American Idol!

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
wow...tonight was appauling. I thought that everyone did lousy jobs and in a way, it was a waste of my hour.

Katherine was in no way close to Christina, Chris does need to do something a little different, Mandisa's was a mess to me, Kelly was nowhere near good enough, Ace and Lisa were awful, even Tayor wasn't outstanding (but as with others I did understand why he chose the song he did...he didn't want to be seen as the drunk guy at the wedding anymore).

I think of the night Paris and Elliott did the best. I liked Paris singing Work It Out and I didn't think that Elliott's version of the song was bad at all. He actually did something different with it to make it his own.

As to who gets voted off tomorrow, I think it's going to be a crapshoot.

Tonight's badness was all attributed to one thing...and that was song choice. I agree that these people had thousands of songs to choose from and these were the songs they picked? I thought they all picked horrible songs to sing for the 21st century. I agree with Simon (I think) who said that this was an important week and song choice is sort of key because by singing songs of the 21st century, they are essentially showing us, the audience, how well they'd do against others currently in the music field.

I feel let down. :(

BRER STITCH

I'll wait til the West Coast gets to watch it tonite before posting my thoughts, but even at 1 hour, tonight's show seemed really long!

dr_teeth90210

Tonight's show wasn't all that great but there was a couple of stand out performances.

Top 3 Performances Tonight

#1- Elliot Yamin- IMHO, this has been his best performance yet. It's nice to see Elliot due a song with such energy. Good song choice!
#2- Katharine Mcphee- She did a great job with her Christina song. I just hope she starts to mix it up in the upcoming weeks and chooses something a little more uptempo.
#3- Taylor Hicks- I really dug Taylor's song. The vocal range was there but I sadly missed his Hicks-isms.

My Bottom 3 Performances Tonight

#1- Bucky Covington- Ughhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
#2- Lisa Tucker- Mediocre imitation of Kelly Clarkson= Lisa's ticket home
#3- Ace Young- If his song wasn't craptacular enough, he had to showoff his lame chest scar.

Same Old Song and Dance

Mandisa and Chris are becoming entirely too predictable with their song choices.

Hottest Idol Tonight

Kelly was looking hot tonight!!! Less make-up and less clothes will surely make me a Pickler fan.

Worst Dressed

Tie between Katharine and Paris.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
DDuckFan130 said:
Someone should have done *NSYNC....Justin Timberlake?

Anyone?

:lookaroun
I thought that too. I was like "oh 21st century" perfect opportunity for Ace to do a Justin Timberlake song. The voices are kind of similar" but alas, no. Disappointment. :(

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Am I the only one who thought that Katherine was craptastic tonight? She sounded really off and no where near the greatness of Christina!

DDuckFan130

nibblesandbits said:
Am I the only one who thought that Katherine was craptastic tonight? She sounded really off and no where near the greatness of Christina!
She tried to sound like Christina and did not succeed.

imagineer boy

Whoo boy, tonite was awful. Everyone was bad in his or her own way.

Chris just did the same old, same old. His screaming hard rock noise stuff is really getting old. I agree with Simon, he needs to show a different side.

Pickler was just okay, but nothing too great. She looked nice though.

Ace is starting to scare me about as much as the creepy smile guy from the top 24. His song choice was horrific, and then he shows us his chest scar?!:hurl:

Elliot, well, I don't know what to say about him. I agree with Simon, his arrangement of "I don't wanna be" ( one of my favourite songs on the Season 4 CD by Bo Bice ) was rather bad. His vocals were okay though.

Taylor was just plain boring.

Kathrine McPhee was probably one of the best of the night, but still nothing great.

Lisa Tucker.... god, what are we gonna do with her? She's been blowing it week after week after week. She really has a good voice, but she's blowing it! This performane may be her ticket home.

Bucky was a little better. It was nice to see him returning to his country roots, but he still wasn't great.

Paris was just alright. Randy is fauning over her because he's big fan of soul music. Personally, it didn't do too much for me.

Mandisa was a mess. I don't know if it was her, or the band, but the whole thing just came across as a huge din of noise. Mandisa could do so much better than this.

Gosh, after tonite, I don't care who goes.:lol: The theme is what really brought everyone down. Music of the 21st century? Ha. Almost every thing that has come out of the music industry for the last couple years has been complete crap. Not a single band or singer has made a song that has rocked the nation like Elvis, The Beatles, or Micheal Jackson did. Its sad really.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
Gosh, after tonite, I don't care who goes.:lol: The theme is what really brought everyone down. Music of the 21st century? Ha. Almost every thing that has come out of the music industry for the last couple years has been complete crap. Not a single band or singer has made a song that has rocked the nation like Elvis, The Beatles, or Micheal Jackson did. Its sad really.
You're right...I don't think more true words have been spoken in a long time. There has been no one near the greatness of Elvis, The Beatles, or Michael Jackson in recent...and I don't know how long it will be before we have somebody with that magnitude of greatness again.

I think the record industry has made it very hard for someone to achieve that kind of greatness ever again.

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
You're right...I don't think more true words have been spoken in a long time. There has been no one near the greatness of Elvis, The Beatles, or Michael Jackson in recent...and I don't know how long it will be before we have somebody with that magnitude of greatness again.

I think the record industry has made it very hard for someone to achieve that kind of greatness ever again.
And that is why I listen to country music and worship George Strait.
george_strait2_GI.jpg

Debbie

Judging from what I've read here; maybe missing the show last nite, wasn't a bad thing? I didn't get to see one performance.

Uponastar

What was that last night?!
Talk about bad song choices!
I'm a big fan of Eliot and thought he did a good vocal, but I'm still waiting for him to do something big. (No dancing!)
I kinda liked Paris. She was okay.
Everyone else was very predictable and equally forgettable.
Going home tonight? Probably Lisa.

MouseMadness

Last night sucked, I totally agree, but what was with the "self indulgent" bullcrap from Simon? :veryconfu I think the bug that had lodged itself firmly up his a$$ has taken a wife and had babies. :brick: :lol: :lookaroun

Can we get rid of 3 or 4 this week? :lookaroun (Bucky, Kelly, and Ace)

Nemo14

MouseMadness said:
Last night sucked, I totally agree, but what was with the "self indulgent" bullcrap from Simon? :veryconfu I think the bug that had lodged itself firmly up his a$$ has taken a wife and had babies. :brick: :lol: :lookaroun

I was thinking the same thing last night - we still have to sit through how many more weeks before all these losers are gone?!!!!!

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:

Can we just cut to the final two :lookaroun

I think Ryan S grew out of Simon's a$$ :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom