Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

t3techcom18

w00t!! I would LOVE to go again. Adam and all of y'alls involved did a FANTASTIC job with C25 last year. Most fun time I've had at the parks and I would love to do it again. I would have to do the whole skipping school routine again, (and hopefully this time I'll be lucky...last time was a miracle that my parents even allowed it) but I think it'll be definitely worth it in the end. The obstacles are a little tougher to get around this time with how I have a Comp Theater class I'm in that's gunna be presenting a touring show for children around that time, but I'll see how the schedule will go.

Btw, I was thinking since you said you guys hit a bump in the road with the Yak and Yeti dinner meet - Why not Boma at AKL next door? It's great food, great variety, and it's relatively cheap (if they haven't upped the prices since I last went :lookaroun) and it still keeps in the theme with the whole being for AK?

Anybody's thoughts on that?

wannabeBelle

Here is my update for today: We now have 95 registered attendees set to attend. Talks have resumed with Animal Kingdom management, and I am working out several plans to essentially get us the same perks and permissions we had for Celebration 25--and it is looking very good! We have one person confirmed to visit us, (which I think you all will enjoy) as well as at least two others that may surprise our attendees.

We have hit a minor bump in our plans for our Yak and Yeti group meal, due to the restaurant's popularity and our group's size. Because of this, we are unable to reserve a meal time there, so now we are looking at the [few] other options we have at Animal Kingdom, and if necessary, in the immediate vicinity.

We will have many exciting and new announcements coming soon, so keep posted. And, to answer someone's question earlier about future events--as of yesterday we have at least one (if not more) landmark date scheduled for every year until 2012... :animwink: (We will let you all investigate the possibilities...)

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh very nice!!! Any hints as to who our surprise guest could be?? Belle

Matpez

Btw, I was thinking since you said you guys hit a bump in the road with the Yak and Yeti dinner meet - Why not Boma at AKL next door?
Anybody's thoughts on that?

It isn't great for a big group... not Boma itself, but the aspects of doing it.
Everyone trying to leave to go to the lodge, considering AK may not be open very late, it could take quite a bit of time to do. Plus, it's a buffet, so imagine arrive there to get in line at the same time as 150 other people!

I think staying at AK would benefit the group, but creating a 45 minute longer wait for Flame Tree (than it typically already has) would also be a big time waster.

EpcotServo

There's always my favorite place to go: The Outback Steakhouse right outside Animal Kingdom.

That place is pretty much my version of "Cheers"
:lol:

(And that one, I'd glady attend! I would also suggest that whatever you guys do, you could do AFTER the park closes.)

pacochran

Just read thru the thread, wish I was going to be there, but won't be back to the World till December.

AK is my favorite park.

t3techcom18

Well, I also just thought up of possibly the Tusker House, and I know for a fact that'll fit all of us, but like Matpez said before, it's a buffet, and would sorta be awkward having more than 150 come in at the same time, haha. At least there's breathing room there than in Boma. I was also gunna suggest Jiko's, but I REALLY doubt anyone would want to do that. It's too $$$$ for lots of folks, and, while I love it, may be too exotic for some. I think definitely a situation where the fact that AK doesn't have many table service places has really hit, haha.

Worst comes worst I think probably just a place outside the park after closing, or possibly maybe switch it from being a dinner to a luncheon instead. We could possibly be over at one of the resorts, maybe Ohana's to keep the festive and adventurous air going, but that'll be a bit of a challenge to squeeze us all in, hehe.

I'll try and post of some other locales that come to mind later.

PS- I just wanted to clarify that if anyone thought when I said I wanted to skip school for C25 and for the AK celebration, it IS with parents permission, no actual running off, haha. :lol:

Foolish1

Here is my update for today: We have one person confirmed to visit us, (which I think you all will enjoy) as well as at least two others that may surprise our attendees.

We have hit a minor bump in our plans for our Yak and Yeti group meal, due to the restaurant's popularity and our group's size. Because of this, we are unable to reserve a meal time there, so now we are looking at the [few] other options we have at Animal Kingdom, and if necessary, in the immediate vicinity.

We will have many exciting and new announcements coming soon, so keep posted. And, to answer someone's question earlier about future events--as of yesterday we have at least one (if not more) landmark date scheduled for every year until 2012... :animwink: (We will let you all investigate the possibilities...)

Let's see, the one person must be Joe Rohde. Hopefully Marty comes back. Unfortunately I could not attend C25, but I have talked with Marty before, and he's a great guy.

Restaurants, hmmm... world's biggest McDonald's is near by. (I will duck and cover now.)

Let's see, we know DAK for 2008, DHS for 2009, I kind of assume 2010 would be either Blizzard Beach or Downtown Disney. 2011 would have to be Magic Kingdom. How could 2011 be anything else? I'm stumped by 2012, though. Epcot's 30th? Seems too obvious.

jasondiff

Just an update for "A Wild Decade" - we now have 105 registered attendees! We're working on the schedule as we speak and hope to have another update out in a week or so!

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Let's see, the one person must be Joe Rohde. Hopefully Marty comes back. Unfortunately I could not attend C25, but I have talked with Marty before, and he's a great guy.

Restaurants, hmmm... world's biggest McDonald's is near by. (I will duck and cover now.)

Let's see, we know DAK for 2008, DHS for 2009, I kind of assume 2010 would be either Blizzard Beach or Downtown Disney. 2011 would have to be Magic Kingdom. How could 2011 be anything else? I'm stumped by 2012, though. Epcot's 30th? Seems too obvious.

As for Rohde, I can't promise anything, but we are working on a few big names on that level of familiarity with Disney fans...

I'm still leaving you all to guess on the future, we will announce our next event (to take place after our Signature September Event) at the end of/after A Wild Decade.

wannabeBelle

Hey Adam or any of the C25 staff, I could swear I saw it but what is the registration date cutoff for the Animal Kingdom event? Belle

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Hey Adam or any of the C25 staff, I could swear I saw it but what is the registration date cutoff for the Animal Kingdom event? Belle

We actually haven't set a date yet to cap off our registration, but tentatively we are thinking of cutting it 1-2 weeks before the event. We will most likely decide that date within the next few days. :wave:

So to update everyone, we now have 149 registered attendees set to attend A Wild Decade. We are working on some exciting new activities for this event, as well as planning for our future events. We have decided that we will announce our next new event at the end of A Wild Decade (so our attendees will actually get the first bit of information on that front, followed by a more formal announcement afterwards).

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I am skimming the water (pun intended) to see the potential interest/demographic for a group DiveQuest tour at Epcot (by far the best dive I have ever done) for our Signature Event in September... I've thought up a couple of unique ways to "see" the parks in a different light for our signature event... :animwink:

That sounds interesting....I have my certification. Will keep a watch out for September.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Thank you Adam!!! Belle

Not a problem! We should have more of our information out for everyone soon!

That sounds interesting....I have my certification. Will keep a watch out for September.

Good to hear. We'll probably have this idea finalized by the time we announce details about our September event (which we should have a preview for those that attend A Wild Decade)!

Including Lee hisownself.
Looking forward to it.:wave:

Glad to have you joining us again Lee! I can confirm that your registration has gone through without problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom