All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hank

Ohhhh, you have to let your true colors as an Epcot Fanboy geek person shine through and take the pics. If not for you, for the rest of us... :D :lol:

Thanks for the info, though. Interesting to hear...
Ah, those who I was with definitely know I'm a Disney geek with a particular affinity for the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow. I was afraid they'd think I'd gone off the deep end if I started taking pictures of random bits of buildings.

mcjaco

We noticed new LED lighting in the queue area for SSE. It might have been new since October, perhaps not. I had never noticed it before.

The same lights were also now in the lobby area of RnRC, and they changed color. It was a neat effect.

And since we're back to talking about SSE, here's a pic from my latest trip.

picture.php

EPCOT Explorer

Hey all, I was just at Epcot today and noticed something. The SSE exterior lighting system looked different to me. The arrays seemed to be quite a bit larger than I recall, and looked shiny and new. I was with some other people, and didn't want them to think that I was totally insane for taking pictures of random lighting rigs on the tops of buildings, so no pics this time around. I'll try to get some photos in the semi-near future.

I could be totally wrong about this, as I haven't really spent much time staring at the lighting rigs, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads-up just in case it is new.

That is VERY interesting...I was just reading a old thread today about how the lighting banks might be giving way and "bleeding" thus making SSE look less vibrant, which is true. It used to be hot pink/orange/purple. Now it's kinda toned down.Almost white in the center.

Maybe they are rectifying this!?

*prays for color change*
We noticed new LED lighting in the queue area for SSE. It might have been new since October, perhaps not. I had never noticed it before.

The same lights were also now in the lobby area of RnRC, and they changed color. It was a neat effect.

And since we're back to talking about SSE, here's a pic from my latest trip.

picture.php
That is my favorite spot in EPCOT. Seriously. Right there, on that path, looking at SSE and The Seas with the Land and JII behind you. The BGM is AMAZING in this area. Well done.

Do you have a larger size? I would LOVE to use that for a desktop.

mcjaco

That is my favorite spot in EPCOT. Seriously. Right there, on that path, looking at SSE, the Seas and the Land and JII behind you. Well done.

Do you have a larger size? I would LOVE to use that for a desktop.

I took this in October. My camera sucks at night shots, but there was a full moon, and I had to take something!

picture.php

If you want the other pic, I'd be happy to send you the full hi rez version.

yankspy

I took this in October. My camera sucks at night shots, but there was a full moon, and I had to take something!

picture.php

If you want the other pic, I'd be happy to send you the full hi rez version.
Just out of curiosity, what camera do you use? I ask because my new one seems to be a little tricky at night as well.

mcjaco

Just out of curiosity, what camera do you use? I ask because my new one seems to be a little tricky at night as well.

I've got an old Nikon Coolpix. I got it for free after my Canon Sureshot A85 died (one too many trips on rollercoasters did it in). I've not been happy with the Nikon over the Canon, but I'm not complaining over it's free price tag.

When I buy a new camera, I'll go Canon again. I like it's intuitiveness much better.

EPCOT Explorer

In October, I bailed on the group I was with to go take FW pics during ROE. Security actually saw me, and took me to each pavilion to take a couple of pictures behind the ropes. It was quite awesome.

While I could never miss ROE...If I ever have a second night in EPCOT, I am so going to do that.:lol: That must be utterly enchanting.:eek: EPCOT at night is phenomenal. EPCOT at night and all alone must be even better.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Fantastic, sir!

EDIT: Just got the pictures! Thanks!

yankspy

I've got an old Nikon Coolpix. I got it for free after my Canon Sureshot A85 died (one too many trips on rollercoasters did it in). I've not been happy with the Nikon over the Canon, but I'm not complaining over it's free price tag.

When I buy a new camera, I'll go Canon again. I like it's intuitiveness much better.
I have never had a Nikon, but I am quite pleased with my Canon so far. I would definitely suggest it, even with the noise in the night shots. Here are a few examples.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34714768@N08/sets/72157613100352771/

mcjaco

While I could never miss ROE...If I ever have a second night in EPCOT, I am so going to do that.:lol: That must be utterly enchanting.:eek: EPCOT at night is phenomenal. EPCOT at night and all alone must be even better.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Fantastic, sir!

EDIT: Just got the pictures! Thanks!

You're welcome!

When you've seen ROE many times, sometimes it's nice to slip into FW and wander around while it's empty. It's very peaceful. And yes, very enchanting!

mcjaco

I have never had a Nikon, but I am quite pleased with my Canon so far. I would definitely suggest it, even with the noise in the night shots. Here are a few examples.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34714768@N08/sets/72157613100352771/

I loved my Canon, but it was never the same after a ride on Tatsu at Magic Mountain. :cry: The next round I'll go back.

Those are awesome photos! I love the one of Lincoln (I'm a bit of a Lincoln and Civil War buff as well)!

EPCOT Explorer

You're welcome!

When you've seen ROE many times, sometimes it's nice to slip into FW and wander around while it's empty. It's very peaceful. And yes, very enchanting!

Ah...Well, I need my ROE. :lol::lookaroun Especially if I only get to see it once a year. Now, if I could get to go to EPCOT for two nights...This would not be a problem.;)

EPCOT Explorer

I loved my Canon, but it was never the same after a ride on Tatsu at Magic Mountain. :cry: The next round I'll go back.

Those are awesome photos! I love the one of Lincoln (I'm a bit of a Lincoln and Civil War buff as well)!

The three of us really must start a American History/ EPCOT Center club.:lol::sohappy:

yankspy

Thanks. You and I would definitely get along. My mentor was a somewhat noted Civil War scholar. I was a history major. He was a fascinating man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom