All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpyhnt 1000

Loving this idea...

Roller Coaster/Dark Ride combos can be quite good, when the money is spent. Instead of a gradual transition from age to age (as in SSE now), picture time periods in "blocks" (Pre-historic, Ancient civilizations, Rennisance, etc..). The blocks would be show scenes, traveled through slowly like a dark ride. In between the blocks of scenes would be the "time travel" portion of the ride... launching (no lifthill required) high speed through coaster elements. Darkness, sound effects, star fields and whatnot. Could be very, very cool.

Exactly! The technology is there for the taking. Thats kinda how my Body Wars idea goes. Slow parts where your in different parts of the body (and where the informational part of the attraction is located); thrills when you're traveling from one part of the body to another via the bloodstream. It could create a really cool experience, if done correctly. :)

AJDMB05

I rarely ever post, but this is my favorite thread ever and someday, with enough time, I may try to read all of it. The Irons SSE is my fondest childhood memory of WDW, and I can't see myself ever accepting the new one ever, only because there's no chance of them bringing back his narration, or the music at the very beginning and very end. I've probably watched Martin's tribute video a hundred times.

I always sarcastically comment about yanking the curtains down every time I'm on the ride, and I still hold out unrealistic hope that the virtual classroom and all the old fiberoptics are behind them.

Curious, btw, since I'm not here much... am I right in thinking that the old neon lights in the communication tunnel are still there, just behind the new projection screen/Matrix stuff?

...yeah I don't deal with change well. ;) here's to this thread.

TinkerBell9988

For those who know Picasa...

Do I use the Embed link or the Direct link? Also, do I need to put

hpyhnt 1000

I rarely ever post, but this is my favorite thread ever and someday, with enough time, I may try to read all of it. The Irons SSE is my fondest childhood memory of WDW, and I can't see myself ever accepting the new one ever, only because there's no chance of them bringing back his narration, or the music at the very beginning and very end. I've probably watched Martin's tribute video a hundred times.

I always sarcastically comment about yanking the curtains down every time I'm on the ride, and I still hold out unrealistic hope that the virtual classroom and all the old fiberoptics are behind them.

Curious, btw, since I'm not here much... am I right in thinking that the old neon lights in the communication tunnel are still there, just behind the new projection screen/Matrix stuff?

...yeah I don't deal with change well. ;) here's to this thread.

Join the club. For me, that was SSE as well (albeit it was the only version I ever got to experience, but it was the version I absolutley loved). Yeah, the new version isn't as great as '94, but it has its bright spots (along with some rather pitch black dark spots unfortunately). Project Tomorrow is a really great area and turned out well, and the AAs and show scenes really are in tip top shape. I've gotten used to this new version, but yeah, SSE '94 will always be a favorite. :eek:

hpyhnt 1000

For those who know Picasa...

Do I use the Embed link or the Direct link? Also, do I need to put around the link?[/quote]

um, could you just post the album link? Like, right now all the pics are in an album, right? If you go to the screen where all the pics are layed out in rows, just copy and paste that URL in your reply and that should work.

AJDMB05

Nope, they're gone.:wave:
Wishful thinking at its highest. Why did the old attraction have to seem so perfect to me...

I still feel like a young kid at WDW and Epcot is still my favorite, but it's so tough to walk onto the new SSE, walk through a gutted WoL during the F&G festival saying that's where the cycles used to be, that's the old Cranium Command queue, and walk onto JII thinking that I'm walking on what used to be old ride track, etc.

ah well. Looking forward to more pictures and updates, you guys are the best.

hpyhnt 1000

Thanks for uploading the pics! :wave: Did I see the old spacestation/girl in window waving prop in that second pic? And I'm still not quite understanding all the triangles...

PREMiERdrum

Thanks for uploading the pics! :wave: Did I see the old spacestation/girl in window waving prop in that second pic? And I'm still not quite understanding all the triangles...

Was the black tubular framework in place for the last version? Or is this new?
Also, I do see some light fixtures that aren't on right now.

The triangles, at least in these pictures, don't seem to be capable of being a projection surface. Weird stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom