Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Hey there Adam, Will you guys be doing a mass mailing to all of the registered attendees at some point so everyone who signed up KNOWS that they are signed up and everything went thru? I recall you did that for C25 and as I recall it worked out pretty great!!! Just a suggestion......... Belle

We plan on sending out a mass email to all registered attendees a week-two weeks before registration closes just to make sure that everyone signs up before we shut it down. This time around, we won't be taking any late registrations or walk ups per Animal Kingdom management's request.

I will miss A Wild Decade by a week, but was glad to note back on page 1 that you seem to be hinting that there'll be a WDWC event for the Studios' 20th--that should coincide nicely with my usual "first week of May" trip, so I will start looking forward to it from now!!

p.s. Just ordered my C25 DVD...

I guess you will just have to wait until April 14th to see what we have next on our schedule... :animwink:

But, to quench your thirst, I will give a riddle.

This blue sky pavilion planned for Epcot's World Showcase was so well received, it was expanded to become the headlining attraction for which park? What did this attraction become? :zipit:

Lee

Adventurer
This blue sky pavilion planned for Epcot's World Showcase was so well received, it was expanded to become the headlining attraction for which park? What did this attraction become? :zipit:
Ooohhh....let me guess!:wave:
I'm gonna say......Mt. Prometheous and JttCotE at Disneysea.

EPCOT Explorer

I know that I won't be attending but can I answer the riddle?

EPCOT Center was originally going to have a Movies/Entertainment pavilion in Future World.The idea and plans for the ride became The Great Movie Ride which would eventually get it's own theme park-MGM Disney Studios!

:animwink:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Ooohhh....let me guess!:wave:
I'm gonna say......Mt. Prometheous and JttCotE at Disneysea.

Close... But I was leaning more towards Fire Mountain and its placement in the Wonderful World of Colorful Beastly Kingdomme of the Night.

I know that I won't be attending but can I answer the riddle?

EPCOT Center was originally going to have a Movies/Entertainment pavilion in Future World.The idea and plans for the ride became The Great Movie Ride which would eventually get it's own theme park-MGM Disney Studios!
:animwink:

EPCOT Explorer- 1 point!

Next question: Which iconic piece of Walt's history can be found [in scale] in Walt Disney World and in California (not inside of Disneyland-yet)? Name the location/venue and the WDW Park it is found in...

Adam, recycling SSE meet trivia? Tsk, tsk. :)

I couldn't resist... I'll come up with some trivia of my own starting with the above question...

I thought we copyrighted that stuff.....:confused:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

By eating the dreaded "nuggets" before/during/after the trivia contest, all copyright agreements were nullified as well as my intestines... :lol:

Just an update on our registration count, we now have 334 registered attendees!

EpcotServo

Exciting week....Toy Story Mania (perhaps), The Ventures at the F&G Festival, and Safaribration 10! (copyright EpcotServo 2008)

:lookaroun

:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Close... But I was leaning more towards Fire Mountain and its placement in the Wonderful World of Colorful Beastly Kingdomme of the Night.

EPCOT Explorer- 1 point!

Next question: Which iconic piece of Walt's history can be found [in scale] in Walt Disney World and in California (not inside of Disneyland-yet)? Name the location/venue and the WDW Park it is found in...

I couldn't resist... I'll come up with some trivia of my own starting with the above question...

By eating the dreaded "nuggets" before/during/after the trivia contest, all copyright agreements were nullified as well as my intestines... :lol:

Just an update on our registration count, we now have 334 registered attendees!

Yay!:D

Walt's personal history?

I'm gonna have to go with one one of the trains....Good question!

Lee

Adventurer
True...but the question stated that it was in World Showcase, not Future world.:lookaroun

jedimaster1227 said:
Ah...a technicality! Two children of the same parent, but I assumed you meant the one that was actually built.:shrug:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
WDWCelebrations Important Announcement:
Due to logistical constraints regarding Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park, the registration for "A Wild Decade" will be capped at 400 guests. As of today, we currently have 381 registered guests. If you are planning to attend "A Wild Decade" but have not yet registered, please do so soon! The registration form will be deactivated when we reach 400 guests.
If you previously registered for "A Wild Decade" and have now determined that you will not able to attend, please let us know by email so that we can remove your name and open your spot for someone else. To remove your registration, please send an email to info@wdwcelebrations.com with your name and the number of people registered in your party.
Thanks again for your support of our events! Please stay tuned for more information regarding the opening of registration for "World Wide Weekend", September 26-28, 2008.

~The WDWCelebrations Team~

This is a sad but truly important update which we do unfortunately have to make for A Wild Decade. Due to the constraints of the park itself as well as the request of the park's management, A Wild Decade will in fact be capped at 400 attendees. This means that no walk ups or late registrations will be allowed. While this is something we hate to have to do, it is a necessary evil required to be carried out in order to meet the requirements of the park's logistical constraints.

Please note that this is the only set cap we have ever made and we hope to never have to do so again, but to meet the Walt Disney Co. requests, we did have to make this decision.

Please remember to register if you plan on attending, as we are cutting down to the wire on registrations. We plan on having some more updates within the week, as well as a very special announcement regarding the future of WDWCelebrations events on April 14th. :animwink:

sillyspook13

Adam, please check your PM box. I need to know if I'm registered or not. I sent a message to you almost a week ago and never got a response.:wave:

Thanks!

brkgnews

Adam, please check your PM box. I need to know if I'm registered or not. I sent a message to you almost a week ago and never got a response.:wave:

Thanks!
I believe I remember seeing you on the list from back in the early days of registration, but I'm not certain.

Spyne

That's too bad it has to be capped at 400, but I can see why. Disney's Animal Kingdom can be tight in some spots I believe. But your on good terms with Disney, and don't want to spoil it, right Adam? :lol:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster

Thanks!

Marcia, I do apologize about my late response, but I do have you registered so you should be set! Glad to have you joining us!

That's too bad it has to be capped at 400, but I can see why. Disney's Animal Kingdom can be tight in some spots I believe. But your on good terms with Disney, and don't want to spoil it, right Adam? :lol:

Right! We've still got plenty of events to plan for WDW, so we need to stay on good terms with the company... :animwink:

EpcotServo

Bumpitty bump bump.

Hey, I got the group E-Mail and have to speak my mind...if you guys who are coughin' up $75 get a buffet, private seating and private entry for Expedition Everest...where does that leave us who don't pay up? I mean, what's the point of even being part of the group if some of the group will NOT be seeing the show/riding-the-ride (mostly) together?
:hammer:

Maybe I need to always just have an offshoot "Safaribration 10: Cheapskate Divison"
:lol:

brkgnews

The schedule is far from final... and I don't think there has been any decision (at least yet) of this being "in lieu of" the previously-planned (free) Everest and Nemo things. It might be "in addition to."

Adam can answer better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom