Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

brkgnews

Guys, what you're doing is great, and I really wish I could attend these, but sadly cannot.

One suggestion--maybe in the future unless the event is on the "Disney calendar" (like Epcot's 25th and AK's 10th...which had set anniversary dates), you should aim to have these events in the summer. It's tough for non-locals to attend when things aren't held over a 'traditional' break. I think attendance would increase, as those with kids and those who are "kids" (in school in some capacity) wouldn't have that roadblock (pulling kids out of school). It's easier to take time off work (for me at least) than to miss a week of class...
While I cannot reveal any information at this time (as Adam will hurt me), I can tell you that those concerns have been noted and addressed for potential future.... thingies. Our calendars don't just have April and September on them. ;)

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Guys, what you're doing is great, and I really wish I could attend these, but sadly cannot.

One suggestion--maybe in the future unless the event is on the "Disney calendar" (like Epcot's 25th and AK's 10th...which had set anniversary dates), you should aim to have these events in the summer. It's tough for non-locals to attend when things aren't held over a 'traditional' break. I think attendance would increase, as those with kids and those who are "kids" (in school in some capacity) wouldn't have that roadblock (pulling kids out of school). It's easier to take time off work (for me at least) than to miss a week of class...

As Jackie said, we can't give anything away this far out, but I can say that we do have your comments kept strongly in mind... A Wild Decade's date was chosen to correspond with the park's 10th anniversary and the World Wide Weekend was chosen due to its relative closeness to the Food and Wine Festival, NFFC, the Everest Challenge and some other events going on in that period of time. We have essentially decided the essential target for one of our 2009 events, which I can almost definitely say that it will address yours (and others') comments on the dot. :animwink:

While I cannot reveal any information at this time (as Adam will hurt me), I can tell you that those concerns have been noted and addressed for potential future.... thingies. Our calendars don't just have April and September on them. ;)

Now Jackie... I would never do such a thing as to hurt you... :animwink:

mitchk

That is not a problem at all! Though we wish you could stay for the whole event, all of our activities are optional and therefore, you won't be in trouble if you can't make it for some of the activities. That just means that the activities you do attend will be even more special... :animwink:

That's cool, Thanks, I'll see you there :wave:

Mr.EPCOT

I actually checked on the possibility, but unfortunately, that area is now considered off-limits by management, so we will have to stay away from that all-too-tempting path...

I just found the thought of 300+ Disney nerds crowding that tiny path to be very amusing. I have to say, though, that's silly about management, there's no way that will stop me if want to enjoy it.

Philo

Does that mean the hidden path is no longer a path? I was looking forward to finding that one - I've always managed to miss it before. any hints would be great! Even better, I'll be there on the 22nd so if anyone wants to be my tourguide...

Mr.EPCOT

Does that mean the hidden path is no longer a path? I was looking forward to finding that one - I've always managed to miss it before. any hints would be great! Even better, I'll be there on the 22nd so if anyone wants to be my tourguide...

It's still there, it just sounds like management now frowns on anyone exploring it. It starts in the smoking area on the pathway between Africa and Asia. It's a little overgrown, so you really have to keep your eyes peeled.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster

It's still there, it just sounds like management now frowns on anyone exploring it. It starts in the smoking area on the pathway between Africa and Asia. It's a little overgrown, so you really have to keep your eyes peeled.

It is still there, and you can look at the entrance but it is technically considered off stage now, and when I asked management about it, they said it was off limits to our group as well as others. It was intentionally flooded a few years ago.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
:eek:

That's weird, I know I've been on it sometime within the past year or so.

Its flooded "technically." You can walk it, but the streams are a little high above the stones to cross without getting your shoes wet. If you can accept a little water on the feet, its feasible to cross, but technically it is considered an off stage area and is therefore out of bounds (by management's standards).

Figment82

Since I will be working on the 22nd, I won't be able to make the majority of the festivities, but I am hoping to get over to the park by at least 6 so I can spend a couple hours to celebrate. By then I fear the main events will be over, but hopefully I can at least make the Dinosaur meet and see everyone!

Now I can't remember if I signed up or not... :lookaroun

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I can't remember if I signed up, so I just did again...

I personally CANNOT WAIT! :sohappy:

We have your earlier registration all locked in. Glad to have you joining us Matt! :wave:

Since I will be working on the 22nd, I won't be able to make the majority of the festivities, but I am hoping to get over to the park by at least 6 so I can spend a couple hours to celebrate. By then I fear the main events will be over, but hopefully I can at least make the Dinosaur meet and see everyone!

Now I can't remember if I signed up or not... :lookaroun

Jessica, we do have your registration as well. Just let me know (sometime the week before AWD) and I'll see about holding your lanyard and badge for you so you can at least walk away with something from the day. Its the least I can do for the first official guest to sign in at Celebration 25! :animwink:

wannabeBelle

Hey there Adam, Will you guys be doing a mass mailing to all of the registered attendees at some point so everyone who signed up KNOWS that they are signed up and everything went thru? I recall you did that for C25 and as I recall it worked out pretty great!!! Just a suggestion......... Belle

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I will miss A Wild Decade by a week, but was glad to note back on page 1 that you seem to be hinting that there'll be a WDWC event for the Studios' 20th--that should coincide nicely with my usual "first week of May" trip, so I will start looking forward to it from now!!

p.s. Just ordered my C25 DVD...

Figment82

Jessica, we do have your registration as well. Just let me know (sometime the week before AWD) and I'll see about holding your lanyard and badge for you so you can at least walk away with something from the day. Its the least I can do for the first official guest to sign in at Celebration 25! :animwink:

Aw, thanks! That would really be great. I'm so bummed that this special day will be in the middle of the week, but what can you do? I will definitely contact you a little bit before the event to let you know my plans but I will try to be at the park by 6 (traffic on I-4 permitting!). I appreciate it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom