Amazing Race...how Sweet The Sound!

hcswingfield

We are watching. I had nightmares last night about missing a plane and being stuck in an airport. That seems to be happening a lot this year, and seems really unfair. I know luck has to figure in a little bit, but I would rather see people win by skill and effort, and not because they had the least amount of bad luck.

GenerationX

I've enjoyed most of this season. Some very cool tasks (the boardroom with the letters and pictures, tuning a piano, etc.), very interesting destinations (Zanzibar!), and generally solid racing.

Philiminated Teams:
Jon Vito & Jill - bad navigation/directions.
Kevin & Drew - didn't seem up to the challenge.
David & Mary - raced just as poorly as last time, only this time they whined the whole time.
Rob & Amber - finished first in the first three legs, the other teams obsessed over them. I think Rob's funny, so I was sorry to see them go.
Teri & Ian - far less bickering between them this time around.
Joe & Bill - weren't nearly as fun as during Season 1.

Remaining Teams (in order of preference):
Dustin & Kandace - racing smart, keeping their cool
Oswald & Danny - funniest team on the race this year
Uchenna & Joyce - kind of in the background this season
Eric & Danielle - she's useless, he's a pig
Charla & Mirna - Shut up, Mirna!

I loved when the cab driver in Poland purposely took Charla & Mirna to the wrong place after Mirna asked him if he liked Polish Sausage. Heh.

hcswingfield

I thought the scenes in Auschwitz were some of the most powerful ever on that show, or on any reality show for that matter. This is why Amazing Race regularly wins Emmy awards.

GenerationX

Agreed. The show's producers know what they're doing - they treat each location with the proper respect.

I know the show's primary purpose is entertainment, but my sons and I have learned a bit about other cultures watching it. Also, we like to freeze frame on the Amazing Yellow Lines (Phil: "All teams are now making their way ...") so that we can discuss the countries/continents the racers are travelling to/from.

GenerationX

Well, we're down to the final three teams, and I despise two of them. The Beauty Queens must win, because it would be a crime if either of the other two whining teams win. I was so disappointed to see Oswald & Danny eliminated tonight. They seem like genuinely nice guys and have been really entertaining - "Look, the Teletubbies go to war". Yeah, it's non-PC, but it was pretty darn funny.

You can add the U.S. military to the endless list of people/organizations that can't stand Mirna. "Please treat the CARE packages with some respect, not like you're throwing garbage in a bin." I haven't rooted against someone this strongly since Flo.

artvandelay

Well, we're down to the final three teams, and I despise two of them. The Beauty Queens must win, because it would be a crime if either of the other two whining teams win. I was so disappointed to see Oswald & Danny eliminated tonight. They seem like genuinely nice guys and have been really entertaining - "Look, the Teletubbies go to war". Yeah, it's non-PC, but it was pretty darn funny.

You can add the U.S. military to the endless list of people/organizations that can't stand Mirna. "Please treat the CARE packages with some respect, not like you're throwing garbage in a bin." I haven't rooted against someone this strongly since Flo.

Same here. I can't stand Mirna. Beauty Queens or Danielle and Eric to win it all.

popsicletrees

I didn't get to watch it tonight. I'm so mad that Danny and Oswald are gone! They seemed like they would be so much fun! I'm rooting for the beauty queens. Eric is a jerk. Danielle is so whiny. Mirna doesn't do anything when it comes to the challenges. Charla in knight's armor was proof of that.

hoppypooh

Not to mention Charla... "Ma'am I told you not to touch the screen."
10 seconds later... "Ma'am I told you not to touch the screen."
10 seconds later... "Ma'am I told you not to touch the screen."

WildcatDen

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wah

That is at least twice now that the team you love to hate wins it all. A few seasons back, there was that couple that fought all of the time and they won. I think they had to do some kind of boat thing in China or some place near the end of the show. She refused to try after a while she wanted to give up. Three shows later and they win. Sucky sucky.

surfsupdon

I thought it was an underwhelming finish. I can remember years past where the 2 hour finale included multiple road blocks and detours that always kept the racers off guard, and plenty of "timing issues" that allowed the final 3 to all catch up at some point or another. This most recent finale seemed very blah. Kayak, then match the names of your partner and head to the final destination.

I had wished Dustin and Candace won. They had always been so fun to watch, b/c they were really enoying themselves and always ran intelligently and with a smile. They knew how to play this game. Yet they did not win, instead those whiners won.

And that final piece with him calling his past teammate was awkward and wierd.

GenerationX

I thought it was an underwhelming finish. I can remember years past where the 2 hour finale included multiple road blocks and detours that always kept the racers off guard, and plenty of "timing issues" that allowed the final 3 to all catch up at some point or another. This most recent finale seemed very blah. Kayak, then match the names of your partner and head to the final destination.

I had wished Dustin and Candace won. They had always been so fun to watch, b/c they were really enoying themselves and always ran intelligently and with a smile. They knew how to play this game. Yet they did not win, instead those whiners won.

And that final piece with him calling his past teammate was awkward and wierd.
I couldn't agree with you more, surfsupdon. The whole race came down to how much you talked about the other teams? Yuk. I'm with you on the Beauty Queens, too. They were the most impressive team this season; they deserved to win. The only reason they had Eric call his old teammate was the Sprint product placement. YUK.

I still really enjoyed this season. The destinations and tasks were cool, as usual. If the BQs had pulled it out in the end, it would've been up there with the best seasons.

surfsupdon

I couldn't agree with you more, surfsupdon. The whole race came down to how much you talked about the other teams? Yuk. I'm with you on the Beauty Queens, too. They were the most impressive team this season; they deserved to win. The only reason they had Eric call his old teammate was the Sprint product placement. YUK.

I still really enjoyed this season. The destinations and tasks were cool, as usual. If the BQs had pulled it out in the end, it would've been up there with the best seasons.

AGREED GenerationX, this was a fantastic season. Both exciting and funny with a good amount of teams to root for and against. I liked how two teams seemed it a no-brainer to keep in touch with Uchenna and Joyce.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom