Alien Swirling Saucers rider experience and comments

Kamikaze

Yes...they are needed...

But no...they are not

The two SW:GE attractions are the very definition of E-Ticket. MRR is debatable, but since it stars the Mouse himself, it gets a push in that direction. Guardians definitely. Tron definitely.

So 4 new E-tickets opening in the next few years. What are the last four to open before these 4? FoP, SDMT, FEA, Everest? Thats calling FEA an E-ticket. Everest opened in 2006. Meaning it took 12 years to get those four open, and we're going to see 4 new ones in a roughly two year period. If you don't count FEA, then you're going back to 2003 for M:S. Point being this is an unprecedented build out for WDW. Like I said you can debate MRR, but if you count Frozen, you have to count MRR. And MRR makes 5 E-tickets opening from say mid 2019 to some time in 2021. I'm just assuming they will have Tron open for the 50th.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Harry Potter land changed the way Disney thinks now. They want to build “lands” in many cases and focus more on the land itself rather than the attractions/rides etc. because of that we get less rides and the ones we do get may be on the cheaper side as well.

Not sure if thats necessarily true. Nothing we are getting after SW:GE is a 'land', just additional rides in existing areas.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The two SW:GE attractions are the very definition of E-Ticket. MRR is debatable, but since it stars the Mouse himself, it gets a push in that direction. Guardians definitely. Tron definitely.

So 4 new E-tickets opening in the next few years. What are the last four to open before these 4? FoP, SDMT, FEA, Everest? Thats calling FEA an E-ticket. Everest opened in 2006. Meaning it took 12 years to get those four open, and we're going to see 4 new ones in a roughly two year period. If you don't count FEA, then you're going back to 2003 for M:S. Point being this is an unprecedented build out for WDW. Like I said you can debate MRR, but if you count Frozen, you have to count MRR. And MRR makes 5 E-tickets opening from say mid 2019 to some time in 2021. I'm just assuming they will have Tron open for the 50th.

However...it’s all catch up from the Iger era of stagnation...

I’m not saying they aren’t building things...they are. The question is: is it just catchup?...and by 2020-25 will that make the experience better or will it have just kicked the cab down the road?

Time will tell.

Last edited:

RMichael21

I was able to ride Swirling Saucers this morning with a 5 minute wait just after riding Slinky Dog. I found the ride to be a nice attraction that served its purpose in the land. Sure, it would have been nice to have a few more rides like it, but I appreciate quality over quantity.

The ride itself was nice, but very rough. I noticed that the seams in the floor aren’t quite smoothed over, so whenever we traveled over one it jostled the vehicle. Also, there’s several scuff marks on the floor already!

Because we rode so early this morning (around 6:15), it was still partially dark out. The lighting package is great, as well as the music.

This ride is perfectly enjoyable, but I wouldn’t wait over 20 minutes for it. Hopefully once the crowds move over to SWL next year, this attraction won’t have such a long wait.

JohnyKaz2078

Alien-Swirling-Saucers-2.jpg

It's a fun ride on a fun land. It could have definitely been something better but there is no reason to act like Disney just opened "Superstar Limo 2.0".

phillip9698

It’s also a decade old...which means the mentality of the custumer is in question. It’s also a C ticket at most that shouldn’t have a 90 minute wait...but we’re back to square one...

The thought that the length of wait should somehow be tied to the ticket level of the ride is just absurd to me. You don't need a state of the art multimillion dollar ride like FoP to drum up interest and have a ride that is customer satisfying. TSMM is fun and the customers love it, therfore the wait is justified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom