American Idol Poll

When I next visit WDW I am going to....

• Skip the American Idol Experience completely because I am not at all interested in seeing it.

Votes: 160 47.6%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience as a member of the audience and see the show.

Votes: 155 46.1%
  • Visit the American Idol Experience to audition to participate in the show as a contestant.

Votes: 21 6.3%

• Total voters

WDW1991

To be honest it doesnt appeal to me at all. The next time I go I won't be looking to see the show unless someone in my party specifically requests to see it. I know i should probably give it a chance but I think that the time spent watching a show I don't really want to see could be better spent on Toy Story Mania and Great Movie Ride. Others in my party will more than likely replace those two for ToT and RNR lol

Rabflmom

I actually enjoyed it very much. I was expecting something much worse. The finale show is great.

I hate to admit this but we went in just to see how horrible it would have to be. The pre- show guy was really pretty funny. The 3 contestants actually could sing and all did a pretty good job. The judges were sort of ho hum because there wasn't really anything bad they could have said about the girls/women who sang. We did not see the finale show so next time that will be the one we go to see. Yep, there will be a next time. We all enjoyed it and thought it didn't suck.........Even my son who thinks the real show does.
:ROFLOL:

Blackie Pueblo

My wife and I went to see the show. Actually I went to see the show as an audience and my wife tried out. She didn't make it past the first judge but she said she had a great time and it was one of those experiences that she said she will always be proud to say she enjoyed.

But I wasn't that impressed with the show. I mean they do a good job making it drag out like they do on tv but all I kept thinking was there was so many other things I could be doing. (Maybe not a lot of other things at Hollywood Studios but you get the idea).

I think everyone should experience it once. And then you wont ever have to do it again. And after the first time you'll say, ok that was ok but when will they put something else there.

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
---Walter Elias Disney

ChuckElias

Return Who wants to be a Millionare Play It!! At least that show was popular.
I agree with this. I saw American Idol Experience last time I was at WDW, just b/c my daughter wanted to see it. I have to say the set was pretty amazing. The "judges" were lame, and the "everybody get up and dance" segment was stupid.

I will only see it again if my wife auditions.

CastleBound

I like watching the show if there is someone that i interesting. Sooo I liked going to the attraction, its a good replica of the events and a fun time. I just like hearing some of the sillier contestants. There was quite a few when I saw it last.

I would like to try out, but I think nerves would get the best of me... but I think I could have a chance to advance far!

WishIWasAtWDW

i have no desire to see this...i just feel that there are so many other better things to do than go watch/listen to people sing :shrug:

MrsToad71

I like to give everything a chance- so I saw it the last time I was at DHS and I must say that I didn't like it very much... I would prefer having a show or ride there that is more Disney related.

syoungkin39

American Idol Experience

I went to see it and enjoyed it alot. I went to see it in the middle of the afternoon (I had dining reservations for the finale so I had to miss that) and was very impressed by it. The hostess of the show was actually less cheesy than Ryan Seacrest and the female judge made more sense than Paula. It had the same layout and feel of the show and, overall, gave you the general feel of being in the audience for the actual show. The 3 contestants I saw were all talented and the person I thought should win did.

Basically, if you're a fan of AI go see it. If you're not a fan, obviously, this will hold zero appeal for you. If nothing else, like other shows at Disney (Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, Turtletalk, etc.), it provides a nice way to get out of the hot sun for a brief while.

syoungkin39

One comment, though...

Just one complaint about the show's concept:

At least from the show I saw, there are no age restrictions for the contestants. Of the 3 I saw, one was a woman who was in her middle 30s. She didn't win but, if she had, she basically would have won nothing other than a chance to meet Simon, Paula, Randy and Kara in person because she was ineligible to compete on the show (the cut-off age is 28 I believe).

I'm not sure if any people over 28 or under 16 (I believe that's the minimum age) have won yet but it does make wonder how the show will handle this situation when they go to the audition. Are they going to let them meet the judges, do an audition, knowing all the time that the judges will say "Sorry, you're not eligible"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom