Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

Disney Lover Addie

I think this is an option for kids who do not want to go on SDD. Also, the rides that they promoted a lot were TSMM and SDD. It’s not like they wanted people to think of this attraction when they think of Hollywood Studios.

Crissilou

Toy Storyland is for children, not thrill seekers. If you do not approve of Alien Spin and Slinky Dog Dash, then do not ride it. Keep your negativity to yourself. There are those of us that like to enjoy the escape and magic of all things Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Toy Storyland is for children, not thrill seekers. If you do not approve of Alien Spin and Slinky Dog Dash, then do not ride it. Keep your negativity to yourself. There are those of us that like to enjoy the escape and magic of all things Disney.

I don’t think anyone is not “approving of it”...at least most.

MGM needs these types of rides...but it also needs more of them and other types of rides to handle the impending predictions of crowds run amok.

And magic is not real...so there’s that too...

If you want escapism...I have no problem with that...nor do most. But the problem is when you tell those more grounded to shut up...why, exactly, is that somehow a better approach?

CaptainAmerica

And magic is not real...so there’s that too...
vlzXHlv.gif

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You’re comparing apples to oranges which is why it’s pointless. For what Toy Story land is the budget was very significant. I’m discarding your point because it’s silly.

Just because I can spend $20,000 to renovate my bathroom doesn’t mean I should pay $20,000 for a new front door.

I'm not comparing apples to oranges though. Also, I need to purchase two #2 pencils and my budget is $10. That's a huge budget for two pencils. The budget was sufficient for what they created when they built Toy Story Land, but compared to other projects it was trivial. I indicated that they could have done so much more with a larger budget, and that's true. How does their budget compare to Pandora if you must have apples and apples?

If you don't enjoy forums that have active discussions, you're welcome to go back to Disboards.

Lensman

Just because I can spend $20,000 to renovate my bathroom doesn’t mean I should pay $20,000 for a new front door.
I think your bathroom is nicer than my bathroom.

I agree with your point, though. As well, it's not how much you spend on an attraction that determines whether it's successful, it's how much everyone likes it. You don't have to max out the accelerometer to max out the fun.

I think both Saucers and Dash have to be taken in context with Battle Escape and Falcon. Viewed together as 4 additional attractions, they represent a good mix of "levels". Having Saucers in TSL means we don't have to have First Order Teacups in SW:GE.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The entire concept is similar. Three levels of guests entering a large screen on a platform. The differences are not that significant. Sure, the mechanics and programming are different but that's what I alluded to in my comment when I said refreshed and shuffled.

Bleh.. by that logic Soarin was just a rehash of BTTF.. which we know its nothing like it.

Yes they are simulators.. and yes they use a shared theatre... but they pretty much diverge completely from there.

halltd

I loved Aliens. The music was cool and the whip action of the ride makes me giggle like a little kid. This is better than a Dumbo or Aladdin any day! And I love the alien voices during load, safety, and unload. If you complain about this ride, just stay home, you won’t enjoy anything your entire day.

Two thumbs up from me!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Harry Potter land changed the way Disney thinks now. They want to build “lands” in many cases and focus more on the land itself rather than the attractions/rides etc. because of that we get less rides and the ones we do get may be on the cheaper side as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom