All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernonpush

That is a nice sight. I really don't care for the big stone "leave a legacy" monuments (and related racing stripes on the front supports) in front of SSE. I am willing to live with them now that the mickey wand is gone now.:D

Hey, on a related note, what happened to the glass sculpture that used to adorn the fountain under SSE? Why in the world did they take it down, just to cap the fountain with an awkward and cheap looking brick platform?

It (3 pieces) was sold on e-bay or MouseSurplus or something like that.

Why did they take it down? -- I'm not sure, probably didn't look good in the "graveyard" design.

GothMickey

My guess is it is much more likely you will se the pavilion expand on to the WoL pad than be torn down.

Just a bit of a hunch :lookaroun

I heard the same thing too. However, with a new GM of Epcot, who knows what will happen to the park now.

mcjaco

In yankspy's defense, isn't that big black thing in the corner a palm frond? :veryconfu I can understand the gray lines on the two supports; that is mold/mildew, but I think the other thing is from a palm tree. :shrug:

After further review, I believe you're right. But still, it's got nastiness on the support beam thingies. There are much better pictures than that! ;)

That is a nice sight. I really don't care for the big stone "leave a legacy" monuments (and related racing stripes on the front supports) in front of SSE. I am willing to live with them now that the mickey wand is gone now.:D

Hey, on a related note, what happened to the glass sculpture that used to adorn the fountain under SSE? Why in the world did they take it down, just to cap the fountain with an awkward and cheap looking brick platform?

There was nothing better than the flowers and trees in the entrance, and those ginormous palm trees flanking the geosphere. I never understood why the sculpture was taken down. It was always so cool when lit up.

jt04

I heard the same thing too. However, with a new GM of Epcot, who knows what will happen to the park now.

My hunch is he is there to manage operations. Upgrades, refurbs and adds will be managed from Glendale. That is how I read the goings on. Though he may have different reasons for saying it, I still agree with jedimaster that the changes look positive and I'm looking forward to what WDI has in store for WDW. :D

EPCOT Explorer

I can't search for it now, but there is a whole thread on that sculpture....

Search :glass ststue under speaceship earth::wave:

Mr.EPCOT

Yankspy, is Danny Kaye in the MerfCove?!

old2.jpg

It (3 pieces) was sold on e-bay or MouseSurplus or something like that.

Why did they take it down? -- I'm not sure, probably didn't look good in the "graveyard" design.

Apparently the crystal sculptures had really yellowed over the years, and didn't look so good towards the end there. I wish they'd just replaced them, or even expand upon them with each pavilion logo like was depicted in some of the concept art.

I actually got to see and touch them at MouseSurplus while they were sitting there waiting to be shipped to their new owners.

EPCOT Explorer

old2.jpg

Apparently the crystal sculptures had really yellowed over the years, and didn't look so good towards the end there. I wish they'd just replaced them, or even expand upon them with each pavilion logo like was depicted in some of the concept art.

I actually got to see and touch them at MouseSurplus while they were sitting there waiting to be shipped to their new owners.
It's a SIGN!!!!!!!1!1111!!!!:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

And yeah, I loved the concpet for the original fountain...Those logos were epic.:eek:

Mr.EPCOT

In the original concept art for the redo of the main entrance plaza for the Millennium Celebration, it showed some kind of new sculpture for the entrance fountain. I don't think it looked better than the prisms, but still better than nothing.

yankspy

old2.jpg

Indeed he is.:lol: I never thought about that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Of all the pictures of Horizons, you picked one while it was in terrible shape. Check out the mold in the upper left! For shame! :fork:
It isn`t mold; it`s a tree branch. The building was always sparkling back then :D

Oh well.... I guess Jim took the money? Shame. Good luck to him.

EPCOT Explorer

In the original concept art for the redo of the main entrance plaza for the Millennium Celebration, it showed some kind of new sculpture for the entrance fountain. I don't think it looked better than the prisms, but still better than nothing.
I have not seen that art in AGES. Can you post it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
OK. Jim who?
Macphee. Someone who cared about Epcot like it was his own. Maybe with no real power, but the 25th shows what happens when you kick up enough dust. Edit; I just saw the main thread on this. He`s staying. I just hope his move isn`t a sideways one like they did to Sklar.

HMF

Original Poster
I think because it would detract from the wand.

jt04

Macphee. Someone who cared about Epcot like it was his own. Maybe with no real power, but the 25th shows what happens when you kick up enough dust.

I understand he is not leaving, only his responsibilities have changed.

Are you saying he took the money provided in his promotion and "left" Epcot? :veryconfu

mcjaco

It isn`t mold; it`s a tree branch. The building was always sparkling back then :D

My response up the page:

After further review, I believe you're right. But still, it's got nastiness on the support beam thingies. There are much better pictures than that! ;)

I don't know if I would say it was sparkling. The building was a bit run down, even in that picture, although I'll equate it too the color palette used.

HMF

Original Poster
I understand he is not leaving, only his responsibilities have changed.

Are you saying he took the money provided in his promotion and "left" Epcot? :veryconfu
Wow' this actually makes me miss discussing triangles.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom