Aerosmith Contract Ending Soon? What's Next For Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

sittle

Initially I was under the impression that G-Force would be on par with Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Disney however is pitching this movie as a franchise, and apparently the ending of the movie is wide open for a G-Force 2.

OMG... Thank goodness.... I don't think one G-Force will be enough for me... :hurl:

RSoxNo1

1. Coaster fanatics would be riding for the coaster, not the music.
2. Coaster fanatics aren't going to RnRC.

I classify coasters in three different categories:

Unthemed
Lightly Themed
Heavily Themed

I know taking a single person doesn't necessarily speak for all coaster fanatics, but if you're looking purely for speed, classic coaster elements, etc, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is the closest thing that the unthemed coaster fanatics will find at Walt Disney World. The track, if taken outside (which exists as an outdoor coaster in Europe), isn't an overly elaborate coaster outside of the launch but the interior theming taking it to the next level. I don't think it's fair to compare it some of Six Flags' unthemed coasters as the only parallels are the fact that it's on a coaster track. It's like comparing a Sailboat to a Boston Whaler. They're both boats, they're both fun, but for different reasons.

I haven't been on every roller coaster in the country, but felt I'd experienced enough to discuss my favorite in each of the aforementioned categories. The distinction should be made.

Best Heavily Themed Coaster: Space Mountain (Disneyland, Anaheim, CA). This classic indoor roller coaster welcomed its much needed refurbishment as improved effects and a fantastic musical score makes this the best themed coaster. Space Mountain doesn’t rely on large drops or inversions to generate its thrills. They’re generated by the special effects, soundtrack, and the appearance of speed. Others that received consideration were Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, both versions of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland and Magic Kingdom), both versions of The Mummy (Universal Florida and Hollywood), and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom (In Orlando) and the Matterhorn in Disneyland did not receive consideration

Best Lightly Themed Coaster: X2 (Six Flags Magic Mountain Valencia, CA). This was the most unique roller coaster I’ve ever experienced. With onboard audio as well as fire effects I felt this constituted light theming. The ability of the seats to rotate create a terrifying experience, as well as a huge adrenaline rush. Although it doesn’t fit in this category, Tatsu, a flying coaster in the same park presents a similar experience, but riders are stationary on Tatsu, whereas they have a full range of motion on X2 making conventional coaster elements completely different. The other coasters that received consideration were Terminator Salvation at Six Flags Magic Mountain and California Screamin’ in Disney’s California Adventure.

Best Unthemed Coaster: Superman - Ride of Steel (Six Flags New England, Agawam, MA). Although this ride was recently refurbished and renamed (Bizarro) to include some new effects, I have not experienced these changes so I’m using the original incarnation of the ride for this evaluation. The ride has no inversions, but is a rush from start to finish with speed, drops, and helices that flow smoothly (albeit quickly) from one element to the next. The other coasters considered in this category were Apollo’s Chariot and Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Tatsu and Goliath at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Kraken at Sea World Orlando, and Incredible Hulk and Dueling Dragons (Fire and Ice) at Islands of Adventure. Based on reviews, Manta at Sea World Orlando is a fantastic roller coaster as well, but I have yet to experience it.

Disney will most likely renew the contract with Aerosmith. I highly doubt Disney would re brand it with Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers. Aerosmith will be here for a little longer.

Webhead

I think I've posted this before but this would be my choice!

metallica.jpg

Tom Morrow

Ugh, not this topic again. It pops up all the time, and then the responses are:

- OMG, this means they are going to change it to Hannah Montana!!
- Am I the only one who doesn't like Aerosmith?
- I think *band that would not fit at all* would be a perfect replacement!
- I would rather have a fictional band / what does Rock 'n' Roll have to do with Hollywood anyway? (a lot...)

And the obvious answer is they're most likely going to renew the contract. Its easier for Disney to do this than to retheme the ride, and why would Aerosmith object to renewing?

kingslyZISSOU

Experimental Indie Roller Coaster Staring Animal Collective = best ride ever.

I highly doubt they would be dumb enough to re brand the ride. with all the popularity of the rock band games, the younger generations are very familiar with aerosmith. and, that's the target audience for the ride. It just doesn't make sense. most people I see going on it are high school kids, and adults. not many tweens.

kingslyZISSOU

also, the nostalgia thing really hits home with many adults.

The Beatles would be realistically optimal. I hate how they try to compare jonas brothers to them.

I think it would be pretty awesome if they set it to some up beat big band music. the theming comes out of nowhere. no transition.

jedimaster1227

Basically:
1) Is the contract with Aerosmith really set to expire?
2) If so, how fast will Aerosmith be removed from the attraction?
3) Who or what will Disney replace Aerosmith with?
4) Who or what would you like to see replace Aerosmith?
5) Do you think a G Force overlay would make sense, with a complete rebranding of Rock N Roller Coaster?

Two words: contract renewal.

1.) I believe so, but there are clauses within the text that allow for easy renewals. Disney won't be letting go of Aerosmith anytime soon.
2.) They won't be.
3.) Nothing.
4.)Red Hot Chili Peppers :lookaroun, Reel Big Fish, or my favorite, They Might Be Giants
5.)Not really. I can't picture any coaster themed to a movie about talking gerbils, but that's just me. And I've been wrong before. :shrug:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

- I would rather have a fictional band / what does Rock 'n' Roll have to do with Hollywood anyway? (a lot...)

And the obvious answer is they're most likely going to renew the contract. Its easier for Disney to do this than to retheme the ride, and why would Aerosmith object to renewing?
Well, that's officially the only post I need to read on the subject. You just covered half the posts, and ended with a convincing conclusion.

jt04

Why does everyone assume Aerosmith is the decider. I'm pretty sure it would be Disney's decision first. And nobody has mentioned Led Zepplin as a possible replacement. The Who might work too. Uni has the right idea. Let people pick their own soundtrack.

disneysroyal411

Why does everyone assume Aerosmith is the decider. I'm pretty sure it would be Disney's decision first. And nobody has mentioned Led Zepplin as a possible replacement. The Who might work too. Uni has the right idea. Let people pick their own soundtrack.

No,no,no,no, and no! Everyone knows that if they switch the band it will be to Queen!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom