Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

mikejs78

Premium Member
Actually FOP - which is an excellent simulator ride - isn’t that innovative.

It takes some established technologies and adds twists and integration that makes a good ride. It’s not really soarin...it’s actually more akin to back to the future or Simpson’s at universal and adds the hydraulic platforms and effects to it.

Very well done...but not trend setting.

Innovation has actually been somewhat down across the board...definitely in Orlando. The golden age of innnovation was probably 1985-2000...when Disney had the classic imagineering mentality (if we can dream it...you know the rest), universal had come on the scene, AB parks were expanding and well run, and the regional parks were letting B&M, Vekoma, Intamin, etc outdeul each other...

Considering the advance in computer control systems, VR, interfaces, Computer aided construction and Design...we SHOULD be getting more than we are...
Fair points, but from the sound of it, the attractions coming on next year all seem innovative.

Fantasmicguy

The two SW:GE attractions are the very definition of E-Ticket. MRR is debatable, but since it stars the Mouse himself, it gets a push in that direction. Guardians definitely. Tron definitely.

So 4 new E-tickets opening in the next few years. What are the last four to open before these 4? FoP, SDMT, FEA, Everest? Thats calling FEA an E-ticket. Everest opened in 2006. Meaning it took 12 years to get those four open, and we're going to see 4 new ones in a roughly two year period. If you don't count FEA, then you're going back to 2003 for M:S. Point being this is an unprecedented build out for WDW. Like I said you can debate MRR, but if you count Frozen, you have to count MRR. And MRR makes 5 E-tickets opening from say mid 2019 to some time in 2021. I'm just assuming they will have Tron open for the 50th.
What is FEA?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Frozen Ever After is a C in the same way Peter Pan's Flight is a C. It's a very popular ride and people inflate it to a scale that's higher than reality. There is nothing wrong with C tickets, but in both cases it seems like the rides were underbuilt and should have been D's or E's.
I think a case can be made that FEA is a D. Were it in Fantasyland, it would be the best dark ride there by a decent margin, given the effects, animatronics, and scope. It's a step up in scale from Pan, Pooh, and Little Mermaid. Unless we start calling things C+, I don't think it can be in the same category as the other Fantasyland Dark rides.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I think a case can be made that FEA is a D. Were it in Fantasyland, it would be the best dark ride there by a decent margin, given the effects, animatronics, and scope. It's a step up in scale from Pan, Pooh, and Little Mermaid. Unless we start calling things C+, I don't think it can be in the same category as the other Fantasyland Dark rides.
I concur.

RSoxNo1

The scale of Mermaid is substantially better than Frozen Ever After. Doesn’t mean the ride is better, but the scale is there for Mermaid.

Rich T

Keep your negativity to yourself. There are those of us that like to enjoy the escape and magic of all things Disney.
Forums are for *all* opinions. This is America. Personally, I think Slinky's a win, though I'm not crazy about the land itself (too many giant, lifeless statues). And, Crissilou, that phrase "all things Disney" can be dangerous. Disney isn't what it used to be. It's now a giant mega-coporation that exists to make money. Enjoy the heck out of the awesome creations that individual artists and engineers create under that banner, but don't worship a corporation. The corporation only cares about your wallet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom