Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're delusional if you think TSM is a C ticket.

Just because a ride isn't new doesn't mean it isn't a good attraction.

It’s a video game on turntables...men in Black 2.0

Now see...here’s where it starts: I LIKE midway...it’s neat. But don’t call me crazy for identifying it as NOT a groundbreaking ride. It’s not worth hours...

It’s an opinion...I try to call things realistically.

By the way...how’s Star Wars doing? Building on that strong foundation Genious Johnson built? (See...sometimes I do know what I’m looking at...I haven’t even had a beer yet)

SuperStretccch

If I had to compare Alien to anything I’ve ever ridden before I would not compare it to tea cups but more in line with the Tilt-A-Whirl at your local carnival. It has those moments of swinging you around a turn where everyone in the cart is being pressed against each other. I’m not saying that as a knock on the ride because as a kid I loved the Tilt-A-Whirl.
View attachment 292896

I loved the Tilt-a-Whirl too! Always enjoyed when we would get a really loose car and it would be spinning round-and-round almost the entire duration of the ride.

This seems similar to that experience, although from the POV, it doesn't seem to go as fast as I expected. But of course, I have no doubt that it'll be more enjoyable to ride it in person.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Actually it technically wasn’t. Sure the concept of flying is similar. But the ride systems and execution is not comparable.

The entire concept is similar. Three levels of guests entering a large screen on a platform. The differences are not that significant. Sure, the mechanics and programming are different but that's what I alluded to in my comment when I said refreshed and shuffled.

UO is guilty of the same thing lately. There's very little actual innovation. At WDW, Magic bands were far more innovative than any of their recent ride tech.

peter11435

The entire concept is similar. Three levels of guests entering a large screen on a platform. The differences are not that significant. Sure, the mechanics and programming are different but that's what I alluded to in my comment when I said refreshed and shuffled.

UO is guilty of the same thing lately. There's very little actual innovation. At WDW, Magic bands were far more innovative than any of their recent ride tech.

I agreed the concept is similar. But the ride system and execution is different which is what makes it innovative.

By your logic Shanghai’s pirates is not innovative because it’s the same concept as It’s a small world.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I agreed the concept is similar. But the ride system and execution is different which is what makes it innovative.

By your logic Shanghai’s pirates is not innovative because it’s the same concept as It’s a small world.

Correct, although I'd withhold judgement since I haven't ridden Pirates in Shanghai. My opinion is simply that they could do far better if they invested more.

Bob Harlem

Forbidden Journey? Gringotts is extremely complex and new tech, and the driverless vehicles of Kong & FF are pretty innovative, even if FF's content and use of said vehicles is crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom