American Idol!

Debbie

Any predictions for tomarrow nite? I think Janay, and possibly Mikhala will go. If not Mikhala; Lindsey or first girl to sing might go.
For the guys: all I can say is, I hope it's not Bo or Anwar. They are terrific.

imagineer boy

Guys who I think will go:

Scott Savol and Travis Tucker

As for the ladies:

Janay Castine ( buh bye! See you! You stink! ) and Mikaylah Gordon

It would be a shame to see Scott go, because he is a good singer and a nice guy, but doesn't match up the competition. Travis has good moves and can dance, but singing clearly isn't his thing

Janay should've been voted off from day one! Mikaylah blew it on her performance tonite I think.

GenerationX

I agree 100% with your predictions, imagineer boy. I hope Janay goes because I can't stand to see a kid continue to perform so poorly and get beat up by the judges. She looks frightened on stage and is so unsure of herself that it is painful to watch. She should try again in a couple of years.

If you could combine Nadia's performance skills and stage presence with Carrie's voice, you would have your winner right there. I don't really have a favorite with the women ... they're all pretty good and each have their own strengths.

On the men's side, Bo is the most comfortable performer and Anwar is the best singer. I'm not sure why the judges fawn over Mario and Anthony so much; I find them kind of boring.

Laura

Premium Member
Here's how I'm ranking them now...

Girls:
1. Jessica Sierra
2. Carrie Underwood
3. Mikalah Gordon
4. Vonzell Solomon
5. Nadia Turner
6. Lindsey Cardinale
7. Amanda Avila
8. Janay Castine

Guys:
1. Anwar Robinson
2. Bo Bice
3. Mario Vasquez
4. Nikko Smith
5. Travis Tucker
6. Constantine Maroulis
7. Anthony Fedorov
8. Scott Savol

I think either Jessica, Carrie, Anwar, or Bo will win it. I think at least 2 of them will be in the top 3.

DarkImage4

The thing with Mikalah...

I dislike her so much, she's annoying, obnoxious and, whether she can help it or not, she talks like Fran Dreischer.

HOWEVER...

She is very, very good, maybe one of the top 4 there. Last might's performance was a mistake in my eyes. Somewhere (from West Side Story) is NOT a song ou mess around with. It was way too low for her and did not show her voice for what it is.

If voters only use last night's show as the deciding factor, she's toast...

BUT, in the scheme of things, she'll make it through...

As with others, my favorite guys are Anwar and Bo. The ladies are harder to name, but Nadia, Carrie and Jessica are up there.

Lil'mermaid

LouDisney said:
The girls are harder to name. I have not been overly impressed with the girls this year.

I know! Carrie is good but no other girl really jumps out as great to me. Mikalah just annoys me.

They guys are really good this time. Anthony and Constantine are my two favorites.

nibblesandbits

imagineer boy said:
Guys who I think will go:

Scott Savol and Travis Tucker

As for the ladies:

Janay Castine ( buh bye! See you! You stink! ) and Mikaylah Gordon

It would be a shame to see Scott go, because he is a good singer and a nice guy, but doesn't match up the competition. Travis has good moves and can dance, but singing clearly isn't his thing

Janay should've been voted off from day one! Mikaylah blew it on her performance tonite I think.

I agree with you 95%...only b/c I can't pinpoint who the other girl will be. (Obviously Janay will be voted off) And I think you were right on the money about the guys. I guess we'll just have to see.

imagineer boy

GenerationX said:
On the men's side, Bo is the most comfortable performer and Anwar is the best singer. I'm not sure why the judges fawn over Mario and Anthony so much; I find them kind of boring.

I think Anthony is great, but he reminds me too much of Clay Aiken. I want something new. I agree about Mario though, he is WAY overrated. I find him kinda boring too. My favourite for the guys are Nikko Smith ( maybe I'm a bit biased because he's the home town hero, but he is VERY good ) Anwar is excelent, Bo Bice is very comfortable on stage and has a great voice.

As for the girls, my favourites are Carrie Underwood ( whoo! every time I see her on stage, I have to run off and take a cold shower :lol: ) Nadia is fun to watch and has a great voice, Vonzell is also one of my favourites, and Jessica Siera is great too, but I also think she is a bit overrated.

imagineer boy

NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I don't believe it! Nikko got voted off!!!! I'm so dissa pointed! I mean, how?! He was one of the best! :brick: :cry: And I can't believe Mikayla actually made it?!! Good lord, what's this world comming to?

Computer Magic

imagineer boy said:
NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I don't believe it! Nikko got voted off!!!! I'm so dissa pointed! I mean, how?! He was one of the best! :brick: :cry: And I can't believe Mikayla actually made it?!! Good lord, what's this world comming to?
Agreed... I know two others that should have went before Nikko.

imagineer boy

Man the people on the news this morning were in very bad moods. They were complaining about him being voted off, and one news person was reporting from Hollywood and they asked him how he was and he said "I'm tired and Bitter...."

I just don't understand how he got voted off! He should have atleast made it to the top 12. He was one of the best!!! I just don't get it!

SpongeScott

imagineer boy said:
I just don't understand how he got voted off! He should have atleast made it to the top 12. He was one of the best!!! I just don't get it!
Simple. People didn't call in for him. People did call in for Scott Savol. Face it, it's a popularity contest and a game of numbers. You can sing you heart out, but if people don't pick up the phone and vote for you, you're toast. How else do you explain why Jasmine Trias got so far last year, outlasting Latoya London? She had the masses from Hawaii voting for her. This is one change that did not take place that I wish they would do: the voting should be like Survivor--you are voting someone out of the competition instead of voting to retain them. Let America have a voice in deciding who really sucked.

EDIT: I agree that Nikko should have made it; I was stunned. He's got to be the best person to not make the finals in AI history.

DDuckFan130

Well I finally decided to post in this thread, but I have been keeping up with the show.

All I have to say is, I am so glad Janay is gone, but am not as glad that Scott stayed. I liked Nikko better, but like SpongeScott said, it's a popularity contest.

I am very happy Constantine and Anwar made it through :D They have been my favorites since the very first audition. Bo has a better voice than Constantine, but Constantine has such stage presence and charisma. Anwar is definitely the best singer.

Of the girls, eh I don't care. They're all equally boring and uninteresting. The only ones that stand out for me are Jessica and Nadia.

surfsupdon

Potentially, if I'm being honest with you, I think this could be a great remainder of season with these final 12.

;) :lol:

Looks good for me! I'm a Lindsey Cardinale fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom