All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcotServo

EPCOT is fine!

:sohappy:

It was SUPER crowded, so we didn't do anything, but it was too nice a day to NOT walk around Epcot. Plus we did some new Kim Possible in Germany and got some Pocky to accompany the rest of the walk around World Showcase.

Pictures Toooo-night...

hpyhnt 1000

EPCOT is fine!

It was SUPER crowded, so we didn't do anything, but it was too nice a day to NOT walk around Epcot. Plus we did some new Kim Possible in Germany and got some Pocky to accompany the rest of the walk around World Showcase.

Pictures Toooo-night...

Can't wait! Thanks for the upcoming update. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

EPCOT is fine!

Pictures Toooo-night...

*pokes you for FoN info*:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

VT GAL

Servo,

How did I know you would like Pocky? :) My favorite is strawberry...yummy!!!!

I am looking forward to the pictures!

aladdin2007

Hi everyone, just thought I would go back on topic for minute, why not now and then right? :) Anyway, rode SSE today and while there is nothing new to get hyped about here are a few little notes---

-the ascent tunnel the stars on the left side after your picture is taken, are off, overhead and on the side, yet the ones on right are on. so that new section is already broken in that area or something, it was like half and half.

-180 top, the music sounded the best it has since the thing reopened back in dec 07. It was LOUD, finally!!!

-Descent---nothing has been done per say, but I think there has been a little bit going on. The curtain wall on the right side now extends all the way to where the triangles come together in a point, and I mean right up to it, I might be wrong but I honestly dont remember the curtain wall going that close to it before.................Also, as you go further down some of the chicken wire has been removed overhead and you can now clearly see all the exposed infrastructure even easier. Hmmmm interesting.....the majority of triangles were totally off compared to before and it seems like there has been some new steel work on the right side where the model sse use to hang, its part of that arch that holds the triangles but it looks like they have been working over there as compared to before it was just covered with curtains, I could now see new cables, paneling, and new beams or poles up on what appeared to be a new built up level on that right side.

So anyway hopefully whatever it is they are doing, if anything, will be unveiled before summer.

ps; I love the new little trolls they placed everywhere outside in Norway in all the window ledges and little alcoves, and now the chimney above the store actually puts out smoke off and on. Great little feature I never remember seeing before. Now if they could just change that traffic pattern in the store from the movie exit, its a nightmare and impossible to shop!

EPCOT Explorer

Hi everyone, just thought I would go back on topic for minute, why not now and then right? :) Anyway, rode SSE today and while there is nothing new to get hyped about here are a few little notes---

-the ascent tunnel the stars on the left side after your picture is taken, are off, overhead and on the side, yet the ones on right are on. so that new section is already broken in that area or something, it was like half and half.

-180 top, the music sounded the best it has since the thing reopened back in dec 07. It was LOUD, finally!!!

-Descent---nothing has been done per say, but I think there has been a little bit going on. The curtain wall on the right side now extends all the way to where the triangles come together in a point, and I mean right up to it, I might be wrong but I honestly dont remember the curtain wall going that close to it before.................Also, as you go further down some of the chicken wire has been removed overhead and you can now clearly see all the exposed infrastructure even easier. Hmmmm interesting.....the majority of triangles were totally off compared to before and it seems like there has been some new steel work on the right side where the model sse use to hang, its part of that arch that holds the triangles but it looks like they have been working over there as compared to before it was just covered with curtains, I could now see new cables, paneling, and new beams or poles up on what appeared to be a new built up level on that right side.

So anyway hopefully whatever it is they are doing, if anything, will be unveiled before summer.

ps; I love the new little trolls they placed everywhere outside in Norway in all the window ledges and little alcoves, and now the chimney above the store actually puts out smoke off and on. Great little feature I never remember seeing before. Now if they could just change that traffic pattern in the store from the movie exit, its a nightmare and impossible to shop!

Update!:sohappy: You shoulda made a whole new thread! :lol:

Letsee...

Odd about the stars. Don't know if that's a malfunction or work?:lookaroun

WOOHOO for MUSIC!:sohappy: Now just pump up the rest of the score and SSE gains a MAJOR step.

Odd stuff in the Descent...I wonder why the Tri's are off. And new metal work? Sounds promising.

Thanks so much Aladdin!:sohappy:

aladdin2007

Oh I forgot, the stars werent the only thing off. The rennaisance music was totally off, The violin and mandolin player were even playing but not a sound of any music through that whole section. So that too was odd. Still the music outside and in the loading is non existant. Always worked before the rehab, why cant it work now?!?!

EPCOT Explorer

Oh I forgot, the stars werent the only thing off. The rennaisance music was totally off, The violin and mandolin player were even playing but not a sound of any music through that whole section. So that too was odd. Still the music outside and in the loading is non existant. Always worked before the rehab, why cant it work now?!?!

:dazzle:Damnit. That stinks. I wonder if it's them tinkering around, or just problems at a year later. :zipit: Suckage.

HMF

Original Poster
More news about whether Tony Baxter really created Figment. Another board which shall remain annonymous is accusing Tony of being a liar on numerous fronts.

hpyhnt 1000

Thanks for the SSE update, aladdin! :wave:

I don't get what the big deal with the music is. You turn a to control the output of volume. :zipit: Honestly, is it really that hard to turn the volume up and keep it there??? :brick:

And those opening ascent fiber optics have always been on and off from what I've seen. Really, they are what they are. Personally, I hope there is something a bit more impressive behind them. I still want those cool blue light bars to be there and working, Those looked really cool IMHO. :)

Captain Hank

Hey all, I was just at Epcot today and noticed something. The SSE exterior lighting system looked different to me. The arrays seemed to be quite a bit larger than I recall, and looked shiny and new. I was with some other people, and didn't want them to think that I was totally insane for taking pictures of random lighting rigs on the tops of buildings, so no pics this time around. I'll try to get some photos in the semi-near future.

I could be totally wrong about this, as I haven't really spent much time staring at the lighting rigs, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads-up just in case it is new.

hpyhnt 1000

Hey all, I was just at Epcot today and noticed something. The SSE exterior lighting system looked different to me. The arrays seemed to be quite a bit larger than I recall, and looked shiny and new. I was with some other people, and didn't want them to think that I was totally insane for taking pictures of random lighting rigs on the tops of buildings, so no pics this time around. I'll try to get some photos in the semi-near future.

I could be totally wrong about this, as I haven't really spent much time staring at the lighting rigs, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads-up just in case it is new.

Ohhhh, you have to let your true colors as an Epcot Fanboy geek person shine through and take the pics. If not for you, for the rest of us... :D :lol:

Thanks for the info, though. Interesting to hear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom