Amazing Race...how Sweet The Sound!

artvandelay

The finale is Sunday night! The Beauty Queens must have hit the wall ... they made a lot of mistakes in the last two legs. My prediction for the final outcome:

1. Dude and Dude
2. Screamy and Weepy
3. Sourpuss and Saint.

Screamy says Dude almost as much as Dude and Dude. He even calls his girlfriend 'Dude'!

GenerationX

Of the three remaining teams, Tyler and James had run the best race. They certainly earned the win, and I was glad they did.

maggiegrace1 - I agree; this did seem like an awfully easy final leg. The clues were a little harder, but the tasks sure weren't.

As for the Amazing Race - All-Star Edition, here's my list of likely competitors, updated with the latest information from around the net:

(Season 1): Joe & Bill (Guidos)
(Season 1): Kevin & Drew
(Season 2): Danny & Oswald
(Season 3): Jon Vito & Jill
(Season 4): Tian & Jaree
- (Season 5): Colin & Christie - rumor has it Christie is expecting
(Season 5): Charla & Mirna
(Season 6): Jon & Kris
(Season 7): Uchenna & Joyce
(Season 7): Rob & Amber
- (Season 8): Mama Paolo & Son DJ - latest rumors have no family edition teams in the race
(Season 9): Lori & Dave
(Season 10): Dustin & Kandace
+ (Season 10): Dave & Mary - latest rumors have them added in.

artvandelay

Of the three remaining teams, Tyler and James had run the best race. They certainly earned the win, and I was glad they did.

maggiegrace1 - I agree; this did seem like an awfully easy final leg. The clues were a little harder, but the tasks sure weren't.

As for the Amazing Race - All-Star Edition, here's my list of likely competitors, updated with the latest information from around the net:

- (Season 5): Colin & Christie - rumor has it Christie is expecting
(Season 5): Charla & Mirna(Season 6): Jon & Kris
- (Season 8): Mama Paolo & Son DJ - latest rumors have no family edition teams in the race
+ (Season 10): Dave & Mary - latest rumors have them added in.

We should start a pool to see how long it takes Mirna to yell (in that plaintive wail), "Chalra!". My early prediction is 8 minutes into the first episode.

Looking at that list, I'll say Rob and Amber in 1st, followed by Dustin and Kandace.

Tonights episode was the best advertisement for EZ Pass. How could a NY cab driver not have one? Next to electricity, EZ Pass is the greatest invention of the last millennium.

Uponastar

You're right Dana. . .the finale tasks were unusually easy.
But I'm happy for the boys! They earned it.
Did anyone else find the humor in Kimberly's expression when Rob gushed about loving her and wanting to marry her? I don't think that's in the cards for that pair!

Nemo14

I was really disappointed in the finale - nothing too exciting, and the only thing that kept Bama out of the running in the end was the time of their flight - I would have liked to see something more challenging. Congrats to the boys - they deserved it...

artvandelay

I was really disappointed in the finale - nothing too exciting, and the only thing that kept Bama out of the running in the end was the time of their flight - I would have liked to see something more challenging. Congrats to the boys - they deserved it...

I think the only thing that kept 'Bama out of the finale was their own mistake. They went to Orly airport first thinking they'd get a better flight than the other two, since the other two teams did not know about Orly. The only problem is that Orly is not a transatlantic airport, and the clue said take a direct flight to NY from Paris. The producers of AR did that on purpose, to prevent a team from going to Orly, getting a quick flight ot London, and flying to NY from there.

Uponastar

I think the only thing that kept 'Bama out of the finale was their own mistake. They went to Orly airport first thinking they'd get a better flight than the other two, since the other two teams did not know about Orly. The only problem is that Orly is not a transatlantic airport, and the clue said take a direct flight to NY from Paris. The producers of AR did that on purpose, to prevent a team from going to Orly, getting a quick flight ot London, and flying to NY from there.

That really was too bad. 'Bama's strong point had always been their ability to get to places quickly. So sad for them that ability failed them when they needed it most.

GenerationX

(Season 6): Jon & Kris
(Season 10): Dave & Mary

Okay, CBS has finally announced the teams. Here is the real list:

(Season 3): Teri & Ian
(Season 9): Eric & Danielle (of Eric & Jeremy and Dani & Danielle)
(Season 10): Dave & Mary

I look forward to watching Joe & Bill, Rob & Amber, and Dustin & Kandace again. They were great racers and fun to watch.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Thanks for that info. I only got into watchin AR around season 6 or 7 so i wont know most of the competitors. Any idea when the show starts up again?

GenerationX

... and GO! We're off on another race around the world with favorites from the past. Top moments from episode 1:
1. The introduction of the teams, Phil's opening speech, the theme song ... it's great to have the show back.
2. Teri mentioning that every team had nicknames already from their season. Hah!
3. Rob stopping the shuttle so Danny & Oswald could get on as payback for unintentionally leading them to the airport. Any indications of Rob going soft were quickly dashed when he laughed about the teams on the late plane not being there yet, and when he and Amber won the leg. Kudos to Amber for realizing the earlier departure did not equate to an earlier landing.
4. Kevin & Drew driving on a flat tire. Heh. I loved that the camera kept panning down to show how bad it was.

popsicletrees

Is anyone watching this season! I loved the results last night! :sohappy:

I am watching! I must say that I stood in my room and clapped when Phil told Amber and Rob that they were eliminated from the race. If I never see that couple on t.v. again it will be too soon.

Disneyfan1981

I was a little disappointed that Rob and Amber were eliminated, they weren't as impressive as they were the first time around. Out of all the teams that are left I'm rooting for either Oswald and Danny or Dustin and Kandace.

Nemo14

Anybody still watching this?
I was so disappointed in the show last night. 2 hours long, and the hardest task was to eat 2 feet of sausage? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom