Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Bumpitty bump bump.

Hey, I got the group E-Mail and have to speak my mind...if you guys who are coughin' up $75 get a buffet, private seating and private entry for Expedition Everest...where does that leave us who don't pay up? I mean, what's the point of even being part of the group if some of the group will NOT be seeing the show/riding-the-ride (mostly) together?
:hammer:

Maybe I need to always just have an offshoot "Safaribration 10: Cheapskate Divison"
:lol:

Well, you don't have to worry about that as we ended up not doing the "experience" due to a lack of interest--which is fine with us in all regards! So, like before, Everest, Nemo and Dinosaur are all free and open to attend! :D
Thanks! You rock!:sohappy:

Why thank you! But I do profess Marcia, you rock as well! :animwink:

Well I apologize for the lengthy absense but we've been busy over the last week getting the final approvals on our event and schedule for A Wild Decade (as well as prepping the preliminary details for the World Wide Weekend, as we will open registration for that on April 14th).

We closed registration on schedule with 400 registered attendees, which was our cap (unfortunately, though it is something we don't plan to do for any future events). Though we were unsuccessful in reserving a Yak and Yeti group meal (the restaurant just isn't ready for any group meals such as our yet, so we are trying again for September), we were able to get two pavilions reserved for us (for a two hour period) at Flame Tree Barbecue. While this isn't a table service or buffet offering, it is a private set of group seating and a very generous gesture on the part of Animal Kingdom management.

Our new schedule is meant to wrap around the day's existing events (Joe Rohde's Q&A session and the rededication ceremony) as well as offer a well rounded preview of what we have to offer for future events (though September will have much more).

Our sign in tables will be behind the park's security booths and we will start taking people as early as we are there (though we officially start at 7:00 am). While I can't tell you why, let me *strongly* recommend that you be there early/on time for the start of registration--you won't regret it.

So now, without further ado, I present our "essentially-final" schedule of events:

7:00 am - 8:15 am Registration (Tables located inside security checkpoint)
8:45 am Turnstiles Open
8:45 am - 9:00 am Rededication Ceremony (in front of Tree of Life)
9:15 am Entrance to Theater in the Wild for Special Event with Joe Rohde
9:45 am Special Event with Joe Rohde (Theater in the Wild)
11:30 am Finding Nemo: The Musical Group Show
12:30 pm Expedition Everest Group Ride
2:00 pm History Walk (meet in Dinoland, exact location announced at registration)
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Group Meal at Flame Tree Barbeque (Owl and Spider pavilions)
6:15 pm Presentation of Donation to DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project (same location as History Walk meeting location)
6:20 pm Group Photo (same location as History Walk meeting location)
7:30 pm Countdown to Fin (Dinosaur Last Ride of the Night Meet)

Please note this schedule is tentative and is subject to change!

Any questions, comments or concerns? Looking forward to seeing you all on April 22! :animwink:​

mpaul32001

I am still trying to convince my parents to let me skip school for the event. lol.

But, I will most likely be there if anyone wants to meet up! :wave:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Which I don't see on the schedule.:confused:
What time will that be happening?

For some reason that was left out when I pasted the earlier schedule. I have updated the front page of this thread as well as the schedule I posted on the previous page, but I am happy to post it again (now complete with Joe Rohde's talk):

2:00 pm History Walk (meet in Dinoland, exact location announced at registration)
6:15 pm Presentation of Donation to DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project
6:20 pm Group Photo (in Dinoland, same place as History Walk meeting location)

jasondiff

It's open to the public, similar to Marty's talk. Thus, anyone who wants to attend should make a beeline for Theater in the Wild immediately after the Rededication Ceremony.

wannabeBelle

Sorry I seem to be full of questions today!!! Will we have the same deal we did at EPCOT where we had sort of a fast pass entrance to the theatre? I am so excited!!!! Belle

jasondiff

Sorry I seem to be full of questions today!!! Will we have the same deal we did at EPCOT where we had sort of a fast pass entrance to the theatre? I am so excited!!!! Belle

We cannot confirm that. But I will echo Adam's earlier post that it would be in your best interest to get to registration early.

EpcotServo

Well, you don't have to worry about that as we ended up not doing the "experience" due to a lack of interest--which is fine with us in all regards! So, like before, Everest, Nemo and Dinosaur are all free and open to attend! :D

Yay! This sounds great. I can't wait to see Joe Rhode talk in person!
:D

And I love the Flame Tree arrangement. Means I can eat wherever I like and still be able to come back and hang out....or ride Everest some more while everybody else is eating.
:p

Also, like before, we need to make a pact...after the rededication...we all WALK together to get there in time for the show...no running and jabbing anybody with large pointy sticks to get a better seat...

brkgnews

Yay! This sounds great. I can't wait to see Joe Rhode talk in person!
:D

And I love the Flame Tree arrangement. Means I can eat wherever I like and still be able to come back and hang out....or ride Everest some more while everybody else is eating.
:p

Also, like before, we need to make a pact...after the rededication...we all WALK together to get there in time for the show...no running and jabbing anybody with large pointy sticks to get a better seat...
Then again, if all of us RUN together, and arm ourselves with said pointy sticks... :lookaroun

EpcotServo

Then again, if all of us RUN together, and arm ourselves with said pointy sticks... :lookaroun

HHMMMMMMM......Perhaps a tank made out of bamboo and garbage...

[youtube]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ls8mKdKYQV8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src=http://www.youtube.com/v/Ls8mKdKYQV8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
We've made a few more text-based tweaks to the schedule, so I figured I'd post the new, more updated one:

Oh, and I just say a proof of our schedules, and I can say that they are wonderful. Jackie has done a great job with the entire design, and I think all of our attendees will be truly impressed!

11 Days until A Wild Decade! And 3 days until registration for the World Wide Weekend begins! :D

brkgnews

Oh, and I just say a proof of our schedules, and I can say that they are wonderful. Jackie has done a great job with the entire design, and I think all of our attendees will be truly impressed!

Aw, shucks. :eek: Twarn't nuthin'. *looks down and shuffles feet*

Wait'll you see what I'm considering for the name tags. :lookaroun

jt04

We've made a few more text-based tweaks to the schedule, so I figured I'd post the new, more updated one:

11 Days until A Wild Decade! And 3 days until registration for the World Wide Weekend begins! :D

I hope you have arranged for someone to tape the events, especially Joe's presentation (if possible) so that those of us who can't attend might be able to enjoy it. Thanks for everthing you are doing. I plan to be at the 40th Anniversary so I hope you are still creating these events. Very good.

Matpez

I hope you have arranged for someone to tape the events, especially Joe's presentation (if possible) so that those of us who can't attend might be able to enjoy it. Thanks for everthing you are doing. I plan to be at the 40th Anniversary so I hope you are still creating these events. Very good.

We will video tape what we can...

that being said, we assume (Celebration 25 events come to mind) most of the stuff everyone will REALLY want to see, such as Joe's presentation, will be off limits to ANY recording devices.

:wave:

jt04

We will video tape what we can...

that being said, we assume (Celebration 25 events come to mind) most of the stuff everyone will REALLY want to see, such as Joe's presentation, will be off limits to ANY recording devices.

:wave:

Yes but a commemorative DVD would sell better with that included. Anyway, it will at least be fun hearing about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom