American Idol!

MouseMadness

OMG SHERMAN LMAO :lol:

I forgot to add to my list of those I'd like to go, Lisa :lol: She WILL be the one going, I believe. Awful awful awful!! Even my kids could hear it. But is it just me, or does their back up band kinda stink? :veryconfu

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:
OMG SHERMAN LMAO :lol:

I forgot to add to my list of those I'd like to go, Lisa :lol: She WILL be the one going, I believe. Awful awful awful!! Even my kids could hear it. But is it just me, or does their back up band kinda stink? :veryconfu
It's funny how Kelly Clarkson didn't want her music played on Idol. Somthing changed cuz there was her song.

Now everyone sees why Kelly didn't want her song on Idol. :brick: It was butchered

hcswingfield

We have our TV hooked up to our stereo system, and so we hear the music on really good speakers. It does help all the singers a lot to hear them this way. Nobody really blew me away last night, and nobody was really awful in my opinion, but I thought Lisa was boring and a little off key (the high notes were painful - Simon was right). I thought Taylor, Paris and Elliott did some of their better work, and Chris did some of his worst. Katharine and Mandisa were good, but have been better. Kelly, Ace and Bucky were just OK, nothing special. Taylor does look better in dressier clothes, and Katherine's top was too short-waisted for her long torso, and looked wrong on her. Kelly's hair looked a lot healthier. Elliott's looks are definitely improved by the goatee. Mandisa should never go onstage in blue jeans, and if she does, should make sure there is never a camera behind her. Ace should leave his hat on once it has mashed his hair down. His "hat-hair" looked awful. And showing us his scar while he was singing? Bad idea!!!! If I forgot anyone, it's because they were forgettable.

CaptainMichael

Computer Magic said:
It's funny how Kelly Clarkson didn't want her music played on Idol. Somthing changed cuz there was her song.

Now everyone sees why Kelly didn't want her song on Idol. :brick: It was butchered
That was all a big misunderstanding. I was thinking that Kellie Pickler probably should have sung "Since U Been Gone" again last night because that is the song that got her into this.

Uponastar

hcswingfield said:
We have our TV hooked up to our stereo system, and so we hear the music on really good speakers. It does help all the singers a lot to hear them this way. Nobody really blew me away last night, and nobody was really awful in my opinion, but I thought Lisa was boring and a little off key (the high notes were painful - Simon was right). I thought Taylor, Paris and Elliott did some of their better work, and Chris did some of his worst. Katharine and Mandisa were good, but have been better. Kelly, Ace and Bucky were just OK, nothing special. Taylor does look better in dressier clothes, and Katherine's top was too short-waisted for her long torso, and looked wrong on her. Kelly's hair looked a lot healthier. Elliott's looks are definitely improved by the goatee. Mandisa should never go onstage in blue jeans, and if she does, should make sure there is never a camera behind her. Ace should leave his hat on once it has mashed his hair down. His "hat-hair" looked awful. And showing us his scar while he was singing? Bad idea!!!! If I forgot anyone, it's because they were forgettable.

You are very specific! :lol:
And I agree with every single thing you said!

Simon was right about at least one thing last night:
Chris is gonna have to broaden his appeal. He's good at what he does, but he's gonna have to try something new, or voters may get bored.

Computer Magic

STR8FAN2005 said:
That was all a big misunderstanding. I was thinking that Kellie Pickler probably should have sung "Since U Been Gone" again last night because that is the song that got her into this.
oh yeah a misundstanding :rolleyes: .....in other words....Kelly didn't want any bad press

BRER STITCH

I never expected it to get worse before it gets better....
BUT IT DID!!! :eek:

Aliens will look back on this show in the future and come to one conclusion: The music made between 2000 and 2006 must have really blown!!! :lol:

The BAD:

LISA - no power behind that voice, missed all the highnotes, generally flat!
KELLIE - She should have just read the lyrics...she didn't do much actual singing.
ACE - So ...this is his "rock edge" that he proclaimed would come out last night? Way too whiny sounding and completely missed the emotion of the song.
KATHERINE - Her voice is so far from being pleaseing to me that I cannot even critique her fairly. IT started awful and off key and didn't improve much beyond that. I think this is a case where SIMON is going to have to listen to it again at home and realize how far off his praise of her was! P.S. Anyone noticed how she butchered Chirstina Aguilara's name every time she said it?? :lol:
BUCKY - He simply cannot sing. May be related to one of the producers.

GOOD....BUT NOT GREAT:

TAYLOR - He sang "Trouble" last night, and he is "in trouble" if he doesn't imrpove his TV performances fast! This is my last "pitty pass" for him!
MANDISA - Terrible song choice. Not sure what she was thinking, but shouldn't she have at least picked a popular song that showcased her vocals?
Just OK....nothing more!
CHRIS - Every song sounds the same. Getting OLD!
PARIS - Sounded OK....the song was TERRIBLE!!!
ELLIOTT - Sounded great, but why do these guys insits on dressing like slobs????? Props for the goatee making his face look fuller!

GOING HOME TONIGHT:

ACE OR LISA

:wave:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
BRER STITCH said:
KATHERINE - Her voice is so far from being pleaseing to me that I cannot even critique her fairly. IT started awful and off key and didn't improve much beyond that. I think this is a case where SIMON is going to have to listen to it again at home and realize how far off his praise of her was! P.S. Anyone noticed how she butchered Chirstina Aguilara's name every time she said it?? :lol:

Thank you! Finally some one agrees with me (with passion! :lol: ) on the horrendous job that Katherine did last night.

(Oh and thanks Katie for agreeing with me too! :wave: )

BRER STITCH

OF INTEREST TO AMERICAN IDOL FANS....

I saw this and had to share, because I think Paula has officially "lost it"!!! :p

=========================================

'American Idol' producers considered firing judge Paula Abdul

By Steve Rogers, 03/27/2006

What's an American Idol season without a report that Paula Abdul's job might be in jeopardy?

Although Fox declined to comment on the report, American Idol producers, frustrated by her ongoing erratic behavior, reportedly considered firing the Idol judge earlier this month.

According to a story in Us Weekly's April 3 issue, in addition to her bizarre on-camera behavior that Idol viewers have seen this season, Paula has been "very difficult" behind the scenes of Idol's latest edition, with a source telling the magazine that she has been "crying all the time and arriving late for meetings."

The producers' frustration reportedly came to a head on March 3, when Paula visited a doctor for "dehydration and exhaustion" and the producers began considering approaching two other former reality TV stars to take her place: Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears. "[The] producers liked Jessica a lot," the source told Us, "and some were pushing for Britney."

Although Fox declined to comment on the report, Paula's representative denied all the allegations about Paula's behavior. "Paula is always a joy on the set and everyone loves her. If they were looking at Britney or Jessica, that's news to me."

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
Thank you! Finally some one agrees with me (with passion! :lol: ) on the horrendous job that Katherine did last night.

(Oh and thanks Katie for agreeing with me too! :wave: )
Heck, I didn't even like it. Sometimes you have to wonder what goes through their minds when they pick these crappy songs! I would make sure to pick very carefully.

If Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson replace Paula, I will stop watching. Why downgrade?

Fantasmic!329

imagineer boy said:
Whoo boy, tonite was awful. Everyone was bad in his or her own way.

Chris just did the same old, same old. His screaming hard rock noise stuff is really getting old. I agree with Simon, he needs to show a different side.

Pickler was just okay, but nothing too great. She looked nice though.

Ace is starting to scare me about as much as the creepy smile guy from the top 24. His song choice was horrific, and then he shows us his chest scar?!:hurl:

Elliot, well, I don't know what to say about him. I agree with Simon, his arrangement of "I don't wanna be" ( one of my favourite songs on the Season 4 CD by Bo Bice ) was rather bad. His vocals were okay though.

Taylor was just plain boring.

Kathrine McPhee was probably one of the best of the night, but still nothing great.

Lisa Tucker.... god, what are we gonna do with her? She's been blowing it week after week after week. She really has a good voice, but she's blowing it! This performane may be her ticket home.

Bucky was a little better. It was nice to see him returning to his country roots, but he still wasn't great.

Paris was just alright. Randy is fauning over her because he's big fan of soul music. Personally, it didn't do too much for me.

Mandisa was a mess. I don't know if it was her, or the band, but the whole thing just came across as a huge din of noise. Mandisa could do so much better than this.

Gosh, after tonite, I don't care who goes.:lol: The theme is what really brought everyone down. Music of the 21st century? Ha. Almost every thing that has come out of the music industry for the last couple years has been complete crap. Not a single band or singer has made a song that has rocked the nation like Elvis, The Beatles, or Micheal Jackson did. Its sad really.
Completely agree, except on the Elliott part. I didn't like Elliott's performance very much. :wave:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Heck, I didn't even like it. Sometimes you have to wonder what goes through their minds when they pick these crappy songs! I would make sure to pick very carefully.

I really don't know. If I were on AI and picking songs I would make sure it was 1. something that had been released on the radio (not sure if that Christina song was, I know it b/c my brother's in love with her and owns the CD) and 2. is something that a bunch of other people would know. I would want to pick a song that others would recognize and could sing along to.

STR8FAN2005 said:
If Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson replace Paula, I will stop watching. Why downgrade?
Britney or Jessica a downgrade? I don't think I would go that far...I mean Paula Abdul's music isn't that outstanding either. I think Britney or Jessica would be fine to replace her, if indeed that does become necessary. It sure would be a wierd show to watch though after that.

GenerationX

Agree with everyone that last night's performances were sub-par. Even the passable performances had noticeable weak points.

When will the producers ever replace Paula? Seriously, it cannot be soon enough. After a brief stint with coherency early on, she's back to her whacked-out self. However, Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson would not be any better.

Will be gone in 30 minutes: Lisa.

lawyergirl77

STR8FAN2005 said:
Lisa! The bottom three were Lisa, Katharine, and Ace.
KATHERINE?? Dude, that just ain't right!!! :eek:

However, I am very happy that Ace was down in the bottom three where he belongs!! :sohappy:

How bad was Shakira?

CaptainMichael

lawyergirl77 said:
KATHERINE?? Dude, that just ain't right!!! :eek:
My thoughts exactly. It was between her and Bucky and somehow Bucky managed to stay out of the bottom 3.

lawyergirl77 said:
However, I am very happy that Ace was down in the bottom three where he belongs!! :sohappy:
I want him gone next week! If not him, Bucky.

lawyergirl77 said:
How bad was Shakira?
I don't know, I wasn't paying attention:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom