Amazing Race...how Sweet The Sound!

hcswingfield

He wasn't just obnoxious, he seemed completely devoid of any human emotion, especially compassion. He was almost scary. He could easily be a serial killer or something.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
In no particular order.....

David&Mary- I am so happy they made it there first. Without the FF they didn't stand a chance, given their penchant for getting lost.

Dustin&Kandace- I have had enough of these two. It looks like next week they REALLY cross some lines to cheat their way to the finale.

Rob & Kimberly- The fighting continues....they did decent this week.

Lyn & Karlyn- I don't have much to say about them this week. I was disapointed the camels weren't more ornery.

Erwin & Godwin- Nice job with the FF fakeout. I am glad it didn't come back to haunt them.

Tyler & James- They keep hanging on and doing pretty well.

Peter & Sarah- I don't like seeing Sarah go. However, if it gets rid of Peter, I am glad. At least Sarah can now escape him. Friends, schmiends. She is going to go home and file a restraining order

Uponastar

He wasn't just obnoxious, he seemed completely devoid of any human emotion, especially compassion. He was almost scary. He could easily be a serial killer or something.

Agreed!
Whenever they'd show Sarah speaking about his lack of compassion they'd show a close-up of Peter. . .and all I saw was emptiness. There is nothing there! He is truly frightening!

GenerationX

A couple of TV forum/news sites are reporting that the next edition of The Amazing Race will be an All Star edition, dubbed "Return of the Racers". Between forum posts by former racers, myspace blogs, youtube videos, and CBS leaks posted on other sites, I've cobbled together the following info:

Likely Competitors:
(Season 1): Joe & Bill (Guidos)
(Season 1): Kevin & Drew
(Season 4): Tian & Jaree
(Season 4): Reichen & Lance Bass!
(Season 5): Colin & Christie
(Season 5): Charla & Mirna
(Season 7): Uchenna & Joyce
(Season 7): Rob & Amber
(Season 8): Mama Paolo & Son DJ

Possibles:
(Season 3): Ken & Gerard
(Season 7): Greg & girlfriend who was on Survivor
(Season 7): Ray & Deana
(Season 7): Lynn & Alex

Definitely Not In:
(Season 1): Rob & Brennan
(Season 5): Chip & Kim
(Season 6): Jonathan & Victoria
(Season 9): BJ & Tyler

popsicletrees

Rob & Amber? Really? Boston Rob was my least favorite contestant on Survivor, and I would really hate to see him back on one of my favorite shows. I would like to see Jonathon and Victoria and Charla and Mirna back simply for the reason that these teams brought my family weeks of amusement.

GenerationX

I'm still looking for confirmation of the teams for the next edition, but no luck yet.

The racers this week certainly didn't have any luck with cabs in Madagascar. They should change the name of the country to Nadagascar, as in Nada (nothing) - Gas - Car. It seemed like every cab was runnin' on empty. Anyway, here are my freshly updated rankings after the last couple of weeks of action:

Dustin & Kandice - Putting aside the hottness of this team for a second (and frankly, when speaking of Kandice, that's a tough task), these women know how to rrraaaaaccceeee. Even the Cho brothers found it interesting to work with them because of how efficient they are. They are independent (I hate alliances in this game), tough, and make very few mistakes.

Tyler & James - They've been getting lost a lot lately, but they've done well on the tasks and keep a positive outlook. They need to stop using the word "dude", though, or I may have to drop them further in my rankings.

Erwin & Godwin - Genuinely nice guys, but unlike the above two teams, have no killer instinct. It's a race, boys. Hopefully, they learned a little bit about that in their brief partnership with the Beauty Queens during the Intersection.

Lyn & Karlyn - Karlyn is kind of a pill, but Lyn cracks me up and is far more level-headed than her partner. Their task performance, however, lacks.

Rob & Kimberly - So, the people of Madagascar have low expected life spans due to car exhaust. :rolleyes: Along with a bunch of their other dimwitted comments, these two practically define Ugly American. Go Away.

-----

David & Mary - They came in last three times, so I'm not sorry to see them go. They deserved their Philimination. I do believe, however, that this team will be the most changed by the race. Now that they've had a taste of the world, their hope is that their kids get to see more of it. That is a good wish, and if their kids are as polite and friendly to others as these two are, they can maybe reverse the reputation of Americans built by the likes of Rob & Kimberly.

Nemo14

I'm still looking for confirmation of the teams for the next edition, but no luck yet.

The racers this week certainly didn't have any luck with cabs in Madagascar. They should change the name of the country to Nadagascar, as in Nada (nothing) - Gas - Car. It seemed like every cab was runnin' on empty. Anyway, here are my freshly updated rankings after the last couple of weeks of action:

Dustin & Kandice - Putting aside the hottness of this team for a second (and frankly, when speaking of Kandice, that's a tough task), these women know how to rrraaaaaccceeee. Even the Cho brothers found it interesting to work with them because of how efficient they are. They are independent (I hate alliances in this game), tough, and make very few mistakes.

Tyler & James - They've been getting lost a lot lately, but they've done well on the tasks and keep a positive outlook. They need to stop using the word "dude", though, or I may have to drop them further in my rankings.

Erwin & Godwin - Genuinely nice guys, but unlike the above two teams, have no killer instinct. It's a race, boys. Hopefully, they learned a little bit about that in their brief partnership with the Beauty Queens during the Intersection.

Lyn & Karlyn - Karlyn is kind of a pill, but Lyn cracks me up and is far more level-headed than her partner. Their task performance, however, lacks.

Rob & Kimberly - So, the people of Madagascar have low expected life spans due to car exhaust. :rolleyes: Along with a bunch of their other dimwitted comments, these two practically define Ugly American. Go Away.

-----

David & Mary - They came in last three times, so I'm not sorry to see them go. They deserved their Philimination. I do believe, however, that this team will be the most changed by the race. Now that they've had a taste of the world, their hope is that their kids get to see more of it. That is a good wish, and if their kids are as polite and friendly to others as these two are, they can maybe reverse the reputation of Americans built by the likes of Rob & Kimberly.
Totally agree! I know it was time for David & Mary to go, but they were really fun to watch! Now the competition gets tougher!

Uponastar

-----

Yes!
Dustin and Kandice are players!!!! Things will really be getting hot now!
I will miss David and Mary. I agree with your take on them. I can't help but wonder what winning that money could have meant for them. But I think they have a lot going for them. Nice people.

GenerationX

No official confirmation yet on the all stars, but I am updating my list based on more former racer postings:

Likely Competitors:
(Season 1): Joe & Bill (Guidos)
(Season 1): Kevin & Drew
(Season 2): Danny & Oswald
(Season 3): Jon Vito & Jill

(Season 4): Tian & Jaree
(Season 5): Colin & Christie
(Season 5): Charla & Mirna
(Season 6): Jon & Kris
(Season 7): Uchenna & Joyce
(Season 7): Rob & Amber
(Season 8): Mama Paolo & Son DJ
(Season 9): Lori & Dave
(Season 10): Dustin & Kandace

artvandelay

No official confirmation yet on the all stars, but I am updating my list based on more former racer postings:

Likely Competitors:
(Season 10): Dustin & Kandace[/i]

Do you think this means they win AR 10? I'm 50/50 on it. I think they're the only team left that plays to win and works well together, so that could be why they get asked back for All Stars.

Out of that whole group, Rob and Amber are the preseason favorites. They got ripped off in Season 7 and should be hungry for a win.

GenerationX

If Dustin & Kandice are in the all-stars, I don't necessarily think it means they win AR 10. The only winners in the list so far are Uchenna & Joyce.

I agree that Rob & Amber are probably the favorites. Colin & Christie were great racers, as well, and could be considered favorites.

artvandelay

If Dustin & Kandice are in the all-stars, I don't necessarily think it means they win AR 10. The only winners in the list so far are Uchenna & Joyce.

I agree that Rob & Amber are probably the favorites. Colin & Christie were great racers, as well, and could be considered favorites.

Colin and Christie were good, and you're right, they should be the favorites. Didn't they finish second because their flight got delayed while they were sleeping?

GenerationX

Colin and Christie were good, and you're right, they should be the favorites. Didn't they finish second because their flight got delayed while they were sleeping?
Good question. I don't remember how they lost, but I do remember that Colin was one of those insanely competitive people. They finished in the top tier almost every leg of their race - many as team #1.

We've never had an all female team win. I think the closest team was the Bowling Moms, who finished fourth. While they were undoubtedly good racers, I think the Beauty Queens are the best all female racer team the show has ever had. It will be surprising to me if they don't make the final three in AR10.

artvandelay

Good question. I don't remember how they lost, but I do remember that Colin was one of those insanely competitive people. They finished in the top tier almost every leg of their race - many as team #1.

We've never had an all female team win. I think the closest team was the Bowling Moms, who finished fourth. While they were undoubtedly good racers, I think the Beauty Queens are the best all female racer team the show has ever had. It will be surprising to me if they don't make the final three in AR10.

You now have two all female teams in the top four, the single moms and the beauty queens.

GenerationX

I believe in the first episode Phil mentioned there would be 12 pit stops and 8 of them would have an elimination. We've had two Non-Elimination Legs so far (both saved David & Mary), and we always have one in the final show with the three remaining teams racing to the finish line. Therefore, we still have one left. I'm thinking it will be next week. There's also a Yield next week, and oftentimes there's no elimination after a Yield.

Of the remaining four teams, here are their finishes in each leg and average finish:
1. Tyler & James (1,2,2,3,6,6,2,2,1) = 2.78
2. Dustin & Kandice (4,5,4,7,2,2,1,1,2) = 3.11
3. Rob & Kimberly (5,6,3,1,3,3,3,3,3) = 3.33
4. Lyn & Karlyn (9,9,6,6,5,4,5,5,4) = 5.89.

There's quite a difference between the top three teams and the last one. For this reason alone, I have a hard time rooting for Lyn & Karlyn. Their kids are adorable, but they're lousy racers. I like them better than Rob & Kimberly, though, who are all kinds of annoying.

artvandelay

the NY Post has a story today about All Star Amazing race. According to the Post, the following teams are in:

Rob and Amber
David and Mary (this season's coal miner and wife)
Colin and Christie
Mirna and Charla

And these teams are out:

BJ and Tyler
Kim and Chip

Nemo14

I had a feeling this would be another non-elimination! Right now, I'm not too fond of any of them, but Lyn & Karlyn were big surprises this week! The others really need to work on map reading!:rolleyes:

artvandelay

I had a feeling this would be another non-elimination! Right now, I'm not too fond of any of them, but Lyn & Karlyn were big surprises this week! The others really need to work on map reading!:rolleyes:

This late in the game, if there's a Yield, it's a non elimination round.

GenerationX

The finale is Sunday night! The Beauty Queens must have hit the wall ... they made a lot of mistakes in the last two legs. My prediction for the final outcome:

1. Dude and Dude
2. Screamy and Weepy
3. Sourpuss and Saint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom