American Idol details plus concept art

EpcotServo

I really think it's folly to be making the theatre so IDOL-Specific, when we all know at best it has a shelf life of my 5 or 8 years.
:hammer:

EpcotServo

It's great art, but I have to post what my mom just said...

"Why are we burning LMA in the background? Is a nuclear war going on?"

To which I added...

"No, it's the sky from 300."

:lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think this is going to be widely popular with a lot of the studios guests. Having been in the park around the dance competitions, there is a real desire out there for people to do this kind of thing. Whilst it isnt going to be everyone's cup-of-tea, I can see people heading to the studios specifically to do this. I think it could be a real boost. The concept art also looks great, should give some nice eye candy to that corner of the park.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I really think it's folly to be making the theatre so IDOL-Specific, when we all know at best it has a shelf life of my 5 or 8 years.
:hammer:

I think 5-8 years is even a generous estimate.:lol: AI is already on season 7. I can't see them doing more than 10 seasons. If the show goes off the air it is pretty much a death sentence for the attraction. Once Millionaire went to day time TV, no one cared about the attraction anymore.

They could do this show without screaming American Idol all over the place. Here's hoping that some Disney big wig wakes up and sees how weird of an idea this is. :eek:

TJcop

Wow...I think this is a horrible addition. This is extremely unoriginal (another copy from TV), and, as others have already said, will have a very short run.

Maybe it's just me, but the last thing I want to do is sit around and watch other people "audition". Where's the creativity? Where's the Disney touch? How does Disney "plus" American Idol? :brick:

uklad79

The concept art looks great but not for that part of the park. The huge neon tower and screen just don't fit the theme of the area. Maybe somewhere near LMA would have been better since that structure fits in with nothing sticking something else next to it that fits in with nothing wouldn't be too bad.

uklad79

It's just come to me where this would really would fit in........

Universal Studios! Maybe knock down the fear factor arena. IOA gets Harry Potter and Disney pulls Idol out of the (trash) bag.

Kingdom WDW

Face it, the most likely people to take part in the show are teenage girls and drunks.

Being that none of them are in a short commodity, you're looking at a successful attraction.

I believe many will only be voters, but few will actually play. Which may be a good a thing.

nanna

LOVE this idea! will bring a whole lease of life to the studios!

remember, American Idol is watched by people around the world. Plus each of the regional shows for so many countries around the world.

This will be a HUGE plus and VERY popular.

Buried20KLeague

Simon has already said on more than one occasion when his contract is up as a judge, he's DONE with it... I think that was 3 more years?? Which would be another 5 seasons or so maybe?

Anyway... As soon as he's done with the show, it's going to tank. And this attraction right behind it.

I can see us eager to visit it the first time we're there when it's open... But can't see it will have a lot of repeatability for us. :shrug:

EDIT: That being said, this is a better solution even for the short term than an empty theatre.

EpcotServo

I think this is going to be widely popular with a lot of the studios guests. Having been in the park around the dance competitions, there is a real desire out there for people to do this kind of thing. Whilst it isnt going to be everyone's cup-of-tea, I can see people heading to the studios specifically to do this. I think it could be a real boost. The concept art also looks great, should give some nice eye candy to that corner of the park.

Oh it's going to be VERY popular when it opens. The only problem is that it's not going to be popular for very long...my group of hard working ivy-league professors in the Servotronic Science & Technology Update Division have dubbed this..."The Millionaire Effect."

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom