All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonflz

Time Racers was an original idea planned by Imagineers a while back to replace SSE. It was a thrill ride that would zoom throughout the building. I don't know much in the way of details but there are many other members who do. I think there was even concept art.

hpyhnt 1000

Highly themed classic EPCOT Center AA Omnimover attraction > Thrill ride. Any day.

Now leave. Kthxbai.:dazzle::wave:

:)lol::lol::lol: :p)

Yeah, yeah, yeah; no I agree with you (to a point) on the Omnimover thing - I was just making conversation. Still, it would have been interesting to have seen the final result. :shrug:

Disneyson 1

Why not a Time Racers with show scenes? A ride doesn't have to move at a snail's pace to be detailed and convey a lasting message (which, current SSE... well, you know.) .

Thrill Seeker

Are you kidding me?!? It's not as good as 86 or 94, but it's good. I like it, for the most part.:shrug::lol:

I really like the new version. There are segments I think that were better in the older versions, especially the narration and decent, but overall the new version is solid.

I agree though, I would much rather had Spaceship Earth over some thrill ride concept. I would start a riot at Epcot if they ever tried to replace it with a thrill ride. Who's with me?

SirGoofy

Are you kidding me?!? It's not as good as 86 or 94, but it's good. I like it, for the most part.:shrug::lol:

No, I'm actually not kidding.:lol:

Seriously...I just...I don't know. The script really kills the ride for me, ad then the descent is like a poisoned cherry on top of the sundae.

I like Project Tomorrow though.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, yeah, yeah; no I agree with you (to a point) on the Omnimover thing - I was just making conversation. Still, it would have been interesting to have seen the final result. :shrug:
:lol:

It would have been odd.
Why not a Time Racers with show scenes? A ride doesn't have to move at a snail's pace to be detailed and convey a lasting message (which, current SSE... well, you know.) .

I really don't know how they could have achieved that. You can't have a thrill ride that goes fast...with AA's and scenes that need to be looked at and a narration that need to be heard.:shrug:

Now...If they wanted to make Time Racers, they could make a simulator ride in Project Tomorrow.:D

hpyhnt 1000

Seriously...I just...I don't know. The script really kills the ride for me, ad then the descent is like a poisoned cherry on top of the sundae.

Thats kinda how I feel about it, though not quite to that extent. I agree the descent is in desperate need of something, but alas, I know, I know... patience. ;)

And EE, on that thril ride, depends on what kind of thrill and how it would be layed out. Something along the lines of a slightly less roller coastery RnRC with immersive show scenes wouldn't be all that bad if done correctly. Personally, I've always thought a Body Wars 2.0 attraction could work with that kind of design. :)

Vernonpush

:lol:

I really don't know how they could have achieved that. You can't have a thrill ride that goes fast...with AA's and scenes that need to be looked at and a narration that need to be heard.:shrug:

EE! is a thrill ride that goes fast with AA('s) (sort of now:lookaroun) and scenes that are looked at.:shrug:

Disneyson 1

Now why can't they add on to the SSE pavilion? Surely The Land isn't the only pavilion that can handle 2 rides!

And just for this:

I really don't know how they could have achieved that. You can't have a thrill ride that goes fast...with AA's and scenes that need to be looked at and a narration that need to be heard.

I'm making a ride. Right now.

EPCOT Explorer

I really like the new version. There are segments I think that were better in the older versions, especially the narration and decent, but overall the new version is solid.

I agree though, I would much rather had Spaceship Earth over some thrill ride concept. I would start a riot at Epcot if they ever tried to replace it with a thrill ride. Who's with me?
Someone mentioned that the narration actually transitions you from scene to scene. I like that about the new SSE...It just needs a little bit more maturity.:lol:

As for the sets, the sets are in pristine condition for the first time in a long time. That's a HUGE plus.

It's just the descent that REAAAAAALLY needs work. And it's gonna get it soon. When that happens, SSE will be in pretty good shape.

Eh. Read the above...It COULD be better...But it could be so, so, so, much worse. Stitch could narrate. We could have a pointless thrill ride. At least there's a integral EPCOT Center message and theme here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom