Alcohol Around The World!

mikey

Thanks for the tips on the Margarita Bar and also Italy's Frozen Margarita. Those are two I wasn't aware of, and they're on the list now for August.

If you'd like something really light, refreshing, and perfect for summer let me suggest a Mojito at the Tambu Lounge at The Polynesian Resort. I think they actually serve the same recipe at other resorts, but I can only claim experience with this one.

Also, at Kona Cafe at Polynesian, the best Bloody Mary around, but it's spicy! The Wasabi Mary. Salud!

mikey

Kristi Kay

I'm so glad someone started this....Several Friends and I are doing this on Oct. 5th for mine (and Epcots). We've got it all planned out and we're going Mexico Thru Canada straight...It should be a fun day...lol...We've even made t-shirts celebrating the occasion.

Front of the Shirt:
shirt3.jpg

Back:
goodshirt.jpg

:sohappy:

jakeman

I guess it really depends on the reason you are wanting to drink around the world. If it is to experience the difference products of each country then more power too you. If it is just to drink, there are far less expensive places to do so. Just my opinion.

Of course, I am a beer snob so that probably has something to do with it! :lol:

In Germany, I would recommend Spaten Optimater. It is by far my favorite beer. You can get it from the beer stand outside.

Do the 1/2 yard Bass's have more or less beer than a normal glass? If more, then you might want to consider a normal size glass to facilitate your progression around the world.

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
Well, as a canadian, from Montreal, Quebec, (where the Labatt Bleue is from), I would say go with a Molson, Molson Export if available. Labatt Bleue is a cheap beer that tastes horrible, IMHO, especially the light one... In Quebec, its popular mainly because, in french, "bleue" means blue, which is the color of Quebec's flag... But still, as a french canadian (I'd rather say québécoise!), as attached to that flag as I am, I still wouldn't drink that horrible Labatt Bleue... So go with a Molson, a pretty good canadian beer!

LOL ill have to add it to my list and try both! Thanks for the advice!

philsfan2185

Yuengling Lager needs to be served at the American Adventure instead of Skudweiser :hurl: . Yuengling Brewery (located in Pottsville, PA) is the oldest brewery in America and it crafts a fantastic beer! They also opened a brewery in Tampa a few years ago, so it wouldn't be difficult to get a hold of.

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
I'm so glad someone started this....Several Friends and I are doing this on Oct. 5th for mine (and Epcots). We've got it all planned out and we're going Mexico Thru Canada straight...It should be a fun day...lol...We've even made t-shirts celebrating the occasion.

Front of the Shirt:
shirt3.jpg

Back:
goodshirt.jpg

Those are really kool shirts

I loved the Stella Artois I got on tap at Epcot.
Funny, I can't remember where I bought it from.
It must have been after the Dos Equis from Mexico
and the Harp I drank at the Rose and Crown.
I think Stella is Begian, so I guess it was in Norway.

bugsbunny

Not sure.. but I want to know if anyone's ever been able to go to World Showcase, have a frothy beverage at each pavilion and make it back to their room.... So far, I start at Mexico and can't make it past American Adventure. Something about alcohol and that lovely central Florida sun.

lol

I drank 4 half yards of Harp and Guinness at UK; a big (i have no idea what size) Sam Adams in America; a 42 oz Becks Octoberfest in Germany; and a multi-colored margarita thingy in Mexico. I was going to stop for sake in Japan, but thought better of mixing that with beer drinking. The only reason I drank the thing in Mexico was becuase my wife drank 1/2 of hers, got tipsy, and couldn't finish it. I guess it probably came out to about 12 to 14 normal size beers if you do the math.

I was staying in Ft Wilderness with a bunch of guys from my firehouse and I needed help getting off the bus once we got back. Not very proud of the fact...but what the hell! I was on vacation. :ROFLOL:

But I don't condone binge drinking or think that people should encourage this. I simply drank a lot of beer in UK and once we started making the rounds to the other countries, I kept getting refills.

One thing I did try to do was get the guy in Germany to fill my half-yard from UK with Becks. It would barely fit under the tap, so he filled the cup instead. And then once he poured the contents into the half-yard, I ended up with a full half-yard and about a 1/4 of the cup he would have gave me. S

So if you ever wondered, the biggest beer they serve in Germany is actually bigger than the half-yard in UK by quite a bit.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Stella is known as "wife beater" on this sceptered isle, and yes it is Belgian, but Id rather have a Becks, and even that is not one of the better German ales. As for Bass its an old mans drink, a sort of comedy heritage beer a bit like Watneys red barrel used to be in European holiday resorts.
Besides I drink Corona, from that well known Scottish county.

WDWFigment

What is "France: Vin" and why is it only $2.95?? I guess this brings up another good topic for those looking to drink around the world affordably. What are the cheapest (alcoholic) drinks in WS?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...

They serve Stella at Rose & Crown.

philsfan2185 said:
Yuengling Lager needs to be served at the American Adventure instead of Skudweiser :hurl: . Yuengling Brewery (located in Pottsville, PA) is the oldest brewery in America and it crafts a fantastic beer! They also opened a brewery in Tampa a few years ago, so it wouldn't be difficult to get a hold of.

Amen brother. Take the brewery tour in Tampa. Great people there.

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Stella is known as "wife beater" on this sceptered isle

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

RyanS

I'm planning a spring break trip for March, and I will be 21 by then, so this will definitely be something to do since I love World Showcase and will finally be old enough to experience everything the countries have to offer. Tastefully of course :)

csmat99

Stella is Belgian but it's sold in England both outside and inside the pub.

cm1988

Beer nostalgia

No longer available -

Ringnes at Norway
Tennents at U.K.
Moosehead at Canada

Ah, well. As previously noted, the beer selection remains great. Also as noted, caution advised in attempting a "trip around the world". Be sure you are staying on property and using Disney transportation (and take a seat away from families with small children). Better yet, walk over from your room at the Boardwalk or Yacht & Beach.

Sometimes worth staggering out the back gate to enjoy what's on tap at ESPN and at Big River.

A little plug and slight thread drift follows...

If you and your designated driver are near the train station downtown Orlando, consider dropping by the Orlando Brewing Company... a new local operation. They just have a tap room now, open 7 days, with tours on weekdays... but the beer is great. They even have a few good import taps as well.

Cheers!

mayoki

Front of the Shirt:
shirt3.jpg

Back:
goodshirt.jpg

That shirt is AWESOME!!! I saw one group's shirts that had Boxes next to each country and they would check off each others shirts with a Sharpie after each country. But, yours are far superior with the use of the different Fonts. Niiice.

However, I must recommend the reverse order. I always end in Mexico with Nachos and Dos Equis, then a ride on Test Track!!!

BSikor

Perfect afternoon: The Pastisserie in France for a Cheese Plate then cross the plaza to get a glass of Vouvray wine or a Kir Royale. Sitting in the garden or along the fountain and relaxing is the best.

Well, I'm off of work for the next two days so I guess I know what I'll be doing now.

That sounds good.

bugsbunny

I remember a year or 2 ago, I was in the Back Lot area of MGM. I stopped at the counter serice place there and behold, they had Yuengling on tap!!

Had it there the last trip I made in Dec 06, too. So I have no idea why you can't get it in other places around WDW. You can get Sam Adams (most of the time, it seems) at the America pavillion at Epcot, but they should offer some other REAL beers. Yeah, its great that people drink light beer, but I want my thirst to be quenched with some REAL beer while on vacation. Not some watered down pale crap.

And to the person that mentioned about Stella Artois. They have it on tap outside the Rose & Crown.

And to the person that mentioned about Bass being an "old mans drink". That reminds me of a story an Irish born friend of mine told me. WHen I told him I like Harp lager, he replied "Ugh! You mean that stuff that comes in blue and white cans?" Well, here in "the States", I get it in bottles, but yes, that is how it is labled.

He replied "Over here in Ireland, the only people who drink Harp are homeless people and young punks with no money that ________ under canal bridges!". :ROFLOL: Apparently, if you want to be in the young hip crowd over in the UK, you walk around with a bottle of Budweiser!

How ironic is it that the beer we think is just everyday blah juice is what people in another country want to be seen with....and vice versa? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom