American Idol Poll

When I next visit WDW I am going to....

• Skip the American Idol Experience completely because I am not at all interested in seeing it.

Votes: 160 47.6%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience as a member of the audience and see the show.

Votes: 155 46.1%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience to audition to participate in the show as a contestant.

Votes: 21 6.3%

• Total voters

nibblesandbits

The lack of auditions doesn't surprise me. This poll so far has shown that 5 out of the 80 people who voted said they would participate.

I think it's a mix of people being to nervous, not caring or not having the time to do so. From what I've read it takes a long time to go through the whole process and I'm sure people would rather spend their valuable vacation time doing something else.
Oh yeah...I forgot about the fact that it takes like all day to do it. I'm sure that could deter people from auditioning as well.

hokielutz

From what I have heard, they are getting far less people who want to audition (less than 100 a day) than they were expecting (400 a day). To me, that says something... :brick: :hammer:

Expecting 400 auditioners a day???

Are you kidding me?? That is a ton of prep work for an attraction that really adds no value. An average of 100 auditioners sounds about right. I mean how many CM's is Disney going to set aside to sift through that many audtions?

I really find it hard to believe they were expecting that many to audition each day.

hokielutz

Like others have said before...

Don't judge a book by its cover
Try it before buy it
It doesn't hurt to look
What's 20 minutes of sitting down in an air-conditioned space, vs 30 minutes in an exterior TSMM queue in 100 degree heat

Its not something that I will repeat visit on each vacation to WDW, but its worth popping in for a show once per trip. During the previews, they kept the show running at a good pace so it doesn't bore the audience, like the TV show can with all its commercials and B-roll segments.
So try it, before passing judgement.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Been there, done that, didn't get the t-shirt. I saw it during previews and I don't plan to go back anytime soon. I have watched the show intermittently over the years, and I am still not enthralled by this attraction. :shrug:

AGentlRose

I saw it once during the Annual Passholders Preview, but would not waste park time seeing it again. (and I do watch American Idol on TV)

Magic Maker

Every show so far has been at capacity and I have listened to people as they exit and I hear nothing, NOTHING but good things. I just think we DIsney nerds are being too picky and snobbish. Get over it everyone, Adventurer's Club ain't comin' back. Millionare ain't comin' back. American Idol STILL has the highest ratings of ANY television show currently on air. This attraction may not go down as a classic, but it is definitely an amazing work between two entertainment icons and no matter how many times I see the show, I love it.

Different strokes you know? I just wish some people would stop acting liking it is the worst thing ever. That theater has sat EMPTY for like 8 years, nothing was closed because of it. And Fantasmic did not get cut to three nights a week because of it (yes three nights, no one seems to want to give props to the Studios for recogninzng and uping it to three nights instead of the originally annouce two nights a week). You can't replace a 9000 seat show with a 1000 seat show. But it seems we Disney nerds always want to be negative... oh they closed this, oh they opened that but I don't like it. The thing is we are in the miniority and most guests are not NEARLY as critical as we are.

I know some people on the team and they have worked really hard on this and they've seen some of the posts out there and can't believe how negative they are, when they hear nothing but good things from the audience and from what they tell me the numbers have been great. They've even told me they have seen people come back time and again to see more than one show. Go in with an open mind.

cblodg

Okay, so I did see the American Idol show. I can safely say that I will not go back and visit it again. Just as I doubt that it will remain a popular attraction. We really only went to see what they did to the theater.

We really were not impressed at all.

BUT, I did get to see the guy who used to play Hathaway Brown at the AC. Someone in the audience actually yelled out "an adventurer's life is best" and he nodded in reply and waived. It was great.

nibblesandbits

Okay, so I did see the American Idol show. I can safely say that I will not go back and visit it again. Just as I doubt that it will remain a popular attraction. We really only went to see what they did to the theater.

We really were not impressed at all.

BUT, I did get to see the guy who used to play Hathaway Brown at the AC. Someone in the audience actually yelled out "an adventurer's life is best" and he nodded in reply and waived. It was great.
Can I just say how awesome that is?!

kdsjjb

Absolutely not. DW will not be able to drag me there. She and DD already talked about going so DS18, DS11 and I will be on ToT and RnRC until they are done.

I'd rather do Sounds Dangerous again.

Eyorefan

Wooow a lot of people aren't hot on this attraction! Why don't you try it once if you haven't already and then make a decision..?

While I have seen the TV show I have never been a fan. Why would I waste time at place I am spending $70 to be with something I don't even watch on TV for free?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom