All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats kinda how I feel about it, though not quite to that extent. I agree the descent is in desperate need of something, but alas, I know, I know... patience. ;)

And EE, on that thril ride, depends on what kind of thrill and how it would be layed out. Something along the lines of a slightly less roller coastery RnRC with immersive show scenes wouldn't be all that bad if done correctly. Personally, I've always thought a Body Wars 2.0 attraction could work with that kind of design. :)
I suppose. But I'm thinking that it would be very hard to do. How do you cram 30,000 years of time travel into a fast paced ride? The capacity would be hell.:lol:

Simulator!?:ROFLOL: I just said that!:lol:

EE! is a thrill ride that goes fast with AA('s) (sort of now:lookaroun) and scenes that are looked at.:shrug:
Yeah, but it's for a rough storyline...Not a highly detailed one. :shrug:
Now why can't they add on to the SSE pavilion? Surely The Land isn't the only pavilion that can handle 2 rides!

And just for this:

I really don't know how they could have achieved that. You can't have a thrill ride that goes fast...with AA's and scenes that need to be looked at and a narration that need to be heard.

I'm making a ride. Right now.
:sohappy::sohappy:

hpyhnt 1000

I suppose. But I'm thinking that it would be very hard to do. How do you cram 30,000 years of time travel into a fast paced ride? The capacity would be hell.:lol:

Simulator!?:ROFLOL: I just said that!:lol:

No, I agree the story of SSE is a toughy to do in a high speed attraction; there's a lot of history there! However, the idea does lend itself to other subjects.

Nope, not simulator. Free standing open air ride vehicle trains. :) When I said Body Wars 2.0, I meant the storyline would be similar. The actuall ride experience would be completely different. I really should put the idea to keyboard... one day when I'm bored I guess.

SirGoofy

It's just the descent that REAAAAAALLY needs work. And it's gonna get it soon. When that happens, SSE will be in pretty good shape.

Eh. Read the above...It COULD be better...But it could be so, so, so, much worse. Stitch could narrate. We could have a pointless thrill ride. At least there's a integral EPCOT Center message and theme here.

I'm sorry, but a possible song and some things projected onto the triangles isn't going to save the descent for me. I'm interested to see how it turns out, but I don't think it can save what's there.

I honestly don't enjoy the ride that much anymore. It's okay...but it's not the classic attraction it should be.

EPCOT Explorer

No, I agree the story of SSE is a toughy to do in a high speed attraction; there's a lot of history there! However, the idea does lend itself to other subjects.

Nope, not simulator. Free standing open air ride vehicle trains. :) When I said Body Wars 2.0, I meant the storyline would be similar. The actuall ride experience would be completely different. I really should put the idea to keyboard... one day when I'm bored I guess.

Hmmm...I wanna hear about this. Especially how it fits in the SSE Building.:lol::lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

I'm sorry, but a possible song and some things projected onto the triangles isn't going to save the descent for me. I'm interested to see how it turns out, but I don't think it can save what's there.

I honestly don't enjoy the ride that much anymore. It's okay...but it's not the classic attraction it should be.
Tomorrow's Child coming back would be huge to me. A part of EPCOT Center acknowledged and put back in Epcot!? WOW. It would even help with the message of the ride. I wouldn't be complaining.:lol::lookaroun

(You rabble rouser, you!)

hpyhnt 1000

Hmmm...I wanna hear about this. Especially how it fits in the SSE Building.:lol::lookaroun

Oh, wait, you're still thinking I'm going back to Time Racers? No, this wouldn't be going into SSE (I know that would be difficult). :lol: I'm just brainstorming how one could create a new attraction for Epcot that would still follow the classic EPCOT design of a fully immersive, entertaining, and informative ride while at the same time giving Epcot a bit more thrill (which, whether you like it or not, it does need in order to attract guests).

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, wait, you're still thinking I'm going back to Time Racers? No, this wouldn't be going into SSE (I know that would be difficult). :lol: I'm just brainstorming how one could create a new attraction for Epcot that would still follow the classic EPCOT design of a fully immersive, entertaining, and informative ride while at the same time giving Epcot a bit more thrill (which, whether you like it or not, it does need in order to attract guests).
Ah. :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds nice.:D

And yeah, thrills are needed in EPCOT. They just need to be done tastefully...Almost like the Horizons Killer, M:S. :)lookaroun:lookaroun:lol: Joking, joking) M:S is a perfectly FW oriented thrill. I just want a more immersive Space Pav. Like they planned.:(

HMF

Original Poster
Ah. :lol::lol::lol:

And yeah, thrills are needed in EPCOT. They just need to be done tastefully...Almost like the Horizons Killer, M:S. :)lookaroun:lookaroun:lol: Joking, joking) M:S is a perfectly FW oriented thrill. I just want a more immersive Space Pav. Like they planned.:(
I am currently drawing out plans for that dull long hallway after the ride.

hpyhnt 1000

Ah. :lol::lol:

Ah yes, so much potential there. :( I'm glad you're "on the clock" so to speak, HMF, about that hallway. That does need help badly.

I can't believe i read the whole thing

:lol: Oh my, how you've strayed into our little Epcot thread. Welcome! :wave:

TinkerBell9988

Just got home from The World... Pics are uploaded, and are on the way!

Let me figure this out while I eat a very late dinner...

(Whats the best way to upload these pics on here? And I'd like to upload them so you guys can see them in the actual size, for detail, etc)

TalkingHead

I can't believe i read the whole thing

This means you're going to get a personalized, suitable-for-framing certificate mailed to your house.

You can also buy a frame for your personalized, suitable-for-framing certificate for an additional $49.99, ok?

Congratulations on reading this entire thread!

EPCOT Explorer

Ah yes, so much potential there. :( I'm glad you're "on the clock" so to speak, HMF, about that hallway. That does need help badly.

It would be soooo epic if they had gone by the original plans, with a Omni...A ride that "took" you into space...A simulator ride...Basically a full Pav, not like the ride we just have now.:(

hpyhnt 1000

(Whats the best way to upload these pics on here? And I'd like to upload them so you guys can see them in the actual size, for detail, etc)

Just when I was about to go to bed! :lol: Oh well, now that I know they're coming, I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. :eek:

HMF

Original Poster
HMF, about that hallway. That does need help badly.
Well with Space Mountain going down and the post show where you look out the windows into space and the potential loss of the original SSE astronauts' My plan for the M:S hallway is sorta like that but with Mars outside the windows and a more elaborate postshow area.

EPCOT Explorer

Ummm...Do you have a Flickr? I use that.

PREMiERdrum

Loving this idea...

Roller Coaster/Dark Ride combos can be quite good, when the money is spent. Instead of a gradual transition from age to age (as in SSE now), picture time periods in "blocks" (Pre-historic, Ancient civilizations, Rennisance, etc..). The blocks would be show scenes, traveled through slowly like a dark ride. In between the blocks of scenes would be the "time travel" portion of the ride... launching (no lifthill required) high speed through coaster elements. Darkness, sound effects, star fields and whatnot. Could be very, very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom