American Pavilion in Epcot is a Joke

tare

Every where else in disney is american food with a ton of sit down restaurants--try some of those places!!!

sublimesting

The USA pavilion is actually one of the pavilions that I'm most jealous of when we go to WS. But I always figure they are the hosts so they get the most! I always thought old Blighty was terribly neglected and horribly stereotyped!

I mean, we have an entire shop dedicated to tea?! And the only other things that define us as a nation are knights and the Beatles? We don't even have a proper show/attraction!

However, one thing in our pavilion's defence, I think it is the prettiest and it does the best fish & chips found on property!!:D

I disagree. The England pavilion is way better than the American. Ours is boring, and the only time I ever saw the show was this year...as it always looked boring. It's a fun show but.... I feel it is way too bombastic and over-the-top! I think the show exemplifies the attitude that we have that is off putting to the rest of the world, which is: YAY America, we're #1, we're #1! The England pavilion is charming and has more than tea and knights. England has so many of Disney's cool stories too such as Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. And you have a lot of soccer stuff there too. Let's face it, too you guys do love tea, is that not true? You could use a show though, more than most nations.

I have a question for you: How do you feel about the American Revolution? Is it a big part of your history or just a footnote? We watched the fireworks on the 4th with a girl from England a few years ago and she asked what all the fireworks were for? We told her it was Independence Day and she looked confused and then said "Oh, you mean the rebellion...that's like a page in our history books."

MMFanCipher

I totally disagree. I love the American Adventure Show. It is a pavilion
about our country. Aren't we allowed to say "YEA America, we're #1, we're #1!" at it?

CThaddeus

I disagree. The England pavilion is way better than the American. Ours is boring, and the only time I ever saw the show was this year...as it always looked boring. It's a fun show but.... I feel it is way too bombastic and over-the-top! I think the show exemplifies the attitude that we have that is off putting to the rest of the world, which is: YAY America, we're #1, we're #1! The England pavilion is charming and has more than tea and knights. England has so many of Disney's cool stories too such as Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. And you have a lot of soccer stuff there too. Let's face it, too you guys do love tea, is that not true? You could use a show though, more than most nations.

I have a question for you: How do you feel about the American Revolution? Is it a big part of your history or just a footnote? We watched the fireworks on the 4th with a girl from England a few years ago and she asked what all the fireworks were for? We told her it was Independence Day and she looked confused and then said "Oh, you mean the rebellion...that's like a page in our history books."

For me, the real problem has always been that they did go completely over the top with The American Adventure, while most of the other countries got much smaller Circle-Vision movies or boat rides, and some didn't even get that. I know it was based on who was willing to pony up the money and all, but it seems incredibly lopsided to have this MEGA E-Ticket for a country you're already IN, while neighbors Italy, Germany, Japan, and Morocco all got diddly-squat. They've all got so much more history than the US, yet the youngest country received the most spectacular show. I would love to see a UK Adventure, Italy Adventure, or even just Meet the World in Japan. Tell me something about somewhere I don't know, Disney!

Yensid_Robert9

Well I must say that I agree with a lot of what I'm reading on this thread except for a few major ideas that have been posted. All having to do with the topic of football......oh, excuse me, "soccer"

First of all I totally 100% agree that David Beckham shirts, kits, jerseys, whatever you wanna call them don't necessarily belong in the American Pavillion. He is a major footballer who signed an unbelievable contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy of the MLS, however he is still a representative of England. As for the OP's point of Becks playing only a few games due to injury....... He just finished his second season with the Galaxy, and though he was out most of his FIRST season due to injury, this past season he missed only a few games due to international call-ups, suspension, and minor injuries, he still played nearly every match!

Why not have some jerseys for Landon Donovan or Tim Howard. Some of you may be saying who is he talking about??? Believe me, these are huge names in the U.S. as well as around the world especially Europe, and guess what! They're American!!! So as for the other poster who had the audacity to say that "soccer means nothing to anyone in the U.S. over 12" Please don't be so ignorant to think you're including all Americans. I'm 20 years old and nearly all of my friends and family as well, love or at least admire the beautiful game. Also it's probably the fastest growing sport in our great country with supporters and interest getting larger by the day.

:brick:
Thank you!
End of rant

ChrisFL

Premium Member
For me, the real problem has always been that they did go completely over the top with The American Adventure, while most of the other countries got much smaller Circle-Vision movies or boat rides, and some didn't even get that. I know it was based on who was willing to pony up the money and all, but it seems incredibly lopsided to have this MEGA E-Ticket for a country you're already IN, while neighbors Italy, Germany, Japan, and Morocco all got diddly-squat. They've all got so much more history than the US, yet the youngest country received the most spectacular show. I would love to see a UK Adventure, Italy Adventure, or even just Meet the World in Japan. Tell me something about somewhere I don't know, Disney!

Well it's important to note that those other pavilions WERE going to have major rides or movies but budget cuts and other issues (Available space) caused what we see today.

Japan, Germany and Italy were all supposed to have attractions in them.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well I must say that I agree with a lot of what I'm reading on this thread except for a few major ideas that have been posted. All having to do with the topic of football......oh, excuse me, "soccer"

First of all I totally 100% agree that David Beckham shirts, kits, jerseys, whatever you wanna call them don't necessarily belong in the American Pavillion. He is a major footballer who signed an unbelievable contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy of the MLS, however he is still a representative of England. As for the OP's point of Becks playing only a few games due to injury....... He just finished his second season with the Galaxy, and though he was out most of his FIRST season due to injury, this past season he missed only a few games due to international call-ups, suspension, and minor injuries, he still played nearly every match!

Why not have some jerseys for Landon Donovan or Tim Howard. Some of you may be saying who is he talking about??? Believe me, these are huge names in the U.S. as well as around the world especially Europe, and guess what! They're American!!! So as for the other poster who had the audacity to say that "soccer means nothing to anyone in the U.S. over 12" Please don't be so ignorant to think you're including all Americans. I'm 20 years old and nearly all of my friends and family as well, love or at least admire the beautiful game. Also it's probably the fastest growing sport in our great country with supporters and interest getting larger by the day.

:brick:
Thank you!
End of rant

DaMarcus Beasley, Maurice Edu both playing for the worlds most successful club side, and Her Majesty's team.

Ilovewishes

Yes, we do love tea, but we also drink coffee and beer and wine and soft drinks. It wasn't Britain that invented tea. It was actually India. We just drink it. However, if they want to do justice to tea, they have to make it part of a clotted cream tea. I'm sure my British counterparts will agree with that! A soft scone, smothered in jam and clotted cream with a cup of tea! It's what summer afternoons are all about!

As for the American Revolution, as a 24 year old English girl, I can honestly say that it doesn't even register. We were never taught about it at school (we were too busy learning about our numerous monarchs) and it doesn't really register here at all. However, 4 July always makes me very jealous of how patriotic you guys are and how proud you are of where you come from. I love my country and wouldn't swap it for the world, but I just wish we were allowed to celebrate our Britishness a bit more without people screaming that it's racist

DisneyMusician2

Yes, we do love tea, but we also drink coffee and beer and wine and soft drinks. It wasn't Britain that invented tea. It was actually India. We just drink it. However, if they want to do justice to tea, they have to make it part of a clotted cream tea. I'm sure my British counterparts will agree with that! A soft scone, smothered in jam and clotted cream with a cup of tea! It's what summer afternoons are all about!

As for the American Revolution, as a 24 year old English girl, I can honestly say that it doesn't even register. We were never taught about it at school (we were too busy learning about our numerous monarchs) and it doesn't really register here at all. However, 4 July always makes me very jealous of how patriotic you guys are and how proud you are of where you come from. I love my country and wouldn't swap it for the world, but I just wish we were allowed to celebrate our Britishness a bit more without people screaming that it's racist

Interesting. I actually wish sometimes that Americans would take off the red white and blue colored glasses and see that we have things in this country that need changing as well. I think sometimes we spend too long being patriotic and not enough time actually fixing problems we have as a society.

Back on topic, I like the AA. I think it is the most elaborate of the WS shows and represents who we are in a positive light. And the food service doesn't bother me, there are plenty of places to get 'American' fare that aren't the world showcase.

melflip8

Where else can you see two American figures shake hands?!! :eek: Its so simple but for some reason you never see it done anywhere else by any other anamatronic figures. Does anybody know what I'm talking about...Ben and Mark shaking hands at the end?

Oh and the other thing I LOVE about the American pavillion is the secret anniversary phone. One of the best touches ever. :D

CountryBear

England's Fish and Chips are Awesome! The American Adventure has sold all kinds of stuff...the Becham jerseys are just a fad. I remember they were selling motorcycle stuff a few years back when American Chopper was popular. If you think about it its very American make the most..... out of whats popular.

plaz10

i think the beckham jerseys are just a statement that he no longer plays in Britain but in the US.

Soccer (or futbol) is the #1 sport in the world.
I'm sure that the Beckham jerseys were originally sold in Britain
when he moved to the US they moved the jerseys. I think this is just a nice Disney touch that they keep up to date with which players play in which countries. If he moved back to England, i'm sure his jersey would move too. I agree that some other sports figures should be mentioned but I think if Beckham's jerseys werent there...there would be no sports figures jerseys at all. It is just a bit of detail that he has changed teams.

i don't think it's such a bad thing to have his jersey there anyway...it is one of the top selling jerseys in America...where FOOTball is the #1 sport! haha

burninup4nick

I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!

10 of 11 Pavillions in World Showcase are amazing and the 11th one (being AMERICA) is really boring.

I agree with you about the food...the food served in the American pavillion is the same stuff you can get at electric umbrella in Future World...not to mention most other places in WDW...why dont we have a nice sit down restaurant?

all in all its pretty boring and doesnt really show what America is....

and there are so many people from other countries that come to WDW that you would think they would want to do something amazing for our pavillion to really show what America is....

and you're very right the stuff you can buy in the stores is very much like stuff you can buy in Wal Mart! wow...what a thrill!

AGAIN...

I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY
and Ive thought about this many times.....so thank you for posting about it!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom