American Pavilion in Epcot is a Joke

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
(just kidding, all in good fun and we love all those Euros and Pounds) :sohappy:

and the canuckbuck... and the currency of any country other than the US at this point :ROFLOL:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
and the canuckbuck... and the currency of any country other than the US at this point :ROFLOL:
Makes my trip in four weeks that much less expensive... I like your President. :lookaroun

:lol:

disney4life2008

I always skip the American country. It is by far boring and a waste of time. I think there is so much more that could be shown to introduce America to World Showcase. The food counter is ok but what kind of TS could go there? Really nothing, it would compete against the other countries.

Hrudey3032

I love this show and the song at the end "Golden Dream" is a huge favorite of mine.I enjoy seeing lots of people I admire in those few minutes of music.Bob Hope,Johnny Carson,1980 US Hockey team,Jim Henson,Ryan White,the war vets,Alex Haley,and so many more. I guess we all have our opinion but this show is a must see for me everytime I go.

Phonedave

First, the American Adventure is one of my favorites.

Now, for what I think is the problem with America (the EPCOT showcase, not the country)

It's a combination of two things.

One, it is set a lot farther back than the other countries. When you walk past other countries you are almost walking in them. In America you have to walk to the back to get to the attraction.

Second, it is, for the most part, all "timed" attractions. In other countries there are things to look at and do such as shops, displays, or walk through exhibits. In the American pavillion you have to wait for a show to start.

I think that kills a lot of the "drop in" traffic.

-dave

wvdisneyfamily

I love the American Adventure. It never fails to make my eyes misty. The Voices of Liberty are also wonderful. The Liberty Inn is okay as far as counter services go. I wish that rumor about some classier counter service dishes had transpired. I am in agreement that we need a nice table service. It is quite a shame that our country is not better represented. I also dislike the lack of merchandise. However, to call the entire thing a joke is a bit harsh.

kimmychad

If the Americain Pavillion is a joke, think about the Canadian Pavillion... The way the dress and the things they show/sells, people think that everyone in canada are lumberjack's and sells beaver fur... LOL!!!! :) :ROFLOL:

Can't wait to be in orlando.. !! 2 more days!

you mean they stopped? :lol::lol:

wdwCC

They should change the restaurant into a full out BBQ joint. Eat with your hands. Chicken, pork, beef, beans, slaw and corn on the cobb served on paper plates with rolls of paper towels on the tables.

*now I'm hungry.....off to get some BBQ*

While I don't mind the food that's there, I like that idea. But I agree Voices of Liberty and American Advernture need to stay!

epcotWSC

My experiences of the American Pavilion... Buy a Sam Adams, then ask to about the show... Just started? Have to wait forever? Ok, good-bye, onto the next country.

I still think they should add a Russian Pavilion or something of that nature, but oh well.

World Showcase is probably my favorite part of all the parks (I could spend all day there) and it is quite sad that the American Pavilion is so lacking, but then again, so is the Canadian one. Luckily there are 9 other countries to enjoy :).

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, The AA is lacking as far as overall sights. Still, the show itself is wonderful, if a bit long, but is by far the most creative of the films in WS, and does the best job of representing the country.

However, after that, yeah the pavilion is lacking. It is definitely in my bottom three as far as WS pavilions go, right next to Germany and Italy for worse pavilions status.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom