American Idol!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
i hope Kelly gives up the dumb thing soon. I like Bucky too but i dont think hes going to be around much longer bc he has a limited range outside of country music. There is nothing wrong with country music but i dont think American Idol needs another country wonderboy/girl after Carrie and Bo. Might as well name it Country Idol at this rate.... I think Bucky will get some kind of deal outside of AI tho. I am 100% indifferent about Katherine or Paris. I dont think id care one way or another if they left the competition. Mandisa, on the other hand needs to win this thing. Its about time they change things up for a while. Go Mandisa. :sohappy:

GenerationX

This week's theme is "Music of the 21st Century", which is a breath of fresh air after weeks of oldies. Any predictions or desires as to what anyone will be singing? I'd love to see Katharine tackle "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence, Chris sing "In the End" by Linkin Park, and Ace just get off my TV.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Oooh....Music of the 21st Century. Its about time. I was starting to really get into a time warp there... I think someone is definetly going to hit up the Dixie Chicks this week. I think Chris doing In The End would be great. I wonder if anyone is going to take on Mariah Carey? Should be an intersting week. Can't wait for Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

dr_teeth90210

The judges love to promote how original and innovative Chris is, when in fact, he's just doing a cover of a cover song .:brick:

Chris = monotone :(

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to understand also. There is certainly nothing fake about Katharine.
Sorry about spelling your name wrong Michael...I was in a bit of a hurry... :lol:

I don't know exactly what it is. It's very hard for me to put my finger on what is fake about her. If I had to try to explain, I think it's the fact that she isn't very humble about her abilities. To me she seems very full of herself and the fact that she knows she can sing. And that bothers me.

I probably didn't explain my dislike for her all that well, but that's as close as I can explain it.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Computer Magic said:
maybe something by "Live".
lmao. :lol: Too bad he's already 'been there, done that.' :hammer: The only thing original about his singing on Tuesday was that it had never been sung on that stage before. To quote a post I saw on another American Idol board...Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style back.

CaptainMichael

Computer Magic said:
3 songs down and no one impressed me :(
Yep

Taylor: Make that four!
Mandisa: Make that five!
Chris: I've kind of had enough of this screaming rock stuff...(I'm in agreeance with Mr. Cowell)
Katharine: Katharine...why?
Bucky: Ummmm..NO!!!
Paris: and ya'll thought Katharine was full of herself...(again in agreeance with Mr. Cowell)
Elliot: appalling, Chris should have sung this.

Bottom 3:
Lisa, Bucky, Ace

Computer Magic

and Ryan is really becoming an a$$.

He trying to be a critic. I think the American Top 40, E! tonight and American Bandstand wannbe has gone to his head.

Lil'mermaid

STR8FAN2005 said:
Edit: I've kind of had enough of this screaming rock stuff...(I'm in agreeance with Mr. Cowell)
Edit: Katharine...why?

I guess music like what Chris seems to do is a bit of an acquired taste. I liked it a lot, and I'd but his CD.

I'm still not liking Katherine...at all.

DDuckFan130

I agree Chris needs to do something slightly different (perhaps a power ballad to keep it in the rock genre?) as should Mandisa. I liked that Taylor didn't "perform" the song as much as sing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom