All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernonpush

:dazzle::dazzle: So. Damn. Slow.

Agreed...In WS they are a snap. Only way I can make it to a ADR or the last AA show without getting distracted.:lookaroun:lol:

You get a nice different view of the Pav's as well.

I'll have to try that sometime. Never been on the WS boats.

hpyhnt 1000

It seems to me like they should be able to do an express FriendShip between International Gateway and Hollywood Studios, 'cuz that's only a half hour trip because of all of the Resort stops. It seems like there is little enough water traffic along there that it shouldn't be a problem.

Its funny that you should mention that because I think they were somewhat doing just that last time I was there. They had three of four of the usual boats going back and forth stopping at the resorts, and then there was an additional Friendship that looked like it was just kind of going back and forth between IG and DHS. From what I could hear on the radio, it seemed to be like a back-up ship in the event one of the two docks was getting to be too crowded. :shrug:

And while walking is faster, I enjoy a journey on the Friendships. They are like another attraction for me. :D

VT GAL

Captain Crunch was driving/piloting (I am not sure what you call it as I am not hip to boating lingo) our Friendship around WS in May...he was much taller in person...:)

mcjaco

Just returned from my week long trip.

The triangles were all turned off all week. :lookaroun

I saw no curtain movement, however. :p

EPCOT Explorer

Just returned from my week long trip.

The triangles were all turned off all week. :lookaroun

I saw no curtain movement, however. :p

All? As in no glow at all? Odd.:drevil::lol:

I am so sorry you did not get to see the Moving of the Curtains. They are flighty beings.:lookaroun

WB, BTW:D

mcjaco

All? As in no glow at all? Odd.

None at all on Tuesday. First half was off Friday, second half was barely glowing. And I mean, barely. As in, I couldn't tell if ambient light was making them glow.

I also thought that the purple lights on the decent were infinity mirrors. After be stuck in the descent, I noticed that they're all strings.

Learn something new everyday!

EPCOT Explorer

None at all on Tuesday. First half was off Friday, second half was barely glowing. And I mean, barely. As in, I couldn't tell if ambient light was making them glow.

I also thought that the purple lights on the decent were infinity mirrors. After be stuck in the descent, I noticed that they're all strings.

Ahhh...That is interesting. Wonder why?

hpyhnt 1000

Yep, they're a bunch of LEDs hung on wires. Pretty neat when you think about it. I wonder if they would sway back and forth if they are touched... :lookaroun

And thanks for the triangle/curtain update! :lol: :wave:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They look more like fixed rods with wiring and LEDs on them to prevent swaying (something that would happen in the core)

Good news about dark triangles :)

EPCOT Explorer

They look more like fixed rods with wiring and LEDs on them to prevent swaying (something that would happen in the core)

Oooooh...That could be what I saw at the botom of the tunnel as well.:lol: Something to hold the rod.

and

*fanboy giggle*:lol::lol::sohappy::sohappy:

hpyhnt 1000

Okay, what is meant by that? (I know you probably won't/can't answer, but I have to ask anyway... :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom