Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Here is an update for this week...

We now have 180 registered attendees for A Wild Decade.

We have also hammered out more details (really exciting details, may I add) for our next two events, some of which, we plan on announcing at A Wild Decade.

After next week, one of my biggest surprises for this event should be finalized... :animwink:

EpcotServo

Here is an update for this week...

We now have 180 registered attendees for A Wild Decade.

We have also hammered out more details (really exciting details, may I add) for our next two events, some of which, we plan on announcing at A Wild Decade.

After next week, one of my biggest surprises for this event should be finalized... :animwink:

if you keep mentioning all these great surprises, soon we won't be surprised that there are surprises!
:lol:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Well, time for another update...

Our current attendee count is up to 220 which is good news. We are currently in the process of updating our schedule to "accomodate" for a few changes in the park's schedule as well as our own. We should be releasing that information soon... We've added a few extra perks for our guests of the event that I think will really make this event unique.

As for the progress of our other upcoming events, we now have two definite dates/times locked in, both of which will be formally announced at A Wild Decade. The first of course is our September Event, which, by the closure of our registration on April 14th, you will know the official name as well as the first tentative schedule, including some of our exploratory "addons" that we have been so thoroughly working on. The other event, which I will leave you guessing on will have its name, date and location announced as well, with possible information to go with it.

Our greatest news for the week is a lovely mention in the Orlando Sentinel (both print and online) which I will finish with:

Epcot celebrants organize, plan for Disney's Animal Kingdom
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/02/epcot-celebrant.html

The Walt Disney World fans who helped spur the company into holding a 25th anniversary celebration for Epcot last fall are at it again, organizing as a nonprofit charity organization and setting sights on a 10th anniversary celebration for Disney’s Animal Kingdom, April 22.

The organization, now calling itself WDWcelebrations.com after its new website, is organized in part by 17-year-old Dr. Phillips high school student Adam Roth, along with several veteran Disney World observers, including Tom Corless and John Corigliano, Jason Diffendal and Jackie Steele. The group first formed last year as "Celebration 25," an ad-hoc organization that arranged a fans’ celebration for Epcot’s silver anniversary. (A few of them are shown gathering, at left, with Jim MacPhee, Walt Disney World vice president for Epcot.)
In addition to the Animal Kingdom 10th anniversary fete which the group is calling "A Wild Decade," a second event is being planned for September, and that one is intended as an annual gathering, said Roth, the group’s spokesman.
He said Disney is planning an Animal Kingdom park rededication for the morning of April 22, which is also Earth Day. WDWcelebration activities will coordinate with that.​

"We are seeking full approval of everything we do from the Walt Disney Co., much like we did with Celebration 25," Roth said.

I'll be back soon with another update as the next few weeks will be bringing some "exciting" new developments for WDWCelebrations! :animwink:

NewfieFan

Wow Adam! I got to say, I don't know you but you are quite an accomplished young man! I really enjoyed watching Celebration 25 unfold (I wasn't able to attend) but I was so proud just reading the threads about it and looking at everyone's pics! I wish you all the success with WDWCelebrations and I hope "A Wild Decade" is just as successful (or more) as your last event! Great job to everyone involved!!!

So what is this "September thing" - I'm going 16-26th!?!

*Well, I just went back and reread some posts and I found the dates which you stated were the 26th - 28th! Dang, Dang, Dang, how could I miss something like this by one day - arggggggg!!!*

brkgnews

Wow. I'm a "Veteran Disney World Observer?" :D

By the way - in case you're wondering, the EPCOT 25 scrapbook hasn't fallen into a large chasm. Its in production and should be out soon. ish. :lookaroun A few sample pages are up at wdwcelebrations.com

Spyne

Wow, that's amazing Adam. You guys at WDWCelebrations are soaring really high as your own brand. :D It's too bad I won't be there for A Wild Decade or the event in September (I am at WDW in September but before the event takes place). But rest assured, I'll be there for an event in the future! :)

EpcotServo

Wow. I'm a "Veteran Disney World Observer?" :D

By the way - in case you're wondering, the EPCOT 25 scrapbook hasn't fallen into a large chasm. Its in production and should be out soon. ish. :lookaroun A few sample pages are up at wdwcelebrations.com

Oh, that's good. I was going to form an intensive search & rescue operation when Lassie said that the scrapbook was trapped in a well.

brkgnews

FYI... there were 4,109 photos submitted. They're comfortably occupying 10.4 gigs of space on my hard drive.

Luckily jmaxwell agreed to help out on the page assembly to keep me from going crazy.

Especially since I'm also working on a special project for the Animal Kingdom Event. :lookaroun

You can trust me. I'm a "veteran Disney World observer." :ROFLOL:

Spyne

Kind of odd there are only two DAK 10th pins listed there. I thought there would of been more than that. Maybe there will be in the days and weeks to come, no? :shrug:

brkgnews

Kind of odd there are only two DAK 10th pins listed there. I thought there would of been more than that. Maybe there will be in the days and weeks to come, no? :shrug:
Probably. Those are just the AP and a single generic pin. There will most assuredly be a DVC pin, a Disney Visa pin, and some other open-editions. Probably will also see a "jumbo" pin, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom