleep in Spiderman and was dreaming that Spiderman bought a fancy halloween costume of the Transformers and put it on to fool the villains. Imagine my surprise when my elderly brain finally realized that they were two separate attractions. I could have sworn that I had already seen it. :oops::eek::grumpy:

drod1985

I'm sure we're not counting Path of the Jedi as "major," but I'm honestly shocked it's lasted as long as it has

I dunno, I think its good crowd control. You've got 15 kids per level, so 30 kids total. If you assume each kid has an average of 2 adults with them that's an occupation of 90 people per show + passerbys for 15 twenty minute shows per day. It may not sound like much when you compare it to a full ride capacity, but it basically guaranteeing about 100 people aren't riding a ride twice per hour. Then it drives families towards Star Tours and Muppet Vision, both of which have average wait times lower than TSMM, RnRC, ToT, etc.

Also I just want it to stick around long enough for my son to be able to participate. :)

deWild

Two words in your statement that tell you all you need to know: "Universal" and "Disney".

No matter how much planning has gone into it, Disney can't do much of anything under 24 months. Maybe a merchandise push cart? Good Lord, look at how long it is taking for the new Mickey attraction to go into the Chinese Theater, and that is an already existing show building, almost entirely screens, and a completely flat ride surface. You're looking at around 24 months + even for that!

On the other hand, I would not be at all surprised to see an entirely new Uni park be built in 24-36 months.

24-36 months, so 2-3 years? Hong Kong was developed in 2.5 years. I'm sure Universal would be able to build a new park in that same timespan, and I'm positive Disney could if they wanted as well.

As for the Chinese Theater, it's not as simple as blowing up the inside and plopping in some screens. I bet management wants to reuse as much as possible, possibly taking advantage of some renewable tax credits, in addition to spreading out construction so MMRR opening coincides with the opening of SWL or roughly a few months apart. Then they can market DHS as a "brand-new" entertainment experience. This will keep shareholders happy because it shows progress, and they can continue to sway unhappy guests with the "come back and see us in a year".

crxbrett

@danyoung56 isn't that Gary Owens as the narrator in Superstar Limo? Guess that comes under... you can't win them all. Some things just can't be saved. :cautious:;)

I don't believe that is Gary's actual voice. But sounds like they got an actor who had a similar sound and feel. Although a lot of narrations/voice-overs on tv, radio and in films still, to this day, emulate the amazing Gary Owens' delivery and style. Right before his passing a few years ago, he was still doing TVLand's tv ads, though.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I might as well jump in with my uncatagorical nomination of Narnia: Prince Caspian, as the worst attraction in the Studio's history.

Nah Legend of Jack Sparrow has that beat for worst attraction at the Studio, Narnia Prince Caspian at least had some good effects like the Stone Table.

Both were pretty lame for a park with 'Studios' on the marquee so it could easily be a split decision on 'worst ever attraction'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom