Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I already gave him my congrats since I spoke to him before he left to go back to the hospital, but this officially ends our first ever Baby Watch.

Again Jason, congradulations on this new addition to your wonderful family--may she grow up to be your other Disney Daughter so you all can down to see me more often since getting over to Pennsylvania seems to be a little difficult for me these days... :animwink:

imamouse

Just popping in here real quick to announce the birth of my new daughter, Lindsay Marie, 7 lbs 12 ozs, 19 inches, at 7:04 pm tonight. Everyone is doing great. Now gotta get back to the hospital!
Thanks again to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts!

Jason - Congratulations to you and your wife on the arrival of your little princess. Best wishes to you all :wave:.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I am both open water and advanced scuba certified, but I haven't been down since April 2006. What's up?

I am skimming the water (pun intended) to see the potential interest/demographic for a group DiveQuest tour at Epcot (by far the best dive I have ever done) for our Signature Event in September... I've thought up a couple of unique ways to "see" the parks in a different light for our signature event... :animwink:

EPCOT.nut

I am skimming the water (pun intended) to see the potential interest/demographic for a group DiveQuest tour at Epcot (by far the best dive I have ever done) for our Signature Event in September... I've thought up a couple of unique ways to "see" the parks in a different light for our signature event... :animwink:

:eek:

Nooooooooooooooooo.

:lol:

What about Behind the Seeds or something dry?

Then again, Celebration 25 easn't exactly dry....:D...I see a theme here...

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
:eek:

Nooooooooooooooooo.

:lol:

What about Behind the Seeds or something dry?

Then again, Celebration 25 easn't exactly dry....:D...I see a theme here...

We are looking at a variety of tour options, but that is a bit of a ways off.

Just to go with the wet theme, I will mention an odd similarity that the Orlando Attractions Magazine seemed to notice in their article about the 25th anniversary. It rained on October 1st, 2007 much like it did on October 1st, 1982. Coincidence?

wannabeBelle

Hey there Adam, I Am not dive certified although the dive does sound cool!! What about a Land and Sea thing?? Have whomever is certified do the dive and the rest of us landlubbers do a backstage tour in EPCOT? Belle

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Hey there Adam, I Am not dive certified although the dive does sound cool!! What about a Land and Sea thing?? Have whomever is certified do the dive and the rest of us landlubbers do a backstage tour in EPCOT? Belle

Interesting concept Marie! I'm adding that to our core team's idea board as we speak! :wave:

kennygman

Just to go with the wet theme, I will mention an odd similarity that the Orlando Attractions Magazine seemed to notice in their article about the 25th anniversary. It rained on October 1st, 2007 much like it did on October 1st, 1982. Coincidence?

I love the intial copy of attractionsmagazine. Ricky did a great job with it and I became a subscriber.

brkgnews

Now Adam... surely you remember my boring lecture on the rainy coincidences back during C25. It was all I talked about (in the short period of time when I finally shut the heck up about trylons and perispheres :lookaroun). Go hit up the YouTube of the EPCOT dedication show with Danny Kaye and you'll see in his nighttime intro that it was POURING during dedication ceremonies at World Showcase. Charlie Ridgway mentions it in his book and how the attendees were absolutely soaked to the bone, but still were so delighted that they were dancing around, singing, and marching along in their rain gear.

Sound familiar? :D

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Now Adam... surely you remember my boring lecture on the rainy coincidences back during C25. It was all I talked about (in the short period of time when I finally shut the heck up about trylons and perispheres :lookaroun). Go hit up the YouTube of the EPCOT dedication show with Danny Kaye and you'll see in his nighttime intro that it was POURING during dedication ceremonies at World Showcase. Charlie Ridgway mentions it in his book and how the attendees were absolutely soaked to the bone, but still were so delighted that they were dancing around, singing, and marching along in their rain gear.

Sound familiar? :D

"The 20th Century's here. Its time for the dream to come true! This glorious figment of one man's imagination. It started a long time ago... It continued to flower and grow..."

Such a catchy tune!

jasondiff

The divequest meet sounds cool - we can have it coincide with a "Seas with Nemo" meet for everyone else so we non-divers can all watch!

By the way, if anyone is interested in pictures of Lindsay Marie, I've posted some on my website: check out www.jasonandangel.com/baby.

wannabeBelle

I Am so glad that I Am alone right now. I Am making all kinds of baby sounds at the computer screen!!!!!! Jason she is just precious!!!!! Best of luck!!! I hope to see her at one of the meets!!! Belle

imamouse

Jason ~ Thanks for the photos of Lindsay and the rest of your family. Caitlin looks thrilled with her new baby sister - sooooo cute together. Best wishes to Angel for a speedy recovery.

I'm going to start noticing the time stamps on your posts - I bet some will be in the wee hours ;).

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Here is my update for today: We now have 95 registered attendees set to attend. Talks have resumed with Animal Kingdom management, and I am working out several plans to essentially get us the same perks and permissions we had for Celebration 25--and it is looking very good! We have one person confirmed to visit us, (which I think you all will enjoy) as well as at least two others that may surprise our attendees.

We have hit a minor bump in our plans for our Yak and Yeti group meal, due to the restaurant's popularity and our group's size. Because of this, we are unable to reserve a meal time there, so now we are looking at the [few] other options we have at Animal Kingdom, and if necessary, in the immediate vicinity.

We will have many exciting and new announcements coming soon, so keep posted. And, to answer someone's question earlier about future events--as of yesterday we have at least one (if not more) landmark date scheduled for every year until 2012... :animwink: (We will let you all investigate the possibilities...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom