Am I the only person who is not a fan of Pool Hopping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwitkus

Let me first start by saying that I do not mean any disrespect to anyone with this thread, but I have to say that the idea of pool hopping really bothers me!!

The last thing I want when I go to my resort pool is to find the place crowded both on land and in the water.. I hate getting there and finding no chairs available or so many people in the water that you can't move without swimming into someone or getting kicked by someone as they are swimming..

Granted I always assumed this was a result of a crowded resort, but now I must ask, is this a result of pool hoppers? And if it is, I have to say I would like to see more control of the pool areas to keep them limited to those guests who are paying for the priveledge of swimming there...

Am I the only person who feels this way???

:veryconfu :veryconfu

Tramp

...LMAO...the towels weren't that fluffy this year, seemed a bit worn out....maybe they'll be better by the time you get there.:)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by YankeeFan

I think that pool-hoppers that are not staying anywhere within Disney property should be stopped, but people who are resort guests STILL WITHIN Disney property should be fine to visit the pools of whichever resort they desire to try. But the fact is, the majority of the amount that people are made to pay, is basically for the rooms themselves. Pools, restaurants, coffee refills....it's all perks that really are a minor part of the resort rates. Having said that, I think the ones making a stink over "well we pay to use this pool" don't have much of a leg to stand on, especially when considering that probably 95% of the amount they're paying is really for the room. The pool is just an extra.

I happen to have a child who LOVES going to the pools, so a resort with a "cool" pool is definitely a consideration when I'm choosing a resort...even if I have to pay more. Quite frankly, the rooms within the deluxe resorts don't really vary that much...but the amenities do! I weigh "cool" pool versus "walking distance to MK" versus "walking distance to Epcot" versus "on the monorail" versus price when I'm making my decision. There are many variables, and the pool is definitely factored in!

And , OF COURSE the fancier the pool, the higher the resort price...all other things being equal! (a resort that is closer to MK might charge a little more for convenience, but a standard room at Beach Club is higher than, and harder to get, than the same at Boardwalk...I wonder why! :rolleyes:)

Upvote 0

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Tramp
...LMAO...the towels weren't that fluffy this year, seemed a bit worn out....maybe they'll be better by the time you get there.:)

NOT FLUFFY??? I blame those pool-hoppers! They have ruff skin!

I hope this doesn't start a thread about stealing lotion off of housekeeper carts. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Loucifr

No soft spot.

And a person like you could NEVER insult me, I am above that pettiness.

Although you did not insult me I find the term very insulting. It is classless thing to say. I mean if you are fortunate enough to be upper class bless you. I am fortunate enough to live a pretty good life but I do not to rub it in people’s faces. To me that term is a put down to the people who work hard (probably harder than you and I). Maybe they did not have the opportunities, the money, or the intelligence to get the chance that some of us got. But to assume that they are jealous is RUDE and DEMEANING.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by Loucifr
No soft spot.

Although you did not insult me I find the term very insulting. It is classless thing to say. I mean if you are fortunate enough to be upper class bless you. I am fortunate enough to live a pretty good life but I do not to rub it in people’s faces. To me that term is a put down to the people who work hard (probably harder than you and I). Maybe they did not have the opportunities, the money, or the intelligence to get the chance that some of us got. But to assume that they are jealous is RUDE and DEMEANING.

...so you continue to insult me...and you make assumptions about me when you know nothing about me....and you finish off with a lecture as if I'm some sort of a high class moron...

...please don't respond to me, EVER...in this thread or any other...I'm not interested in your opinions.....how'z that for being petty?....(don't respond, that was purely rhetorical)

Upvote 0

imagineerfan

I totally agree. I know exactly how you feel. From a swimmer and lifeguard perspective. At the resort I guard at, we get many outdise people that aren't members or hotel guest using the pools. Its a huge pain because it increases the amount of people that you need to guard and diminishes the amount of safety in the pool. Also, it is a real pain when ooutside people take the pool towels. Thats more for laundry personne to wash, more for me to fold, and less for the hotel guests to use.
Non-pool guest not only make it less enjoyable but much more unsafe and dangerous. Help control the pool population!
Dan

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
No soft spot.

But the fact that several people have insinuated that even though someone pays more for a hotel room they should cheerfully share that hotel's amenities (that are INCLUDED with the room price) with anyone who wishes to use them because they are no better than someone staying at a less expense hotel is an example of what? if not class envy? Perhaps "class envy" is not the correct term...pocketbook envy? credit card envy? travel account envy? What term would YOU use?

NO ONE has implied that paying more for your accomodations makes you BETTER than someone else...just MORE entitled to use the facilities than someone NOT staying at that hotel. That does not mean that someone PAYING for a restaurant meal should not be allowed to eat there, but the FREE amenities (which usually..at least at WDW...does not include meals, shop purchases, spas, etc) should be reserved for the guests. (or non-guests should PAY to use them)

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I agree with Mom. The rooms themselves are a relatively small part of the resort. The landscaping, lobby, decor etc. are a big part of any hotel and that's what makes the difference. If you're staying at a Holiday Inn, and there's a Sheraton across the street with a much nicer pool, you could probably "get away with" using the Sheraton pool, but you wouldn't be right. You would be using their service without paying for it. It's no different than stealing ashtrays from the lobby.

At least that's my opinion.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Issues?

No soft spot.

Are there any issues you need to discuss? For someone who puts down a little quote like "class-envy" and claims to be above all of such nonsense, you actually spout out some very less than classy and actually quite condesending B/S....I'm sure those without all of your opportunities wouldn't want you to put words in their mouths.

Upvote 0

JungleJim

Account Suspended
You think Disney raises the prices because of extra dirty towels? Because someone is sitting in beach chair you feel you may have to pay more money for your room? Come on. Disney has to do laundry every day a few hundred extra towels each day means nothing to them. They raise the prices due to supply and demand.

Calling someone a thief over this insignificant crap is WRONG.

I bet some of you people who are complaining about pool-hopping are the same people who think because you pay a higher room rate you should get head of the line privileges in the parks. I over heard some woman complaining last year that she had to stand in line. Mrs. Thurston Howell the 3rd and her husband were discussing that they should get some blanket fast pass to go on any ride anytime because they were staying at the Grand Floridian. I wanted to say, “listen Lovie deal with it” and let her in pass me in the line so I would not have to hear her complaining pie hole.

I am no pro pool-hopping club member; I just think some folks are overreacting a bit.

Thats funny, I think calling someones opinion "insignificant crap" is also rude.
If you don't like the term "class envy" why would you label a woman " Mrs. Thurston Howell the 3rd"?

Upvote 0

Tramp

Re: Issues?

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

Are there any issues you need to discuss? For someone who puts down a little quote like "class-envy" and claims to be above all of such nonsense, you actually spout out some very less than classy and actually quite condesending B/S....I'm sure those without all of your opportunities wouldn't want you to put words in their mouths.

LMAO:lol: ...don't you just love the hypocrisy in people ... who among us has never experienced a bit of (dare I say) 'class envy'?

..I think it's only human nature to want to know how the people on the other side of the tracks live...and I never said in any of my posts that i thought that was bad...in fact, class envy can be a real motivator for people.....but, like you said, Kandi, people love to put words in other people's mouths just to make an argument...

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by The Mom

Erika, do a search on pool hopping! Last time, I think the National Guard was called in! ;) :lol:

You know, I thought of that right after I posted. It did get pretty ugly last time, didn't it? :zipit: *sigh*

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by garyhoov
I agree with Mom. The rooms themselves are a relatively small part of the resort. The landscaping, lobby, decor etc. are a big part of any hotel and that's what makes the difference. If you're staying at a Holiday Inn, and there's a Sheraton across the street with a much nicer pool, you could probably "get away with" using the Sheraton pool, but you wouldn't be right. You would be using their service without paying for it. It's no different than stealing ashtrays from the lobby.

At least that's my opinion.

Actually, I'm iffy on this one...I don't even swim, so pool-hopping isn't an issue (I don't go out in a swimsuit - no one deserves to see these thighs! :lol: ), but as far as the landscaping and decor and such, I resort hop all the time...I love to wander about in the resorts that I can't afford! :D

So if I'm just soaking in the atmosphere at the Deluxe resorts, does that make me a thief? This is a real question - I'm not being a smarta**...I promise!

Upvote 0

Loucifr

Looks like I got a good one going here, my work here is done.

Is the Internet great or what? We are all over the country, yet we can get together on a Saturday night and have a great discussion over totally meaningless junk.

JungleJim what I meant by “Thurston Howell the 3rd” is she was acting like that old bag from Gilligan’s island. Remember her? And Jim I never called you opinion insignificant crap I called the art of pool-jumping insignificant crap.

I think imagineerfan brought up a great point about safety, that no one had considered. Makes a ton of sense to me.

I did not mean to start some “fight” I was just commenting on that term. I may have gotten a bit nasty in my response, opps. Tramp you are right we have all had some class envy and yes it can serve as a great motivator.

Why the hell did I even look at this thread?

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by cymbaldiva

So if I'm just soaking in the atmosphere at the Deluxe resorts, does that make me a thief? This is a real question - I'm not being a smarta**...I promise!

Naw...a pool is a very small, dangerous area with a very limited amount of seating and space. An entire resort is different-- I rarely run into more than a small handfull of people while walking around.

If you're trying to get in to see someone's room, though, you might be crossing the line :lol:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Erika

Naw...a pool is a very small, dangerous area with a very limited amount of seating and space. An entire resort is different-- I rarely run into more than a small handfull of people while walking around.

If you're trying to get in to see someone's room, though, you might be crossing the line :lol:

:lol: Dang! I knew I'd get caught peeping! :lol: :lol:

>>>Why the hell did I even look at this thread? <<<

Gee Loucifr, Guess it was to stir things up in an otherwise peaceful place!

Upvote 0

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Looks like I got a good one going here, my work here is done.

Is the Internet great or what? We are all over the country, yet we can get together on a Saturday night and have a great discussion over totally meaningless junk.

JungleJim what I meant by “Thurston Howell the 3rd” is she was acting like that old bag from Gilligan’s island. Remember her? And Jim I never called you opinion insignificant crap I called the art of pool-jumping insignificant crap.

I think imagineerfan brought up a great point about safety, that no one had considered. Makes a ton of sense to me.

I did not mean to start some “fight” I was just commenting on that term. I may have gotten a bit nasty in my response, opps. Tramp you are right we have all had some class envy and yes it can serve as a great motivator.

Why the hell did I even look at this thread?

Thanks for the clarification. Go Wings!

P.S. If I see you in my chair at the Beach Club I'm still calling Disney Security!:animwink:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom