Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

EPCOT.nut

WOW this meet is really getting close! It seemed kind of far away a while ago and I wasn't sure I could go, but now I can go, and I can't remember if I registered or if I was waiting to see if I could really go. :eek: :lol:

Adam, can you check and see if I am registered? (Shannon Holtz)

:eek: Sorry...!

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I finally registered! Who Hoo!

What is the count now?

Any idea on a schedule?

:wave:

Well, thanks to you Matt, we now have 250 registered attendees (you were the 250th)!

As for our schedule, we are finalizing several "special" details which we need to wrap the rest of the event around, but we will be announcing the final schedule once all of those details are finalized, so that we may send our schedule to print.

WOW this meet is really getting close! It seemed kind of far away a while ago and I wasn't sure I could go, but now I can go, and I can't remember if I registered or if I was waiting to see if I could really go. :eek: :lol:

Adam, can you check and see if I am registered? (Shannon Holtz)

:eek: Sorry...!

I swore you had registered earlier on, but I don't seem to have you on my latest roster, so go ahead and register again (or for the first time), and if by any chance you had registered before and I missed it, our form will make sure that we don't have any duplicates.

Glad to have you joining us Shannon!:wave:

Yes, so as posted before, we now have 250 registered attendees! We've been quite busy working on our event, including the design of our lanyards, name badges, as well as putting our first (most basic) version of our promised Fan Meet Calendar.

We are finalizing our schedule as we speak, but I can say that what you saw on our tentative schedule (at least content-wise) is basically what our event will contain. We have to reschedule several of our meets to accomodate for our history walk, our surprise as well as our hopeful alternative to the group meal at Yak and Yeti, which unfortunately was unavailable for a group of our size (or a group of 25+ for that matter).

In sticking with the Earth Day/Go Green theme of Animal Kingdom's 10th, you will see some of our efforts for this event's planning carry the theme as well. While I can't tell you anything on that front yet, I can tell you that management was pretty happy to hear that we were "going green" for the event... :animwink:

WDWNT

Hey guys, what is this all about???

http://www.wdwcelebrations.com/world-wide-weekend.html

Seems interesting, whats in the works for this thing??? I'm interested.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I'm not at liberty to say. :drevil: Do I hear $20? :lookaroun

Jackie... You'll just have to wait until April 14th to start your talks of potential Perisphere History Walks and such... :animwink:

This week's update brings some more subtle news, but it is exciting (and it leads up to my next update)... We now have 285 registered attendees set to attend A Wild Decade. We are in the process of creating our final schedule for the event, finalizing our to-be-signature lanyard designs as well as our new and improved schedule prints to be given on the day of the event. We are awaiting final details from the company (most likely to be delivered early this week) about the 10th anniversary activities so that we may weave them into our own schedule, and then we'll be set. Alot of our efforts have been directed over the last two weeks towards wrapping up the loose ends on A Wild Decade as we are now only 44 days away. We will also be releasing preliminary information on the World Wide Weekend (including a tentative schedule, listings for pay-to-attend events and more exciting surprises-though again, all A Wild Decade attendees will get the chance to hear about our upcoming event in more depth on April 22). That will be quite a weekend from what I can already tell you-with plenty of surprises and one-of-a-kind opportunities that will be unforgetable.

jasondiff

Just wanted to pop in here and post about "World Wide Weekend", our Signature Event coming up in September. We have set up a brief questionnaire for you to let us know what kinds of special exclusive events you might be interested in. (Read this as "here's what we're thinking about, let us know if you'd want to participate").

Here's the direct link, which is also available on our homepage:

http://www.wdwcelebrations.com/register/index.php?sid=42892

Thanks!

Crazy4WDW1

I wish Tim and I could attend A Wild Decade with all of you! However, we will definitely be attending the World Wide Weekend! Hmmm . . . I wonder what kind of hat I should get us for this trip??? :ROFLOL:

Mr.EPCOT

I am super-excited about A Wild Decade! If there is anything I regret about October 1st, it's that my Monorail brethren and I didn't spend more time with all of you! Unfortunately, I don't think most of them are going this time, (and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know anything existed outside of the Monorail system :lol:) but I'll be there and can't wait to get to know all of you better!

I do have one tiny question about the event, but please don't take it as criticism, I absolutely love everything you guys are doing to plan these things. I was just curious as to the apparent lack of a Kilimanjaro Safaris group ride. I'm sure I'm not the only one in thinking that it is the quintessential Animal Kingdom attraction, and it'd be awesome to have jeeps going out full of hardcore Disney fans! I'm assuming you guys have thought of this, I was just curious about it.

Also, may I suggest starting a new thread for World Wide Weekend?

jasondiff

I am super-excited about A Wild Decade! If there is anything I regret about October 1st, it's that my Monorail brethren and I didn't spend more time with all of you! Unfortunately, I don't think most of them are going this time, (and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't know anything existed outside of the Monorail system :lol:) but I'll be there and can't wait to get to know all of you better!

I do have one tiny question about the event, but please don't take it as criticism, I absolutely love everything you guys are doing to plan these things. I was just curious as to the apparent lack of a Kilimanjaro Safaris group ride. I'm sure I'm not the only one in thinking that it is the quintessential Animal Kingdom attraction, and it'd be awesome to have jeeps going out full of hardcore Disney fans! I'm assuming you guys have thought of this, I was just curious about it.

Although we don't have KS on the schedule for A Wild Decade, I think I can leak out just a little bit of information, that if you plan to join us for World Wide Weekend, you won't be disappointed.

brkgnews

Keep in mind that we're not only working our schedule into what works logistically from Disney's viewpoint (trying to minimize the impact to day guests who are NOT part of our group), but that we're also working around anything special that the park may be planning that day, as well. :zipit:

wannabeBelle

Keep in mind that we're not only working our schedule into what works logistically from Disney's viewpoint (trying to minimize the impact to day guests who are NOT part of our group), but that we're also working around anything special that the park may be planning that day, as well. :zipit:

Good deal!!!!! Belle

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I wish Tim and I could attend A Wild Decade with all of you! However, we will definitely be attending the World Wide Weekend! Hmmm . . . I wonder what kind of hat I should get us for this trip??? :ROFLOL:

You, Tim and your wonderful hats will be there in spirit! I can't wait to see what you both have in mind for color when it comes to the World Wide Weekend! :wave:

Also, may I suggest starting a new thread for World Wide Weekend?

Glad to have you joining us Matt! :wave: Logistically, Kilimanjaro Safaris won't be able to support a group ride for us on April 22 (at least from what we are projecting). Mind you, as Jason and Jackie hinted at, we will be returning to Animal Kingdom for the World Wide Weekend, and we have some interesting plans in store for that park as well as the others during the event.... :animwink:

As for a World Wide Weekend thread, we will boot that up once we get registration open around April 14th...

Finally registered.

Glad to have you joining us again Jim! :wave:

Although we don't have KS on the schedule for A Wild Decade, I think I can leak out just a little bit of information, that if you plan to join us for World Wide Weekend, you won't be disappointed.

*Taking Jason out behind the fence, ready to pull the trigger...* :lol:
Really though, when planning our events we look at the logistics of every activity, and so does WDW Management, so we have to be very careful about what we do for our events. The World Wide Weekend will be our most unique event to date as it will offer many different opportunities to get an experience that we have carved out with the help of the company just for our guests. Many of the things we are working to make happen have not been done for groups like ours (and in some cases, in any groups) before.

If there is something you don't find on our schedule for A Wild Decade or the schedule for the World Wide Weekend (when it is released), don't worry, because we have events lined up at least through 2010. We will be announcing our next Commemorative Event at the end of A Wild Decade (titled, potential activities and more).

See you guys on April 22nd :wave:

Looking forward to it! :wave:

Oh, and by the way... We now have 304 registered attendees!

And for EpcotServo I read: "The thousand nations of the Disney empire descend upon you!" "This is madness! This is Disney!"

mitchk

My only concern is that I won't be there for the whole event. I'm flying into Disney on the 16th, and leaving on the 22nd at 8:30pm. I'll be there for the start of the event, but I'll have to leave by 5:00 to catch my plane home :cry: Is that OK?

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
My only concern is that I won't be there for the whole event. I'm flying into Disney on the 16th, and leaving on the 22nd at 8:30pm. I'll be there for the start of the event, but I'll have to leave by 5:00 to catch my plane home :cry: Is that OK?

That is not a problem at all! Though we wish you could stay for the whole event, all of our activities are optional and therefore, you won't be in trouble if you can't make it for some of the activities. That just means that the activities you do attend will be even more special... :animwink:

WDWFigment

Guys, what you're doing is great, and I really wish I could attend these, but sadly cannot.

One suggestion--maybe in the future unless the event is on the "Disney calendar" (like Epcot's 25th and AK's 10th...which had set anniversary dates), you should aim to have these events in the summer. It's tough for non-locals to attend when things aren't held over a 'traditional' break. I think attendance would increase, as those with kids and those who are "kids" (in school in some capacity) wouldn't have that roadblock (pulling kids out of school). It's easier to take time off work (for me at least) than to miss a week of class...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom