Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

CaptainJackNO

A glorified Teacups...........really? And all of these Fastpasses have been gone. All that money and time, and one of the anchor attractions is a glorified teacups:mad:

Kamikaze

A glorified Teacups...........really? And all of these Fastpasses have been gone. All that money and time, and one of the anchor attractions is a glorified teacups:mad:

It definitely isn't an 'anchor attraction'. The land has three rides. TSM, SDD, and this. TSM is the main attraction, SDD is the next level, and this is the additional ride.

That doesn't make it good, but its not supposed to be the one that draws people in.

Also, how are you just finding out what this was? We've known for literally years it was going to be a clone of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

CaptainJackNO

It definitely isn't an 'anchor attraction'. The land has three rides. TSM, SDD, and this. TSM is the main attraction, SDD is the next level, and this is the additional ride.

That doesn't make it good, but its not supposed to be the one that draws people in.

I guess I mis-spoke (typed?) lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Also, how are you just finding out what this was? We've known for literally years it was going to be a clone of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

I got an insider tip: midway Mania opened in 2009! ...get your fastpasses for the “anchor” attraction now!

Ok...to be fair: there isn’t an “anchor” ride and they never said there would be...so it’s up to the customers to see what this is and not wait hours for C and D tickets.

wdwgreek

Wait are people disappointed because it is exactly what they said it would be a clone of matter? We have known for over a year exactly what we are getting a clone B ticket flat ride. There is nothing wrong with the ride itself, its fine, its a simple flat ride. This is not an anchor attraction, but a side attraction. We can discuss what we wish they built insteasd, but don't knock the ride for being itself. Flat rides are ok, basic simple attractions are ok, not everything needs to be a huge headliner. Do I wish the land had another attraction yes, if it was another flat ride think fliks flyers, that would have been cool. Any way that's my thought- rant over-

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Wait are people disappointed because it is exactly what they said it would be a clone of matter? We have known for over a year exactly what we are getting a clone B ticket flat ride. There is nothing wrong with the ride itself, its fine, its a simple flat ride. This is not an anchor attraction, but a side attraction. We can discuss what we wish they built insteasd, but don't knock the ride for being itself. Flat rides are ok, basic simple attractions are ok, not everything needs to be a huge headliner. Do I wish the land had another attraction yes, if it was another flat ride think fliks flyers, that would have been cool. Any way that's my thought- rant over-

Why build good rides when you can just flood the parks with bad ones. Doesn't matter that they said it would be a clone of another ride, it matters that it's not innovative or even good. When Dumbo is a better attraction, you might be missing the mark. :joyfull:

To be fair though, it's still better than Fast n Furious. :joyfull:

wdwgreek

Why build good rides when you can just flood the parks with bad ones. Doesn't matter that they said it would be a clone of another ride, it matters that it's not innovative or even good. When Dumbo is a better attraction, you might be missing the mark. :joyfull:

To be fair though, it's still better than Fast n Furious. :joyfull:
I don't think its a bad attraction. Matter is not a bad attraction either. they are what they are and they fill their purpose well.

djkidkaz

If I had to compare Alien to anything I’ve ever ridden before I would not compare it to tea cups but more in line with the Tilt-A-Whirl at your local carnival. It has those moments of swinging you around a turn where everyone in the cart is being pressed against each other. I’m not saying that as a knock on the ride because as a kid I loved the Tilt-A-Whirl.
63FB47B0-033F-433E-8782-78E6A373AE51.jpeg

Kamikaze

I got an insider tip: midway Mania opened in 2009! ...get your fastpasses for the “anchor” attraction now!

Ok...to be fair: there isn’t an “anchor” ride and they never said there would be...so it’s up to the customers to see what this is and not wait hours for C and D tickets.

So? That doesn't make a difference. Its the big ride of the land. Whether or not you use the term 'anchor' doesn't matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom