Alcohol Around The World!

Timmay

We always do the game as well...the only constants being a Bass with my fish 'n chips in the UK and a Carlsberg in Norway...all else is subject to change depending on my mood.

I can't remember if China has Tsingtao or not...anyone know?

We have never had a problem with it. Being from a high altitude, you can pretty much drink like a fish at sea level and have no, um, problems.:slurp:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
This damn thread has just stumbled across my screen.

Highlighting the dangers of binge posting. Kids just say, to the top barman.

TIME

CBOMB

Africa????:snore:
They had a very enjoyable Ale when I was there in February. I can't remember the name, I believe it was made at a local Micro-Brewery. Also 20oz. for around $6.00 dollars is a bargain in Epcot. I suggest everyone give it a try. If you don't like it you can look me up, and beat the crap out of me.:lol:

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
They had a very enjoyable Ale when I was there in February. I can't remember the name, I believe it was made at a local Micro-Brewery. Also 20oz. for around $6.00 dollars is a bargain in Epcot. I suggest everyone give it a try. If you don't like it you can look me up, and beat the crap out of me.:lol:

I didn't even know there was an Africa! Where is this and is there any other countries I have missed?

$6.00 in a Disney park is a deal. I will have to try it...an if I dont like, you better hide!:lol:

Gorjus

he got a pint of German beer (don't remember the type, but it was wheat)

It was Franziskanner (sp?) Weiss beer. Don't forget the lemon. As mentioned earlier, Germany has Spaten Optimator. It is similar to Guinness. Not exact, but the best comparison I could come up with.

As for drinking around the world, I am a huge fan. Even if a country doesn't have signature alcohol, they will have wine from California at their booth around the lagoon.

When I go around the world, I choose one day to do just beer and one day for wine (if I have time I'll assign one day to red and one to white).

I have discovered, though, to my wallet's joy, that I do not enjoy most German, Italian, and French wines available at Epcot. Big fan of all the other wines though at the F&W fest. My wallet also loves the fact that anything lighter than a Sam Adams tastes like carbonated P to me. I don't care what country it is from, all yellow beers taste the same to me...yuck.

My problem with drinking is that I can handle lots of alcohol as long as it is one kind. I can not mix drinks nor have alcohol and sugar without a massive headache. So, when it comes to trying out the mixed drinks, I can really only have one a day and to be honest, the mixed drinks at WS are too weak for my taste; yummy, but too weak. I end up having to buy another shot at the UK to supplement my drink.

God bless those of you who can go from tequila to beer to wine to sake to limoncello to more beer. I would need 4 advil to make it through that.

mpoppins76

Does anyone know if they've started serving alcohol in MK?! I could've swore it will still the only park that didn't serve, but we were there last weekend and saw a guy walking around in Adventurland w/ one of those "yard-of-beer" bong-type glasses, like you get in Vegas. :veryconfu

CBOMB

I didn't even know there was an Africa! Where is this and is there any other countries I have missed?

$6.00 in a Disney park is a deal. I will have to try it...an if I dont like, you better hide!:lol:
Go to the African Outpost at the back of the World Showcase Lagoon, between China, and Germany. You will find all the adult beverages at the snack bar there. They will let you have a small sample of it if you ask. I can't run very fast so I have become very proficient at hiding.:D

living dead!

for Germany, go for Becks.

as for me, next year for my birthday im hoping to get down there to drink around the world. such a sweet way to celebrate!

Maria

Fiesta margarita in Mexico (lime, kiwi, mango, & strawberry).

Salud!! :slurp:
This is my "am I going to drink it all??" (with an empty stomach for many hours!) It was a lot of fun! :lol: :D

s_Camera_026-A.jpg

BoyXE

Thats more of a desert than a drink. Looks a bit girly to me.:animwink:

Don't underestimate the gal nor the colorful drink she's carrying...while it tends to be hit or miss, those things can be TOXIC. Someone back there can get pretty generous with the tequila, I had one once that had me pretty close to hammered after only downing a little over half of it.

snakeislandboy

I recommend the Large mug of [SIZE=-1]Spaten Optimator[/SIZE] in Germany. If you're really in for a challenge, they serve it in what can only be described as a bucket with a handle in the [SIZE=-1]Biergarten[/SIZE]. [SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

cb3k

My friends and I try to go at least once a week to the world, and have had a couple of "around the world" attempts. I never seem to make it past the UK (and I start in CANADA!). Something about the Rose and Crown draws me in and never lets me go. The Guinness there is incredible, but if you want something unique and refreshing order a "snakebite" (it is Harps Lager mixed with Strongbow Cider). It is not that I am a lightweight, it is that I ended up sitting in the dark pub for hours. I am really envious of all of you from the other side of the pond I must say. Although I am sure that you must be pretty jealous as well seeing as I live in Orlando. Anyways...The Rose and Crown is a must do, but if you are a sucker for English pubs and the ambience associated with it...then make this one of your last stops, because you will not want to leave.

RiversideBunny

Something about the Rose and Crown draws me in and never lets me go. The Guinness there is incredible, .

I've only had good Guinness in Ireland.
Anytime I buy it here in the US in bottles it doesn't taste right.
They say that 'Guinness doesn't travel well'.

Does the Rose and Crown bring it in direct from the factory?

:)

Pooh88

We usually go to WDW during the food and wine fest in november. Ive made it around the world drinking. Of Course theres a few more stops than usual, but the food helps alot. The Weather in November is a little bit cooler, specially in the evening hours , so that helps out a bit. We start in Mexico, and finnish it off with a little Off-Kilter In canada. What Great time! Cant wait for November! :sohappy:

Heaven on Earth!! That's us this October!:slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom