Alcohol Around The World!

CThaddeus

The watermelon drink from China in Club Cool (yeah, I know. You're going for alcoholic stuff. Don't drink them, don't think Disney Parks should serve them; so that's my answer).

nickbrec

Drinks around the world...

Not sure.. but I want to know if anyone's ever been able to go to World Showcase, have a frothy beverage at each pavilion and make it back to their room.... So far, I start at Mexico and can't make it past American Adventure. Something about alcohol and that lovely central Florida sun.

lol

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
Not sure.. but I want to know if anyone's ever been able to go to World Showcase, have a frothy beverage at each pavilion and make it back to their room.... So far, I start at Mexico and can't make it past American Adventure. Something about alcohol and that lovely central Florida sun.

lol

LOL Thats my goal in September! Right now im trying to find out whats good and whats in each country!

westie

During the food and wine festival, doing beers or wines arround epcot is nice. I remember a polish beer being really good. Also, oh geez, whats the name, the house specialty at the Adventurers Club? you get to keep the cup and all the insults that go with it!

Pippa

I said it before and I'll say it again......

Kungaloosh! from the Adventurers Club

Blackberry Brandy
Capt Morgans Original Spiced Rum
Orange Juice
Strawberry Juice
Crushed Ice

Delicious!

Captain Hank

It's a toss-up between Smart Watermelon at Club Cool and Frunch at Boma.

I don't drink, but my roommates last summer did. They managed to get almost all the way around World Showcase, just skipping the American Adventure. We all started out about 6:00 and made it to Canada in time to ride Test Track once (I rode in a different car...just in case) and make it back to WS promenade for Illuminations.

The official drink of the Adventurer's Club is the Kungaloosh.

daverube

I run by the rule of "out of the bottle and into Dave," so I don't really drink mixed drinks. In fact, the wife and I drink much more wine now than anything else. However, on a hot day at the World, its great to grab a Carlsberg beer in Norway, take a seat on one of the benches facing the waterway and watch the Friendship go by.

As you are planning on mass consumption, if you stick with beer and only have one per pavillion, you should be able to make it around the world a couple of times during the day....just pace yourself....and make sure you start with a Guinness in England, go back to Canada (if you can get served there....I don't recall)....and then do the rest of the WS...

Just remember, lots of kids out there have never had an experience with a drunken idiot and you don't want to be their first...

my 2 cents...

dave

Kadee

:lol: I could not imagine drinking around the world. I am such a whimp. I started with a Fiesta Margarita in Mexico and didn't finish it until Morroco so I got a daquari. Two drinks are my limit for around the world. I've always wanted to try one from every country, but there is no way I would make it back to the room......or even the exit of Epcot...:lookaroun Told ya....I'm a whimp when it comes to drinking.

Surf Fish2285

Original Poster
:lol: I could not imagine drinking around the world. I am such a whimp. I started with a Fiesta Margarita in Mexico and didn't finish it until Morroco so I got a daquari. Two drinks are my limit for around the world. I've always wanted to try one from every country, but there is no way I would make it back to the room......or even the exit of Epcot...:lookaroun Told ya....I'm a whimp when it comes to drinking.

You have to build up to every country. If I tryed that my first time, I would have fallen into the World Showcase Lagoon.

crassmonkey

Im glad someone decided to post this. I will be doing the "Drink around the world" on my birthday in Sept. I am very excited, but not sure how far I will make it, since Im getting old these days and dont have the tolerance i used to!
Cheers!!

daverube

Im glad someone decided to post this. I will be doing the "Drink around the world" on my birthday in Sept. I am very excited, but not sure how far I will make it, since Im getting old these days and dont have the tolerance i used to!
Cheers!!

Just don't get suckered into those yards of ale and you should be fine....sometimes, drinking is like viewing great piece of art...you just need to sit and enjoy it before moving on to the next great one.

dave

dragonfox98

I think I am the only one who prefers a regular strawberry margarita (with salt) to the Fiesta Margarita! LOL

Now, I must explain that as little as I am my body just seems to absorb the alcohol and I do not get drunk - giggly, yes, drunk, no. So, that being said....

Last trip - I started off with the strawberry margarita in Mexico (hubby goes and get more should I need them and we are all the way across WS - gotta love that man!), had a glass of white wine in Germany, a glass of red wine in Italy (feel in love with it and actually brought a bottle home), and tried to get a glass of champagne in France, but the kiosk was the only one that wanted cash and not my credit card. LOL

To explain further - I did not do this all in one day and did not "drink my way around the world" as intended, but, hey, I can make up for that this year when we attend the F&WF! I should also state that I don't like beer, and, therefore, that cuts down on my options in each country.

PS - great thread!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom