American Idol!

DDuckFan130

lawyergirl77 said:
Bucky, while boring, didn't make my ears bleed...

... Yes, Ace, I'm talking to you!!!

But it was a pretty good week, especially considering I had expected a trainwreck! :lol:
Really? I thought Ace was way better than Bucky.

lawyergirl77

DDuckFan130 said:
Really? I thought Ace was way better than Bucky.
He was a semitone flat throughout the first half of the song, then he went sharp, and then, just to make me want to drag my nails across the nearest chalkboard, he went into the "falsetto" that he is so found of abusing.

*sigh*

I really want to like Ace 'cause he seems like a nice guy. Unfortunately, I am starting to be unable to take his voice, which is a crying shame because it's also making him exponentially less purty to me! :lol:

lawyergirl77

STR8FAN2005 said:
Because she is a good singer/performer! You can't avoid the McPheever!
*sigh* Yeah, she's really starting to grow on me. Even her interviews are becoming less irritating, which is nice. For a while, she was acting far too much like her AI roommate (the Pickles)

imagineer boy

I've got the McPheever! She was excelent ( and reminded me a bit of Jessica Rabbit :lookaroun Pickler improved quite a bit and the others were great as well. My bottom 3 predictions:

Kevin ( please be in the bottom 3! ), Lisa ( she's playing it too safe ), and Bucky ( he's the one who will be leaving )

GenerationX

Hey, lawyergirl77, I love your Cowell-esque criticism of the show tonight. Keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's great to see more people catching the McPheever. No question about it, she is hott! She looked gorgeous and sounded fabulous, as usual.

Speaking of looking and sounding good, how about Mandisa? Great night for her. Her best yet, and one of the best overall this season.

Bottom 3:
Lisa - I adore her and hope otherwise, but her performance was not quite strong enough to keep her out of the bottom three again.
Paris - She consistently wears dresses and sings songs that are 20-30 years too old for her. She's got a great voice, but she's still a 'bot to me.
Bucky - Oh, Boy ... was that boring. Bye bye.

In other news, Pickler still has the teen boy vote, Kevin still survives as the Lord of the Geeks, Chris still rawks, and Ace still makes me want to :hurl:

DDuckFan130

GenerationX said:
Hey, lawyergirl77, I love your Cowell-esque criticism of the show tonight. Keep it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's great to see more people catching the McPheever. No question about it, she is hott! She looked gorgeous and sounded fabulous, as usual.

Speaking of looking and sounding good, how about Mandisa? Great night for her. Her best yet, and one of the best overall this season.

Bottom 3:
Lisa - I adore her and hope otherwise, but her performance was not quite strong enough to keep her out of the bottom three again.
Paris - She consistently wears dresses and sings songs that are 20-30 years too old for her. She's got a great voice, but she's still a 'bot to me.
Bucky - Oh, Boy ... was that boring. Bye bye.

In other news, Pickler still has the teen boy vote, Kevin still survives as the Lord of the Geeks, Chris still rawks, and Ace still makes me want to :hurl:
:lol: I like your assessment. But to add to the whole McPheever thing...she has teen boys' votes also...and dirty old men who were hoping the tape wouldn't stick :lookaroun

She's cool. I think she's gorgeous and I think she will make it far.

BRER STITCH

WOW! What a surprise that was last night!
All this talk about Barry Manilow week, and I figured they would all be doing 50's songs from His latest album. (Which, in my opinion, contains very few, if any, "greatest hits" from that decade - - but that's another story!) HAHA!

He really worked well to make the song arrangements better for the contestants, as well as offering some pretty candid opinions.

Is my TV going...or did Barry look like he came from the planet ORANGE??? HAHA!

Also...I'm a fan of the 50's and never would have identified most of those songs as being from that era. Guess the definition is so broad anything goes!

Taylor was disappointing last night, but I'm going to keep Him on my good list for another week.

Here's my good and bad choices, almost unchanged from last week:

GOOD:
Mandisa - Is there anything she can't do?
Paris - OK....but seriously....FEVER?!?!?!
Chris - His act could get old if it lasts much longer. Wonder how many folks did not even recognize his song choice with that arrangement?
Taylor - I didn't like it last night, but know He is better than that.
Elliott - Great voice, but needs to develop a "style" to stay interesting.

BAD:
Kevin - This must have been a bad joke among the producers.
Bucky - UGH! The worst peorformance of the night.
Katherine - I just don't care for her voice or personality, and not my pick to win.
Lisa - Her voice isn't strong enough to continue much longer, but she looked the best of the group last night!
Kelly - I can't take Her either, no matter what Simon thinks! HAHA!
Ace - Guess there's a fine line between cute and creepy and with weak vocals, I hope voters realize he crossed it a couple weeks ago!

TUNE IN TONITE FOR THE RESULTS! I suspect BUCKY will bite the dust!

Debbie

lawyergirl77 said:
He was a semitone flat throughout the first half of the song, then he went sharp, and then, just to make me want to drag my nails across the nearest chalkboard, he went into the "falsetto" that he is so found of abusing.

*sigh*

I really want to like Ace 'cause he seems like a nice guy. Unfortunately, I am starting to be unable to take his voice, which is a crying shame because it's also making him exponentially less purty to me! :lol:

Alot of people I know musn't have an ear for a flat vocal. At first, I thought Ace could be a frontrunner; but the past couple of weeks have Ace backsliding into the bottom 6.

I missed Mandisa and Paris, but both don't have pitch problems. Pickler made a good song choice. I love how Chris makes the songs his own; which is wonderful, because he will never sound like just a great karaoke singer. Katherine has a leg up on alot of them because of her vocal training. Chicken Little seems to be following the path of John Stevens. John Stevens made it way too far (the season he was on). That's where I really lost interest for a few weeks.

loriwdunn

Although Bucky didn't do well last night, I still think he is much better than Kevin. Kevin is the worst. How did he get this far? I totally agree with the John Stevens reference from above; Kevin will not be leaving tonight even though he should.

I predict Lisa is out. I don't think she has a lot of fans. She is young, but was singing songs that didn't allow her audience to connect with her early on. I have a feeling Bucky gets a lot of votes from country music fans.

Ace is a little creepy, but not nearly as creepy as Constantine was last season. I wanted to take a shower after watching him....he's so slimy.

I know I will be unpopular, but there is something about Catherine...I think she is secretly arrogant. I don't like her. She does have a great voice. In the end, I think it will be between Mandisa and Chris...

Lil'mermaid

I must be in the minority here, but I really dont like Kellie and Katherine at all. Both just bug me to no end. I dont like Kevin either, but I like him more than I like those two.

I'm thinking the top two will be Chris and Mandisa at this point, but really, its still anyone's game.

Uponastar

I think Lisa will go home tonight.
She has a great voice but isn't connecting with viewers.
Chris is amazing! He should win!
Elliot is still my personal favorite. I'm waiting for him to do something great!

Nemo14

I like Lisa, but I think either she or Bucky will go home tonight. Last night's show was interesting - the first half was great - totally opposite of last week.

I still don't like Kevin! :rolleyes:

SpongeScott

For the most part, it was a very good show last night--just too long. Barry does a great job working with the singers. People are on Bucky, but last night was his best job yet, which probably doesn't say much. Mandisa was all over it again last night and Kellie had her best performance too. I like Lisa, but for some reason she hasn't found her audience yet, possibly because they are all voting for Kevin (pre-teen to young teen girls).

I'll put Ace, Lisa, and Bucky in the bottom three tonight, with Ace going home.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
I agree with everybody in the fact that Barry was great with the contestants last night. He really helped a lot of them and I believe that's why last night's episode was awesome. I gave a lot of constructive criticism and I loved that he helped them fix any weak spots they had in the arrangements. (In all the years I've been watching Idol, that was definitely a first).

I have a newfound respect for him and I really wish he would help the contestants more throughout the competition. Although since he won't be, I hope other guests help the contestants just like he did. He was simply amazing. (And this is coming from someone who didn't give a flying rat's patooty about the man before seeing this)

DisneyJill

I thought Chris' rendition of I Walk the Line was amazing. I started out REALLY liking Taylor, and I still really do, but Chris has quickly become my favorite of the bunch.

Bottom 3? Lisa, Bucky & Kevin-Bucky or Lisa goes home. I'd like to see Ace go home-I agree with those saying he's starting to really bug them. You can't win AI because you give sultry looks to the camera. Sorry.

And Kellie Pickler? Gets more annoying with each passing week. Buh-bye:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom