American Idol!

BRER STITCH

Apparently old "idols" never die....I was wondering why they kept showing them all last night in the audience.
Apparently at least Constantine has something to plug: :rolleyes:

'Idol 4' finalist Constantine Maroulis leaves band for solo career

UPI News Service, 03/21/2006

Former "American Idol" contestant Constantine Maroulis has left his band to embark on a solo career.

Maroulis, 30, who was in the audience watching the current crop of "Idol" contestants compete Tuesday night, confirmed to People magazine he is no longer with the hard rock band, Pray for the Soul of Betty.

"With all of my solo projects speeding up, we just felt it was time to move on," he said.

The singer said he is currently working on his solo debut and also has a development deal with ABC for a sitcom.
------------------------------------------------------

And just like that...the value of getting a "development deal" plummets!!!

:lol:

SpongeScott

nibblesandbits said:
I agree with everybody in the fact that Barry was great with the contestants last night. He really helped a lot of them and I believe that's why last night's episode was awesome. I gave a lot of constructive criticism and I loved that he helped them fix any weak spots they had in the arrangements. (In all the years I've been watching Idol, that was definitely a first).

I have a newfound respect for him and I really wish he would help the contestants more throughout the competition. Although since he won't be, I hope other guests help the contestants just like he did. He was simply amazing. (And this is coming from someone who didn't give a flying rat's patooty about the man before seeing this)
so you are now a Fanilow? :rolleyes: :) :wave:

loriwdunn

from mtv.com

Constantine Maroulis has signed on for his first movie role. "I can't tell you too much about it yet, but it will be a super-sexy indie feature and [the filmmakers] have been really avid about making me a part of it," he said. "They want me to supervise the music as well and want some of my music to be [included]."

DDuckFan130

Heh...I didn't know they disliked the Pickler too :hammer:

"Idol" Haters Love Kevin
Tue Mar 21, 7:00 AM

Looks like the sky may not be falling on Chicken Little. At least, if one Website has any say in it.

Votefortheworst.com is back to its usual antics, delighting American Idol haters and dismaying show producers by unleashing a campaign to back the contestant the site deems the worst of the wannabes.

News: Idol tells McGhee to forget it
News: Idol drops to a dozen
News: Four Idol hopefuls eliminated
E! Online This season the online campaign has rallied behind 16-year-old Kevin Covais, nicknamed Chicken Little by host Ryan Seacrest for his passing resemblance to the bespectacled Disney character.

The site, which started just prior to American Idol's third season and quickly got behind red-haired crooner John Stevens, claims its intention is not to be mean-spirited, rather to get voters to simply "embrace the s__________ess" of the show by prolonging the stay of "less talented contestants" and people "like Kevin Covais, who have no chance of winning."

So it's more of a public service, really.

"For us, the fun of American Idol is that it's a cheesy show that is much more enjoyable when bad singers stick around," site creator Dave Della Terza explains in USA Today.

According to the Website, Della Terza started the campaign simply to make the show more enjoyable. The competition, he writes, is fixed: Rocker Chris Daughtry "or any white male"--except, presumably, Covais--is whom he believes the producers are grooming for victory.

The competition, Della Tarza says, is not about singing, but about making good reality TV. He says his site merely acknowledges that fact by "helping to keep around an entertaining protagonist."

"If our pick is ousted from the competition, we'll move on to someone new," the site reads. "If we can help someone undeserving inch a spot closer to winning, that's a great success!"

Which means Kellie Pickler better join Team Covais and quick.

Last week Votefortheworst.com decided to back only Covais after previously encouraging voters to phone in on behalf of both contestants.

"While Kellie Pickler is still an awful, tone deaf fake, it would be foolish to split our votes at this point," a post on the site read. "If for any reason Kevin is kicked out of the competition, we will then vote for Kellie (she's still terrible), so she's not off the VFTW radar."

Unfortunately, the site may not be the only ones who think Covais is among the weakest of the pack. Last week, Simon Cowell called Covais' rendition of Stevie Wonder's "Part Time Lover" an "appalling" performance.

Of course, being singled out on the site may not be wholly bad for the budding artist.

Jasmine Trias, one of the site's chosen few for the show's third season, made it into the top four, while last year's main pick, Scott Savol, was among the competition's final five contestants--a feat for which the site, naturally, took credit.

For its part, Fox is not issuing any new statements on the anti-Idol Website, instead deferring to the lengthy denouncement they released last spring.

"While it is unfortunate that a small group of people are so caustic that they believe it would be humorous to attempt to negatively sway the voting on American Idol, the number of purported visits to the website would have no impact on voting," the network and show producers said last year. "Their hateful campaign will have no effect on the selection of the next American Idol."

Covais is one of 11 finalists remaining in the competition. This week, the batch of hopefuls will try their hands at songs from the '50s, with Barry Manilow, who not so coincidentally just topped the charts with The Greatest Songs of the Fifties, set to perform on Wednesday's results show.

lawyergirl77

I'm stuck at work tonight... :cry:

Please please please keep me in the loop... I'll be going nuts with the suspense here!! (yes, I'm aware of how tragic that makes me...)

Uponastar

lawyergirl77 said:
I'm stuck at work tonight... :cry:

Please please please keep me in the loop... I'll be going nuts with the suspense here!! (yes, I'm aware of how tragic that makes me...)

Kevin got sent home.
Bottom 3 were he, Lisa and Bucky.

lawyergirl77

Computer Magic said:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that reverse psychology stuff that Simon pulled last night really worked! Go Simon!!! :sohappy:

GenerationX

DisneyJill said:
Bottom 3? Lisa, Bucky & Kevin
Good call!!

STR8FAN2005 said:
Damn tape
Precisely.

STR8FAN2005 said:
I went to the LSU Student Health Center and told them that I have McPheever, and they said they couldn't help me :(

:lol:
:lol: :lol: Nice avatar, too.

Kevin's a classy kid, but he was easily the weakest singer left. I'm still surprised his legion of middle school fangirls didn't come through for him this week.

SpongeScott

GenerationX said:
Kevin's a classy kid, but he was easily the weakest singer left. I'm still surprised his legion of middle school fangirls didn't come through for him this week.
must have been too late to vote.

Debbie

GenerationX said:

Maybe the fangirls had to get extra rest for LEAP testing this week?.......

Y'all gotta admit Chicken Little showed he had plenty of class upon learning of his departure :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom