All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerBell9988

Thanks for uploading the pics! :wave: Did I see the old spacestation/girl in window waving prop in that second pic? And I'm still not quite understanding all the triangles...

:lol: I always get creeped out when I think that the girl might still be there... :lookaroun

You are very welcome! Not easy to take those pics... its so dark, especially with the video screens blaring in my face. I don't understand all the triangles either, and now that I am looking at the pictures, this one little detail did not show up in most of the pics: On each of the larger triangles above your head, there was a small circle in the corner of them. Maybe I can try to find one in a picture and crop/enlarge it to show you all. Very interesting. :shrug:

EDIT: Thanks for reuploading, Jason!

Jasonflz

:lol: I always get creeped out when I think that the girl might still be there... :lookaroun

You are very welcome! Not easy to take those pics... its so dark, especially with the video screens blaring in my face. I don't understand all the triangles either, and now that I am looking at the pictures, this one little detail did not show up in most of the pics: On each of the larger triangles above your head, there was a small circle in the corner of them. Maybe I can try to find one in a picture and crop/enlarge it to show you all. Very interesting. :shrug:

EDIT: Thanks for reuploading, Jason!

Sure thing.:wave:

TinkerBell9988

I've never studied pictures so hard... the second one confuuuuses me. Awesome shots though.

Yes, that second picture was of the beginning of the long giant curtained area, and that white stripe is actually a break in the curtain. Looked like it was pulled back for access, and never quite put back together to cover whatever its supposed to be covering.

hpyhnt 1000

Was the black tubular framework in place for the last version? Or is this new?
Also, I do see some light fixtures that aren't on right now.

The triangles, at least in these pictures, don't seem to be capable of being a projection surface. Weird stuff.

For the most part that black framework has been there since the triangles have been there. The thing is, why do all that framework just to hang what look like some rather flimsy triangles on?

Tinkerbell9988 said:
On each of the larger triangles above your head, there was a small circle in the corner of them.

Hm. On the triangles above your head? A little circle? Hm, if thats the case, I'm thinking a camera, possible to either take your picture, or an extension of the facial recognition software.

Jasonflz

For the most part that black framework has been there since the triangles have been there. The thing is, why do all that framework just to hang what look like some rather flimsy triangles on?

Hm. On the triangles above your head? A little circle? Hm, if thats the case, I'm thinking a camera, possible to either take your picture, or an extension of the facial recognition software.

Or maybe some projection technology,;)

PREMiERdrum

For the most part that black framework has

I was thinking lenses too. Something is shaping up...

hpyhnt 1000

The one above that one.

Oh, in pic 6? Fairly certain (if I remember correctly from my last ride thru) that that's a UV light to kinda illuimate the triangle cluster.

And you're right, Jason; the circles could be some kind of projector device. You know, something else form looking at the pics, why are only a few of the triangles painted with the UV paint while others have none on them? I don't get it...

TinkerBell9988

The one above that one.

Yes, I think you are right. It was definitely not visible in the dark (the screen was not on), so I did not notice it while I was on SSE. My pictures look so much better in iPhoto... so much more detail and less grainy-ness. :shrug:

Oh well, as long as you guys can get some answers and hopefully we can try to figure out how much longer we have to wait for the new, improved descent! ;)

PREMiERdrum

Oh, in pic 6? Fairly certain (if I remember correctly from my last ride thru) that that's a UV light to kinda illuimate the triangle cluster.

And you're right, Jason; the circles could be some kind of projector device. You know, something else form looking at the pics, why are only a few of the triangles painted with the UV paint while others have none on them? I don't get it...

Could the all black ones (which also appear to be thinner, and not exactly cut straight) just be a decoy for now? To put something there?

Jasonflz

picture.php

Hmmmmm. Possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom