Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

Matpez

Yes but a commemorative DVD would sell better with that included. Anyway, it will at least be fun hearing about it.

Well, sure. If we had a DVD that included the Marty Sklar session I'm sure it wouldn't have been available for long and we would have really hurt our relationship with Disney.

The decision is not ours to make and I for one am not going to lose my chance to attend Joe's session (or Marty's) because I tried to sneak a video camera in.

:)

ZapperZ

I will miss attending this event by a few days (flying in to WDW on May 1st). I hope the euphoria that we had from Celebration 25 event will continue with this one, and I wish everyone attending it a wonderful, magical time. I am certainly looking forward to hearing all the reports, pictures, and videos.

Zz.

jasondiff

Based on the precedent with Marty Sklar's talk that no recording was permitted, I am assuming the same will be the case with Joe Rohde's talk. Suffice it to say that we will not be videotaping nor releasing anything without Disney's express permission to do so.

Mr.EPCOT

Okay, so I got the e-mail yesterday, everything is looking awesome! Great idea, guys, about the text message notifications!

I do have a question concerning the group meal. As I understand it, we just wait in line like normal to purchase and pick up our food, and then walk over into the appropriate pavilion. If that is the case, is there anything stopping us from picking up food, say at Yak 'n' Yeti, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, etc., and bringing it over to Flame Tree? I want to eat with everybody, but am somewhat impartial to the food at Flame Tree. If it is something more of a special arrangement, though, say you pay in line and then the food is served to you in the pavilion or something like that, than I am more than happy to eat there. But if it's more or less just getting counter-service like usual, my friend and I might pick something up elsewhere. Just wanted to know if that's okay.

Whew! Now that I got all that out, who wants to eat with us? :D

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Okay, so I got the e-mail yesterday, everything is looking awesome! Great idea, guys, about the text message notifications!

I do have a question concerning the group meal. As I understand it, we just wait in line like normal to purchase and pick up our food, and then walk over into the appropriate pavilion. If that is the case, is there anything stopping us from picking up food, say at Yak 'n' Yeti, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, etc., and bringing it over to Flame Tree? I want to eat with everybody, but am somewhat impartial to the food at Flame Tree. If it is something more of a special arrangement, though, say you pay in line and then the food is served to you in the pavilion or something like that, than I am more than happy to eat there. But if it's more or less just getting counter-service like usual, my friend and I might pick something up elsewhere. Just wanted to know if that's okay.

Whew! Now that I got all that out, who wants to eat with us? :D

With the group meal, we will have the pavilions reserved for us. What you bring and where you bring it from is entirely up to you, though we do need everyone to be at the pavilions on time. We have very limited sessions in a very limited span of time, plus the parade will likely be happening at that time, so whatever you decide to do, just make sure you have enough time to get your food and be at the entrance of the pavilions at the time you choose at registration. The meal will be a pay-on-your-own deal with the current counter-service menu offered to our attendees. The kitchen is staying open for an extra half hour to accomodate for the group, so we do recommend sticking to Flame Tree, but you don't have any obligations except to be at the pavilion at the start of your session.

As for who wants to eat with who, the core team of WDWCelebrations will almost definitly be at all three sessions.

brkgnews

Anyone who signed up and checks in can get into the Joe session right?

As far as I understand it, the Joe Rohde session is open to all park attendees that day... not just our group. But as with the Marty Sklar sessions at EPCOT, they're limited by venue size.

We are advising our group members to check in with us as soon as possible that day.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Yes. I personally plan to eat at all three sessions myself. :lookaroun

With ribs that taste as good as they do at Flame Tree, you may not be alone... :slurp::ROFLOL::slurp:

Anyone who signed up and checks in can get into the Joe session right?

The Joe Rohde session is an open event to all guests that day. Though, I wonder why everyone keeps strongly recommending that we get there early for registration... :animwink:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster

:eek: What did I say? :lol:

Though this isn't directly related to A Wild Decade, we have opened registration for the first World Wide Weekend, taking place from September 25th through the 28th, 2008. Registration for the event overall is free, though we do offer a premium registration which will have multiple (very exciting) perks include in your $10 payment. We aren't able to release details on what that includes *just* yet, though we should have it up soon--though I can promise that you'll find this new form of attendance exciting.
http://www.wdwcelebrations.com/world-wide-weekend/world-wide-weekend-registration.html

We now have over 80 people registered to attend the World Wide Weekend, so it seems we are off to a great start!

Now back to our regularly scheduled A Wild Decade update. As you know, we have finalized our event schedule and all activities to be included-even our surprises...

On the front of giveaways, I can say that Jackie has really stolen the spotlight for the event, with a matching set of schedules and badges that will make your jaw drop--mine is still on the floor while I type. He has the entire shipment of the schedules in hand. A little farther South, I have two giants boxes of wonderful WDWCelebrations branded lanyards for the event to be given out on Tuesday.

Just a reminder regarding attendees of the event that want to stay up to date if we make any last minute changes to our schedule (a la pushing back a meet like we had to do at Celebration 25), we now offer a live updates feature so that you can have any updates of the day sent via text directly to your cell phone. Standard text messaging rates apply: http://www.wdwcelebrations.com/a-wild-decade/awd-live-event-updates.html.

To reduce the need to go thread-hunting after A Wild Decade, we ask that you keep your post-event trip reports (at least the event related ones, photos and all) here on this thread, so that we can have a one-stop location for the event, inception thru reflections.

We look forward to Tuesday, and celebrating A Wild Decade of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park with you! :wave:

EpcotServo

On the front of giveaways, I can say that Jackie has really stolen the spotlight for the event, with a matching set of schedules and badges that will make your jaw drop--mine is still on the floor while I type. He has the entire shipment of the schedules in hand. A little farther South, I have two giants boxes of wonderful WDWCelebrations branded lanyards for the event to be given out on Tuesday.

:sohappy:
Clap for lanyards!

EPCOTCenterLover

I'll be here in Colorado, wishing I was there celebrating. Sigh. So, I'll listen to some music, look at pics, and post a small tribute on my blog to this great park instead. Thank, in advance, for everyone who posts pics and descriptions of the day's events.
Thank you , Disney, for a great park. May the next decade be even better!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, I wish I was with you all on Tuesday. I still think about last October each and every day. Shoot lots of video, take lots of photos, and have a great time!

Hopefully some of you can tell me all about it in July ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Enjoy it everyone - I`ll be thinking of you all. I`m off work tomorrow so I`ll be keeping tabs on any posts :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
At studios now.
All is well here.
Epcot earlier. Busy. Ellen down and no Mezzo Mix at Club Cool.
All systems go for tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom