American Idol Poll

When I next visit WDW I am going to....

• Skip the American Idol Experience completely because I am not at all interested in seeing it.

Votes: 160 47.6%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience as a member of the audience and see the show.

Votes: 155 46.1%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience to audition to participate in the show as a contestant.

Votes: 21 6.3%

• Total voters

WWallaceII

This may have been mentioned in another Idol thread - but what do they do when it loses it initial popularity and during the less busy times if they don't have enough participants or auditions? Do they just let any wailing fool through to the finals?...... wait, thats the real TV show....

DisneyJunkie

My vote is to skip it entirely. I'm fine watching the show on TV, which I do regularly, but I have no interest in seeing people go through the motions as some form of entertainment while I'm in WDW.

Susan Savia

We saw it in January on soft opening days and as far as the future.....if we're walking thru the parks and need a break, sure we'll stop in and see it again. Its not one of those things we will do every visit to the park, tho.

paul436

I will definitely see it at least once to see if I enjoy it or not. And even if I don't, many others will. There will be people who will be having a lot of fun with an attraction like this and that creates a positive energy. I can enjoy seeing other people enjoy something.

Slipknot

From what I have heard, they are getting far less people who want to audition (less than 100 a day) than they were expecting (400 a day). To me, that says something... :brick: :hammer:

Jasonflz

No they dont make you participate. The contestants are selecting using auditions earlier in the day. The only audience participation is clapping and voting for the winner.

Thanks then. I might go at least once to try it out but otherwise it doesn't look to exciting.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I'll see it on my next trip. It'll be one and done. Probally wont see it again after that.

After that... I can judge it as harshly as I want to. :king::lol: :lookaroun

lynnie5150

I`ll avoid it like the plague. I hate reality TV for many reasons, and have no desire to see a spin off of it whilst on holiday. Maybe I`ll just go and stare at the market on Sunset, or Studio One, or the area behind Indy, or....

Marni, What are you getting at????

bears163

yeah i just dont get why they did this now...a few years ago maybe but American Idol is old news. & to put this in a park that needs some attention was not a good idea. The park still needs the same amount of attention as it ever did.

SoccerMickey

With the exception of Expedition Everest, I have the uncanny knack of misjudging attractions before they open. I actually thought Stitch's Great Escape was going to be good...I thought Toy Story Mania was going to be dull, and no one thought American Idol Experience was going to stink more than I did!
Now that it's open I find myself enjoying it. The judges come across extremely fake and they are actually annoying because they don't really provide constructive feedback...they are talking to paying Disney customers, after all, but the set and getting to vote for a winner makes it pretty exciting. I am choking on the crow I am eating now but for the past month everytime I've gone into Hollywood Studios I make an effort of going into American Idol. (and my friends who didn't have high expectations of it love it too.)
I'm curious to see what kind of training or policies are in place now with such a unique attraction in terms of guest service recovery. Because you know someone's not going to be happy about something...either someone not getting cast for a show or a stage mom not liking the feedback her daughter got for singing.

DisneyMusician2

It's like I tell my son:

Try it once. If you don't like it, don't go back. Until you do, you can't say anything bad about it.

Advice to live by....

nibblesandbits

I'm gonna stick up for it.

I really enjoyed the attraction and will definitely go back and see it, if time allows. It adds a studio feel back to Disney's Hollywood Studios (something that many have said they wanted back...well here it is and many of you still aren't happy)

As I keep mentioning...if you like the show aspect to the Studios, you will probably enjoy this attraction. If you go to enjoy the rides, you might not like it as much. However, I'm still one to say that no matter what you think about AI, try the attraction at least once and give it a real shot...don't just blow it off because of who "sponsors" it. (Think of this like a sponsorship...like Nestle sponsoring the Land or like McDonald's sponsoring fry areas. Since essentially, that's what this is.)

nibblesandbits

From what I have heard, they are getting far less people who want to audition (less than 100 a day) than they were expecting (400 a day). To me, that says something... :brick: :hammer:
Yeah...it may say something bad, however it may also say that says that people are more nervous to get on stage then they may have thought. I know that I'd audition, but once I saw that theater and how intense (scary) it is to be up there...I'm not sure I could do it, even though I want to.

Animaniac93-98

The lack of auditions doesn't surprise me. This poll so far has shown that 5 out of the 80 people who voted said they would participate.

I think it's a mix of people being to nervous, not caring or not having the time to do so. From what I've read it takes a long time to go through the whole process and I'm sure people would rather spend their valuable vacation time doing something else.

expedition_evan

I'm going to WDW for easter, and i will be auditioning! I've been planning on auditioning for the real american idol, so im really excited about this!! even if i dont win i think it will be a lot of fun, and give me some great expereience! make sure to vote for me!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom