All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBell9988

Nice photos :wave:

Anyone see the new hole in the wall with bar sticking out in 0563? Looks like very fresh work. No idea what it`s for though.

Someone said why some triangles are on struts, and why some on wires. I`d say some of them need to remain fixed in position with no movement, and are heavier than others.

And yes, there is a lot of steelwork in there. An awful lot. Far more than this to come to nothing. 0565 has far more metal in place than I saw last July.

My pleasure! :wave: Glad to provide some insight.

And yes, next time I am on SSE, I will take pics of the matrix tunnel... My next little project... :lookaroun
:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Wait...

"Not sure about the little circles, but they could well relate to the mechanism that would allow the triangles to coordinate with the ride vehicles, so that your image would be able to meet up with you and follow you down."

I'm confused (what's new?). Are the triangles physically moving, like with a tracking mechanism, or are we talking about like how the screens in the Space Mountain queue "follow you"?

P.S. hpyhnt! Thanks for the comment! Weird that you think the bridge is the main problem... I guess that's the only place to extend the queue, though.

No, no...I'm thinking the Pictures will travel along with you. The Triangles will stay in place...Just send the image down the line.

Loved the SSE Time Racers description, BTW. It's unorthodox, and would kill off my favorite attraction (unless they could build both!?) but I like it.:wave:

hpyhnt 1000

Wait...

"Not sure about the little circles, but they could well relate to the mechanism that would allow the triangles to coordinate with the ride vehicles, so that your image would be able to meet up with you and follow you down."

I'm confused (what's new?). Are the triangles physically moving, like with a tracking mechanism, or are we talking about like how the screens in the Space Mountain queue "follow you"?

P.S. hpyhnt! Thanks for the comment! Weird that you think the bridge is the main problem... I guess that's the only place to extend the queue, though.

No, the triangle screens (assuming this whole theory is correct) would stay in the same place, I believe. The circles (which we are assuming for the moment are motion sensors) would basically "scan" the vehicles as they go by, allowing the video/pictures to move from triangle to triangle at the same rate of speed as the ride vehicle, thus allowing the people inside the vehicle to see their image on the triangles. The triangle screens wouldn't move, but the image would move from screen to screen.

And yeah, I know its wierd, but that whole bridge thing is the only think that really bothers me. :eek: I guess it would all depend on how its situated underneath the sphere. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Wait...

No, the triangle screens (assuming this whole theory is correct) would stay in the same place, I believe. The circles (which we are assuming for the moment are motion sensors) would basically "scan" the vehicles as they go by, allowing the video/pictures to move from triangle to triangle at the same rate of speed as the ride vehicle, thus allowing the people inside the vehicle to see their image on the triangles. The triangle screens wouldn't move, but the image would move from screen to screen.
Sounds so complicated if we end up being right...And awfully Horizons-esque.:D

gustaftp

If I remember correctly, the triangles were rather small when viewed from below, and appeared in "bursts". I think it would be difficult to project visible images on each one. From the pictures in this thread, they also look like they are painted black. Not that they couldn't be re-painted for image projection, but it seems unlikely they would be hung without being ready to have something projected upon them.

I doubt we're seeing the return of the 1982/1986 geometric projection screens above the vehicles in the descent. I will eat crow if I'm wrong, though.

Disneyson 1

Right, right, right. I assumed that, but I guess it was worth asking. So they're not moving at ALL? Well, I guess that's O.K. I was expecting that. So we assume that the tracking things are the circles? I also assume that they'll use the touch-screen computer car and the narration tracker to their advantage.

And I can't believe that I got such minimal flaming from the peanut gallery! Esp. you, EE! Geez, I'm literally putting Zac Efron or whoever into SSE to make it relevant, then making it into a pseudo thrill ride! Geez, what does it take to start a food fight here? Wait, did I mention the loop?

:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

Indeed. Hope they get it working soon.:D

(can you imagine the forums on that day!? :lol: )

Oh, I'm eagerly awiting that day. :D Thats how I've been able to check to see if anything has happend with SSE - the thread count. If it spikes by over a hundred posts in 24 hours, then I know something must be up. :lol:

hpyhnt 1000

Right, right, right. I assumed that, but I guess it was worth asking. So they're not moving at ALL? Well, I guess that's O.K. I was expecting that. So we assume that the tracking things are the circles? I also assume that they'll use the touch-screen computer car and the narration tracker to their advantage.

And I can't believe that I got such minimal flaming from the peanut gallery! Esp. you, EE! Geez, I'm literally putting Zac Efron or whoever into SSE to make it relevant, then making it into a pseudo thrill ride! Geez, what does it take to start a food fight here? Wait, did I mention the loop?

Oh, bringing up the wand might do it. How about Stitch going into Imagination or Cars over at Test Track? :lookaroun

Disneyson 1

Well, we can talk Cars later, but why would Stitch go into imagination??? And they wouldn't put the wand back up. That's wasting money.

EPCOT Explorer

Now THAT I didn't like, you are correct. Real narrator > Brat. KTHX!:wave::lol:

And yep, yep to the first part of your post.:lol:
Oh, I'm eagerly awiting that day. :D Thats how I've been able to check to see if anything has happend with SSE - the thread count. If it spikes by over a hundred posts in 24 hours, then I know something must be up. :lol:
Ah, smart. And besides , there would be a ton of mini threads too. :lol:

Disneyson 1

:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

Yes. :D

I can imagine the field days we'd have. There'd be several sticky threads and, like 20 one-sentence threads that re-direct from another thread to another. Geez, just THINKING about it makes my head osplode!

EPCOT Explorer

:fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

Yes. :D

I can imagine the field days we'd have. There'd be several sticky threads and, like 20 one-sentence threads that re-direct from another thread to another. Geez, just THINKING about it makes my head osplode!

Glad to be of service.:lol:

Shame we don't have the 350 foot SSE from WESTCot. Your idea and a traditional SSE ride might fit in there.:lol:

Disneyson 1

Well, the Time Racers thing would obviously have different scenes in history than SSE, and the finale could be more innovative, for example, it could have something to do with "The machine breaks again and more things go horribly wrong!" concept. And it could go faster. And could jump out of the building ala JTTCOTE. Yeah.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I remember correctly, the triangles were rather small when viewed from below, and appeared in "bursts". I think it would be difficult to project visible images on each one
What if the images arn`t projections?

SirNim

What's that now!? :lol: So the Triangles ARE screens? So confused now...I thought you were talking about LEDs last week!
Looking at all the photographs of the triangles, it appears as though they are wrapped in a covering, to keep dust and scratches off of them. That is, they seem to be unevenly finished, and somewhat ugly to boot. It looks like they're covered, either to keep the surface smooth and clean for projections, or because they're actually video displays themselves and will be revealed as such when the descent is finally finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom