American Pavilion in Epcot is a Joke

tracyandalex

while i agree that AA and the voices of liberty are great, i do think the pavilion could be "plused" as disney likes to say. imho the food and shopping could be easily improved. maybe add something to occupy the time between show times to keep folks around for the next show

Blackie Pueblo

I hear what a lot of you are saying and I agree with you, both for and against. The American Adventure I think is really the focal point isn't it to showcase America? Still the best show ever. I honestly think every American should see this show. I'd even argue it should be shown to those immigrants wanting to become Americans. Talk about showing what it means to be an American and having pride.

And I have to agree with the cheap shirts. But I do love the fact that they at least sell books about America and American Heroes. Why can't they sell Jerseys with some of the great American Athletes? That way they can showcase all the American loved sports?

"I get red, white, and blue, at times."
---Walter Elias Disney

Uponastar

I agree about the lack of really good food in the American pavilion, and I like the idea of barbecue. That would be real American cuisine!
I think the whole area could use some additional ambiance. Here in Philadelphia, in our historical area, we have characters such as Ben Franklin, out chatting with the public and posing for pics. Maybe something like that would add to the experience.
Sure it could use some tweaking, but would I call it a joke? No way.
I love the American Adventure show...it always gets me teary, as do the Voices of Liberty. I look forward to both on every trip. It never gets old for either me or my husband. And I think the American Gardens Theater is in a pretty setting and offers some nice entertainment. I find it all to be a pleasant, if somewhat simple, experience.
When we're walking around the World Showcase and we get to America...it feels like home.

yankspy

I agree about the lack of really good food in the American pavilion, and I like the idea of barbecue. That would be real American cuisine!
I think the whole area could use some additional ambiance. Here in Philadelphia, in our historical area, we have characters such as Ben Franklin, out chatting with the public and posing for pics. Maybe something like that would add to the experience.
Sure it could use some tweaking, but would I call it a joke? No way.
I love the American Adventure show...it always gets me teary, as do the Voices of Liberty. I look forward to both on every trip. It never gets old for either me or my husband. And I think the American Gardens Theater is in a pretty setting and offers some nice entertainment. I find it all to be a pleasant, if somewhat simple, experience.
When we're walking around the World Showcase and we get to America...it feels like home.
I agree about the barbecue. It might also be nice to have a wandering Franklin or Washington. I also think that they could perhaps fit a few historical artifacts in the foyer of the pavillion. I am sure that the Smithsonian or other museums would be willing to lend a few things since most of their stuff sits in storage. You could even rotate artifacts on a quarterly basis so that people could see different things on different trips.

jedimaster1227

Gonna have to disagree with all of you....AA is by FAR the most captivating show in WS. (save ROE)

It is WDI's crowning achievement if you ask me.

Agreed! Not only is the show beautifully arranged and composed, but it is a technical marvel. The system used to operate the show is considerably complex, even now--how they built it 26 years ago is completely beyond me.

smk

Now that thread is bumped up agian......how about authentic Philly cheese steak for a food item? :slurp:, New England clam chowder, sourdough bread from San Fransico, BBQ from Memphis, chili from Texas, roasted corn from the midwest, cajun food from New Orleans. Sounds a lot like the food and wine festival stuff but I think they should have that sampling all year round.

Uponastar

Now that thread is bumped up agian......how about authentic Philly cheese steak for a food item? :slurp:, New England clam chowder, sourdough bread from San Fransico, BBQ from Memphis, chili from Texas, roasted corn from the midwest, cajun food from New Orleans. Sounds a lot like the food and wine festival stuff but I think they should have that sampling all year round.

Doesn't sound too far-fetched to me.
A sampling of the country's favorite comfort foods.
It would probably be my favorite place to eat. :D

imagineer boy

Yes, the American Adventure show is simply spectacular. One of the best shows with animatronics Disney has ever made.

However, I do agree that it needs more.

I love the ideas of having walk-around characters of Ben Franklin and Washington and others. That would be terriffic.

For the resteraunt, it could be rethemed to be a colonial tavern (and be a sit-down resteraunt) and maybe it could serve just a bit of everything.

slappy magoo

We could at least add some class to it. How about transplanting Carnegie Deli in NYC down there? With a to-die-for hot pastrami sandwich. How about a Philly cheesesteak place? A decent po-boy? Shoot, anything Cajuin (maybe some fried gator?). How about period-type food from the Revolution? Williamsburg taverns do a bang-up job on that.
Class? Carnegie Deli? That joint's had more health violations than Dennis Rodman's "area." :lol:

epcotWSC

Yum! I like this idea

Don't forget Buffalo wings from, well... Buffalo.

Ilovewishes

The USA pavilion is actually one of the pavilions that I'm most jealous of when we go to WS. But I always figure they are the hosts so they get the most! I always thought old Blighty was terribly neglected and horribly stereotyped!

I mean, we have an entire shop dedicated to tea?! And the only other things that define us as a nation are knights and the Beatles? We don't even have a proper show/attraction!

However, one thing in our pavilion's defence, I think it is the prettiest and it does the best fish & chips found on property!!:D

EPCOT Explorer

:sohappy:

Agree 100%. It is a masterpiece in many ways.

Agreed! Not only is the show beautifully arranged and composed, but it is a technical marvel. The system used to operate the show is considerably complex, even now--how they built it 26 years ago is completely beyond me.

Thank you!:wave:

Now they gotta work on updating it...The last AA scene is WWII. A lot has happened since then.;) Do you think they have enough room to put another set in there before the montage?

epcotWSC

The USA pavilion is actually one of the pavilions that I'm most jealous of when we go to WS. But I always figure they are the hosts so they get the most! I always thought old Blighty was terribly neglected and horribly stereotyped!

I mean, we have an entire shop dedicated to tea?! And the only other things that define us as a nation are knights and the Beatles? We don't even have a proper show/attraction!

However, one thing in our pavilion's defence, I think it is the prettiest and it does the best fish & chips found on property!!:D

You guys have a pub with the best beers in the park (especially since the US pavilion doesn't have any of our wonderful microbrews), I think you win :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom