Amazing Race...how Sweet The Sound!

GenerationX

Funny thing is that there are no real teams, in my opinion, that you really feel, I mean really feel like rooting for. I would love to root for Sarah but I can not stand Peter.

I'll pull for the Brother's for the near term. . .
On the plus side, there's only two teams out of the final seven that I absolutely cannot stand (Rob & Kimberly, Peter & Sarah). I could root for almost any of the others. The other five teams all have good qualities and have been polite to the locals.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I've missed most of the season so far because of the goofy schedule. :cry: My poor tivo is all confused. Why is the show starting at 8:24 tonight?

GenerationX

The show has started late a couple of times due to football running long. I'm sorry you're missing this season, Eeyore. It's been a great one, so far!

GenerationX

I'm going to re-rank the teams later, but a couple of questions jump out at me after watching the show:

1. Where were the Amazing Yellow Lines? The boys and I love to see the map that shows (via the Amazing Yellow Lines) how teams are getting from one destination to another. It's a brief geography lesson that I wish they would keep in on every show.

2. How did David & Mary not get a seat on that one plane? When they showed the teams on the plane, Lyn & Karlyn had an empty middle seat between them, as did Erwin & Godwin. What's up with that?

3. What do you think of the new penalty for coming in last in a non-elimination round? I thought it was brilliant. If the team comes in first in the next leg, nothing happens. If they come in anywhere else, they incur a 30 minute penalty. This is a fair way of handling this. The penalty is steep, as it should be, but the team still has a chance and doesn't have to beg for money. I cringe at the money-begging scenes.

popsicletrees

3. What do you think of the new penalty for coming in last in a non-elimination round? I thought it was brilliant. If the team comes in first in the next leg, nothing happens. If they come in anywhere else, they incur a 30 minute penalty. This is a fair way of handling this. The penalty is steep, as it should be, but the team still has a chance and doesn't have to beg for money. I cringe at the money-begging scenes.

Because of a busy schedule I haven't been able to watch the past two episodes, so thanks for keeping me informed! I like this idea. It always seemed that they made them beg for money in third world countries which I hated to watch. A time penalty is very fair to them and the rest of the competitors.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Well, it looks like we were all right. Non-Philimination round it is. I like the new penalty this year. It gives them a chance.

In no particular order.....

David&Mary- It looks like Mary's ankle is feeling better too because she didn't whine about it at all.

Dustin&Kandace- they need to be careful. If they keep pis s ing people off like they have been, I think they are going to find themselves with a one way ticket back to the US.

Rob & Kimberly- The fighting continues....nothing new there.

Lyn & Karlyn- More of the same. I am still suprised they are hanging on as well as they have been.

Erwin & Godwin- The team to beat IMO. Those T-shirts were weird.

Tyler & James- Another great team. I think they will be around for a lot longer too. I really like them.

Peter & Sarah- Yikes. They could be a good team if he wasn't such a butthead. She is really trying and I give her a lot of credit for getting this far. He, on the other hand, needs to get run over by some of those crazy Indian drivers, repeatedly.

Uponastar

Well, it looks like we were all right. Non-Philimination round it is. I like the new penalty this year. It gives them a chance.

In no particular order.....

David&Mary- It looks like Mary's ankle is feeling better too because she didn't whine about it at all.

Dustin&Kandace- they need to be careful. If they keep pis s ing people off like they have been, I think they are going to find themselves with a one way ticket back to the US.

Rob & Kimberly- The fighting continues....nothing new there.

Lyn & Karlyn- More of the same. I am still suprised they are hanging on as well as they have been.

Erwin & Godwin- The team to beat IMO. Those T-shirts were weird.

Tyler & James- Another great team. I think they will be around for a lot longer too. I really like them.

Peter & Sarah- Yikes. They could be a good team if he wasn't such a butthead. She is really trying and I give her a lot of credit for getting this far. He, on the other hand, needs to get run over by some of those crazy Indian drivers, repeatedly.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.
David & Mary are starting to grow on me. I hope they hang in next week. Brilliant plan for handling a non-elimination!
I think Sarah would do better off alone! :lol: What an annoying jerk he is!

Nemo14

I pretty much agree with everything you said.
David & Mary are starting to grow on me. I hope they hang in next week. Brilliant plan for handling a non-elimination!
I think Sarah would do better off alone! :lol: What an annoying jerk he is!
I missed last night, but I like the new non-elimination thing!

BRER STITCH

Original Poster
Hey Gang!

This is my first internet access since Thursday and we're still without heat, power, and water after the freak storm this weekend. :(

The house and property are pretty damaged, and there is a driving ban and trees down everywhere, but I managed to get over to the other side of town so I could use my laptop for work.

Continue to keep me informed, as there is little likelihood I will see yesterday's edition. Glad it was a non-elim tho!

I have to sign off and get back to cutting trees away from my house and waiting for the Electical contractors to call me back.....

Hope to be back to normal soon. :wave:

~BRER STITCH~

Nemo14

Hey Gang!

This is my first internet access since Thursday and we're still without heat, power, and water after the freak storm this weekend. :(

The house and property are pretty damaged, and there is a driving ban and trees down everywhere, but I managed to get over to the other side of town so I could use my laptop for work.

Continue to keep me informed, as there is little likelihood I will see yesterday's edition. Glad it was a non-elim tho!

I have to sign off and get back to cutting trees away from my house and waiting for the Electical contractors to call me back.....

~BRER STITCH~
Great to hear from you! We heard about all the madness in Buffalo. Now I hear ther's flooding from all that too! Take care of yourself, and keep us posted!

Nemo14

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Hey Gang!

~BRER STITCH~

Glad you're alright. :wave: I hope our other members from Buffalo are doing ok and keeping warm. Good thing its going to be mild this week.

hcswingfield

I'm going to re-rank the teams later, but a couple of questions jump out at me after watching the show:

1. Where were the Amazing Yellow Lines? The boys and I love to see the map that shows (via the Amazing Yellow Lines) how teams are getting from one destination to another. It's a brief geography lesson that I wish they would keep in on every show.

2. How did David & Mary not get a seat on that one plane? When they showed the teams on the plane, Lyn & Karlyn had an empty middle seat between them, as did Erwin & Godwin. What's up with that?

I wanted the yellow lines, too. Where is Chennai? I wanted to know!

I also saw the empty seats. That was just wrong.

Agreed on the new non-elimination penalty. Much less painful to watch now that the begging is gone!

SirNim

Empty seats on the plane might stem from the fact that each team has to purchase 4 tickets total, two for the team members and two for the cameramen. Of course, the team members are never allowed to reference/look at/utter the names of/motion towards/suggest the existence of their cameramen. It's kind of like TAR's version of breaking the fourth wall.

GenerationX

Good catch, SirNim. Of course, the empty seats were for the cameramen.

I hope you get some good news soon, BRER STITCH, because you sound like you could use it. :( Take care.

GenerationX

An Indian driver's license would be such a cool souvenir!

Here are my updated rankings:

Tyler & James - They've had a lot of bad luck with cabs, but they've kept it together. They're funny, too.

David & Mary - I love the way Mary recruits locals to help them. I also like her description of her home life - "I sit at home and watch reality TV". Sounds familiar! :p

Dustin & Kandice - Ran a good, tough leg. Also on the plus side, they are nice to the locals and not so nice to Peter. They move up in my rankings this week.

Erwin & Godwin - They drop in my rankings. The stunt with the fake phone was so, so stupid. It just made the other teams find a real phone. I liked the goofy shirts with Phil's picture, though.

Lyn & Karlyn - Ran another decent leg.

Rob & Kimberly - How much more snobbish could they get? They don't like India or Vietnam and want to know why they can't be in Europe with the "rich folk". Ack! I hate this team.

Peter & Sarah - He's evil. That's all there is to it. He didn't help Sarah climb the walls by the crocodiles, he is always condescending to her, and he's derisive towards the other teams (making fun of Mary's sprained ankle). Even his smile is creepy. SO.CI.O.PATH.

-------

Next week: Camels! Yes! They're naturally ornery and always give teams a hard time!

Uponastar

An Indian driver's license would be such a cool souvenir!

Here are my updated rankings:

Tyler & James - They've had a lot of bad luck with cabs, but they've kept it together. They're funny, too.

David & Mary - I love the way Mary recruits locals to help them. I also like her description of her home life - "I sit at home and watch reality TV". Sounds familiar! :p

Dustin & Kandice - Ran a good, tough leg. Also on the plus side, they are nice to the locals and not so nice to Peter. They move up in my rankings this week.

Erwin & Godwin - They drop in my rankings. The stunt with the fake phone was so, so stupid. It just made the other teams find a real phone. I liked the goofy shirts with Phil's picture, though.

Lyn & Karlyn - Ran another decent leg.

Rob & Kimberly - How much more snobbish could they get? They don't like India or Vietnam and want to know why they can't be in Europe with the "rich folk". Ack! I hate this team.

Peter & Sarah - He's evil. That's all there is to it. He didn't help Sarah climb the walls by the crocodiles, he is always condescending to her, and he's derisive towards the other teams (making fun of Mary's sprained ankle). Even his smile is creepy. SO.CI.O.PATH.

-------

Next week: Camels! Yes! They're naturally ornery and always give teams a hard time!

Right on as usual!
I'm kinda rooting for David and Mary at this point. They're a good team and she is a real hoot! Also, no doubt they could really use that money!

GenerationX

The Top Seven Cool Elements of this week's show:
1. The visual Kuwait Towers clue
2. The puzzle task with the Arabic street name
3. The remote control jockey
4. The FF fake out by the Cho brothers
5. Peter & Sarah arriving at the mat in complete darkness. They must have been lost for hours.
6. Kimberly mistaking "mosque" for "mask". Based on the "boing" sound effect after she said it, I'm guessing the editors despise this team as much as I do.
7. The Philimination!

It's pretty clear to me that Sarah wants nothing to do with Peter anymore. Can't say that I blame her!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom